This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West Pines

A lot of rumors out there regarding the raffle. Can the club really charge the parents $100 if they didnt sell their alloted tickets? Bluffing? Strong arming the parents?
    Would stay if the DOC, HT, and AB were removed
    17.34%
    Would come back if DOC, HT and AB were removed.
    16.56%
    Would not stay, are leaving regardless
    30.01%
    Would never come back
    19.28%
    Will attend next open BOD meeting
    16.82%

There is a contract signed when you loin the club, if it's not in that, there is no recourse. But knowing West Pines, anything is possible.

Comment

Better watch out, per their website if you don't do the raffle, then you can be excluded from tourneys, region cup, etc AND you can be excluded from their garage sale.

Comment

The club cannot charge you. You could not register your child unless you checked a box and then agreed to it. So parents were "duped" into signing it.

If they charge anyone's credit card on file it is deemed fraud.
        ( the club would be in big trouble if they did this to several hundred parents )

Why would the club not sell raffle tickets at all the parks they were at during the tournament?
        Who is the fundraising person?

They should have come up with a fundraising fee up front or just charge one fee like it is done at other clubs.
        Weston I know charges a small fee upfront.

Comment

They cannot charge you for the "contract" is faulty. In one section it states to have participation in a club fundraiser to raise $150. In another part where the code of parent conduct is, it says to try your best to volunteer and fundraise $75, but will not be a penalty if I do not. I see this on many parent contracts. It says to "do your best'.

Comment

raffle

The raffle is to raise money for the club, every parent/child has to sell the given number of tickets in order for the raffle to work. If a parent doesn't sell all the tickets, the remaining value has to be paid. Because if they do not and just don't sell them then the raffle would not work and whatever they are raffling will have to come out of the clubs pocket.

This paying for the value of the tickets not sold, is common everywhere. When I was in highschool the same thing happened, as well as in the clubs I played at.

I don't know why parents are so surprised that they have to pay for the tickets not sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              A lot of rumors out there regarding the raffle. Can the club really charge the parents $100 if they didnt sell their alloted tickets? Bluffing? Strong arming the parents?
              It's $1000 - not $100

Comment

The raffle is to raise money for the club, every parent/child has to sell the given number of tickets in order for the raffle to work. If a parent doesn't sell all the tickets, the remaining value has to be paid. Because if they do not and just don't sell them then the raffle would not work and whatever they are raffling will have to come out of the clubs pocket.

This paying for the value of the tickets not sold, is common everywhere. When I was in highschool the same thing happened, as well as in the clubs I played at.

I don't know why parents are so surprised that they have to pay for the tickets not sold.
                Paid by whom? Please let the BOD try to charge the parents for "unsold tickets". Several parents have already contacted legal people in the event the club thinks for one second they can charge any parent for unsold tickets. They have no legal and binding contract stating clearing that each parent has to sell the tickets. It was their stupid idea to conduct a "club raffle", and then a more brilliant idea to charge their own members a "garage sale rental fee".

Comment

Sounds like West Pines is looking to generate some funds. Without funds the clubs won't succeed. Some clubs have higher fees no fundraising others lower fees with fundraising.

Before you sign anything read it and make sure you understand it. Don't cry about it later if you didn't read and understand what you signed.

As a suggestion have the hot soccer moms do a car wash. That should be a success.

Comment

Paid by whom? Please let the BOD try to charge the parents for "unsold tickets". Several parents have already contacted legal people in the event the club thinks for one second they can charge any parent for unsold tickets. They have no legal and binding contract stating clearing that each parent has to sell the tickets. It was their stupid idea to conduct a "club raffle", and then a more brilliant idea to charge their own members a "garage sale rental fee".
                    wp has to pay the ridiculous salary to the doc. since he has taken over have our teams improved? can someone tell me what he does?

Comment

wp has to pay the ridiculous salary to the doc. since he has taken over have our teams improved? can someone tell me what he does?
                      http://www.palmbeachpremier.com/club/coaches/

Comment

Looking at the website, he seems to be the fundraising king. Is a portion of his salary tied into how much monies the kids and their parents collect?

Comment

More like the funds draining king

Comment

raffle

club raffles happen in every club. Its not like its the first time a club ever does a raffle. If one parent thinks "oh im not going to sell any tickets" imagine if 2-3 kids parents decide to do that from each team?
                            it could be a great loss money wise for the raffle. Its only common sense, if you don't sell all of the tickets that you had, in the 2 months or more they had to sell them. Then you pay the remaining value. Im not even a parent and I understand it.

Comment

club raffles happen in every club. Its not like its the first time a club ever does a raffle. If one parent thinks "oh im not going to sell any tickets" imagine if 2-3 kids parents decide to do that from each team?
                              it could be a great loss money wise for the raffle. Its only common sense, if you don't sell all of the tickets that you had, in the 2 months or more they had to sell them. Then you pay the remaining value. Im not even a parent and I understand it.

The club had every opportunity to sell raffle tickets at the West Pines Tournament no?

Parents do not have to pay it is illegal for a 501-3c to "force" anyone to fund raise for a non profit. I am laughing at the club if they are gonna gets parents to pay.

Comment

Working...
                              X