X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Pomp 0 Weston 0

If you were watching the game last night as i did you'd see how incorrect the above posting is.

Weston lost 2 Senior starters.
    One a News 12 Scholar athlete who was the Captain for both the Soccer and Basketball Weston HS team.
    She also shared the title as highest Goal scorer last season and was the highest point scorer for its BB program all four years. Her choice of sport was BB which she got recruited for will be heavily missed because Weston has no fast offensive attacking winger and One of the two Weston players that was selected as a SWC All conference player 2017 and 2018.

The other Senior another high goal scorer was recruited for her first sport (soccer) and currently the High goal scorer of her college team as a freshman starter, much slower but technical player with a thump of a shot and One of the three players that was selected from Weston as a Patriot division player 2017 and 2018.

So If Pomp lost 11 and Weston lost none and Weston played all horses to death and couldn't get the W. Then they are in serious trouble because they have no True goal scorer.

Good news is, KB is up next.
    have seen one of these teams play
    so 0-0 and with all the above blather- neither team is very good
    but its the SWC 2019
    MHS got smacked by Shelton then smacked IHS- so is MHS bi polar or is IHS down this year ,Newtown is always in the mix
    give it 8 games you will know who is for real

Comment

You talk way too much, nice novel Dad.
      Did he or she talk or write?
      And Was it true ?
      Did Pomp lose 11?
      Did Weston not lose two seniors with one being a Captain?
      Some seem to change the narrative when facts are reported.

Just sayin.

Comment

Did he or she talk or write?
        And Was it true ?
        Did Pomp lose 11?
        Did Weston not lose two seniors with one being a Captain?
        Some seem to change the narrative when facts are reported.

Just sayin.
        It was a he, there are no she’s on this site. I’m thinking that “talk too much” was likely a metaphor Mr. Literal. It was a long winded diatribe from someone with a lot of Weston info. What narrative was changed?

Comment

Thanks Marvin. Hold your zones. Myopic old timer
          So which is it?

Did this coach cut your kid?

Or are you upset because your kid sits on the bench at this school?

Comment

It was a he, there are no she’s on this site. I’m thinking that “talk too much” was likely a metaphor Mr. Literal. It was a long winded diatribe from someone with a lot of Weston info. What narrative was changed?
            Poster said they were at the game so obviously it is a Weston parent with a child on the team., The person was obviously frustrated at what they were watching and probably wanted to reflect and appreciate what last year’s seniors accomplished for the team.

I don’t see a problem with it. In fact I would feel the same if I knew 11 of Pomp’s squad had graduated and we still couldn’t get the W.

Just sayin.

Comment

Pomperaug 2-0 Newtown

Comment

Weston 9-1 over Kolbe

Comment

Weston 9-1 over Kolbe

For real!!!!

Shocker! and here I was thinking it would have been a close game.

Comment

Weston 9-1 over Kolbe
                    Poor Kolbe. I wonder how many of their games are other school's senior nights (everyone wants a guaranteed win). Both my Ds said the girls are really nice and they always feel bad for them.

Comment

Poor Kolbe. I wonder how many of their games are other school's senior nights (everyone wants a guaranteed win). Both my Ds said the girls are really nice and they always feel bad for them.
                      I feel for teams like this. It’s gotta be tough game in and game out especially in the FCIAC.

Comment

Why was the Pomperaug v NDF game postponed?

Comment

Mosquitos. Just a guess.

Comment

CCSU kegger

Comment

SWC has been a bit of a snoozer - Usual suspects in lead - although Brookfield has stepped up while Immaculate has stepped down.

Masuk, Weston, Newtown, Pomp and FFND continue their usual successes.

Comment

SWC has been a bit of a snoozer - Usual suspects in lead - although Brookfield has stepped up while Immaculate has stepped down.

Masuk, Weston, Newtown, Pomp and FFND continue their usual successes.
                                My $ is on Masuk as they have some very good players and it's their senior year - last chance to win some hardware. Newtown tied lowly Barlow the other day. Weston is the only one I haven't seen yet but they were playing well last year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X