Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Duke is in the top 10 and they have 3 local kids on the roster. Two who are starting.
    Had to get that Duke post in there huh BTNT? The original post mean that maybe BC needs to outside of MA for it's recruits and NOT recruit locally, mostly.

You supported that post. Duke isn't looking in NC only (although their GDA and club teams are exceptional locally). It doesn't get lost in it's back yard.

Comment

Duke is in the top 10 and they have 3 local kids on the roster. Two who are starting.
      ill be interested to see where Duke end up. Seems like the weakest Duke team ive seen in a while, but you never know.

Comment

SC? Sure seems to have found the going much harder when you actually play some decent schools. Three game losing streak and she has been a non factor. The fact that she chose to leave underlines the point. Lets relax a bit on the new ones until we play a few conference games.
        SC had some success on the national stage at a young age and then all of sudden she was the second coming to many. My D played against her starting at probably 13 and I never really got it. Don't get me wrong she's strong player and all, but for my money, RD at UNC via Penn Fusion was 10x the player SC was/is.

Comment

SC had some success on the national stage at a young age and then all of sudden she was the second coming to many. My D played against her starting at probably 13 and I never really got it. Don't get me wrong she's strong player and all, but for my money, RD at UNC via Penn Fusion was 10x the player SC was/is.
          Different players, different skill sets. SC got the awards last year because she out up numbers, but lets face it, they lost to Hosftra 4-1. You need your best players to step up in the biggest games, not make hay in the weakest ones
          Coffey's Stats in ACC play and the tournament (BC's nonconference schedule was laughable)

7 goals and 7 assists

Virginia Tech 3 goals
          NC State 1 goal
          Miami 1 goal
          Pitt 2 goals 2 assists
          Wake Forest 1 assist
          Clemson 1 assist

She is good, but i think there are more complete CMs in the ACC. However so much of peoples assessment is based on stats.

Comment

Had to get that Duke post in there huh BTNT? The original post mean that maybe BC needs to outside of MA for it's recruits and NOT recruit locally, mostly.

You supported that post. Duke isn't looking in NC only (although their GDA and club teams are exceptional locally). It doesn't get lost in it's back yard.
            What BC needs to do is not let top shelf local talent leave for the competition. It starts there. It is really that simple.

Comment

ill be interested to see where Duke end up. Seems like the weakest Duke team ive seen in a while, but you never know.
              Its a relatively inexperienced team. Only 3-4 players with significant playing time on their resumes so obviously the team is a work in progress. They struggled the first couple of games but seem to be putting the pieces together lately. They have a very tough ACC schedule this year so I wouldn't put the expectations all that high. I don't think anyone expects them to be in the college cup this year but if they do better than the 4th place finish in the ACC that they were projected to have I think the campaign could be considered a success.

Comment

Its a relatively inexperienced team. Only 3-4 players with significant playing time on their resumes so obviously the team is a work in progress. They struggled the first couple of games but seem to be putting the pieces together lately. They have a very tough ACC schedule this year so I wouldn't put the expectations all that high. I don't think anyone expects them to be in the college cup this year but if they do better than the 4th place finish in the ACC that they were projected to have I think the campaign could be considered a success.
                Thank you. Very balanced analysis

Comment

Different players, different skill sets. SC got the awards last year because she out up numbers, but lets face it, they lost to Hosftra 4-1. You need your best players to step up in the biggest games, not make hay in the weakest ones
                  Coffey's Stats in ACC play and the tournament (BC's nonconference schedule was laughable)

7 goals and 7 assists

Virginia Tech 3 goals
                  NC State 1 goal
                  Miami 1 goal
                  Pitt 2 goals 2 assists
                  Wake Forest 1 assist
                  Clemson 1 assist

She is good, but i think there are more complete CMs in the ACC. However so much of peoples assessment is based on stats.
                  Good players need other good players; otherwise, their efforts are wasted most times. In a team sport, you need a team of good players not just a few sprinkled here or there to compete with the top teams.

Comment

Duke 1 - NC State 1 - 2 OT's

Comment

Good players need other good players; otherwise, their efforts are wasted most times. In a team sport, you need a team of good players not just a few sprinkled here or there to compete with the top teams.
                      Agreed. This post is not just for BC.

Comment

of course, which is why pretending that it was all Coffey last year was an insult to every other member of that team. In theory she has "better" players around her now and yet the results are not there.

SC is a good player who was in a great situation last year. She was marketed like a great player who was doing it all in spite of her situation. Not her fault, but attention is a double edged sword.

Comment

of course, which is why pretending that it was all Coffey last year was an insult to every other member of that team. In theory she has "better" players around her now and yet the results are not there.

SC is a good player who was in a great situation last year. She was marketed like a great player who was doing it all in spite of her situation. Not her fault, but attention is a double edged sword.
                          I didn't think it was ALL SC, but the coach did try to run a lot of the offense through her. I think the coach should have allowed her to just thrive. JMHO

Comment

I didn't think it was ALL SC, but the coach did try to run a lot of the offense through her. I think the coach should have allowed her to just thrive. JMHO
                            Just thrive ? How could she have thrived more ? She is a good player. Very good at set piece delivery. Liability in open play vs good teams. Cannot defend and has a poor engine

Comment

Just thrive ? How could she have thrived more ? She is a good player. Very good at set piece delivery. Liability in open play vs good teams. Cannot defend and has a poor engine
                              BC was the right level for her and it’s telling she didn’t end up at a better ACC school. At PSU with the strong freshman class they have, she just looks average.

Comment

BC was the right level for her and it’s telling she didn’t end up at a better ACC school. At PSU with the strong freshman class they have, she just looks average.
                                I disagree with the ACC transfer. Isn't there a problem with an interleague transfer? Probably more that she didn't feel like sitting out a yr.

But spin it however you want. And she seems to be in many of the goals/plays for PSU. I think she's a good player and wish her well.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X