Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I was responding to the "The 2006 NS “NPL” team was also beaten by a regional NEFC team in the final." portion of the comment.

The insinuation is that having NPL in the name means its a higher level team - the regional tag on the south regional team is a misnomer, they are an NPL team that play in the same NPL B division as the NS NPL team. I think NEFC have 5 teams playing in NPL A or B. At least for the fall they have taken a regional approach to NPL. I guess that is just a comment of how wide of a net NEFC actually casts in girls soccer.
    Can you please start an NEFC thread. This one is meant for bashing Aztec!!!

Comment

Can you please start an NEFC thread. This one is meant for bashing Aztec!!!
      Who are you kidding? We all know this is going to end in DA/ECNL - College commitment talk

Comment

Who are you kidding? We all know this is going to end in DA/ECNL - College commitment talk
        Ok, then start a DA/ECNL thread. We need to get our Aztec bashing done without interruption!

Comment

Ok, then start a DA/ECNL thread. We need to get our Aztec bashing done without interruption!
          LOL....all roads lead to the same destination

Comment

I was responding to the "The 2006 NS “NPL” team was also beaten by a regional NEFC team in the final." portion of the comment.

The insinuation is that having NPL in the name means its a higher level team - the regional tag on the south regional team is a misnomer, they are an NPL team that play in the same NPL B division as the NS NPL team. I think NEFC have 5 teams playing in NPL A or B. At least for the fall they have taken a regional approach to NPL. I guess that is just a comment of how wide of a net NEFC actually casts in girls soccer.
            Yes, so it all goes to show that names , ie NPL a/b, regional, pre-da, etc. don’t really mean jack squat. And it’s foolish to judge an entire club with a wide net by a few teams records.

Comment

07 Aztec win again. Where are the haters now?

Comment

07 Aztec win again. Where are the haters now?
                There is no one left in that league. The best NPL League is now the B. At least those teams have to earn their way in. CFC, Spirit of Liverpool and FCUSA are all top teams. The NPL A is all second teams who don’t even earn the right to play there. They should just blow that league up. Aztec will look better this year by default. 4th tier and yes ECNL is the best!!

ECNL
                DA
                NPL B/ECNL Regional
                NPL A

Comment

There is no one left in that league. The best NPL League is now the B. At least those teams have to earn their way in. CFC, Spirit of Liverpool and FCUSA are all top teams. The NPL A is all second teams who don’t even earn the right to play there. They should just blow that league up. Aztec will look better this year by default. 4th tier and yes ECNL is the best!!

ECNL
                  DA
                  NPL B/ECNL Regional
                  NPL A
                  Enlighten me on how you have come to that conclusion?

Comment

ECNL
                    DA
                    NPL B/ECNL Regional
                    NPL A
                    Spin it however you like.

Comment

Enlighten me on how you have come to that conclusion?
                      Different poster....

NEFC, SSS, Seacoast (and Oakwood)--top teams are no longer in NPL A--they are in the pre-DA league

Scorpions top 2 teams are in ECNL/ ECNLR, so those teams are not in either NEP NPL division

FC Stars top 4 teams are in ECNL (2)/ECNLR (2)

That's quite a few top teams from strong clubs that Aztec will never play.

Additionally, the NPL B division is completely merit-based. NPL A teams automatically get an entry because they own a license. The strong teams that don't have a license (SOL, FCUSA, CFC (even though it's their 2nd or 3rd team) all have to play in the B division, even though they may be better than teams in NPL A.

Comment

ECNL
                        DA
                        NPL B/ECNL Regional
                        NPL A
                        My league is the best! No, my league is the best! You parents need to relax. A few years from now you'll look back and realize that none of this league bashing makes a bit of difference. Cheer your kids on and be quiet about everything else.

Comment

The Pre DA league is travel for no reason.

All the leagues are watered down now. So traveling for the sake of traveling sadly. You don't need leagues to get where you want to go but before all the dilution ECNL was a stamp of approval. Now it's not clear.

The NPL A league is top teams from GPS, Bayside, Aztec and Yankee. Second teams from NEFC, Select, Seacoast and Oakwood. For a lot of good players that play HS and like the clubs this is a good option.

Stars and Scorpions always had their own league. The ECNL has become watered down and the regional league is their second or even third and fourth teams. It's just easier to sell to parents now and goes through the ECNL registration system so I imagine it's a bit better for those clubs$ but don't know. Either way, ECNL is not what it was prior to DA.

NPL B is the best of the rest. Occasionally the best of the rest has a good team regional team in it but it's weak compared to the competition in the above leagues.

Hopefully this changes soon but that's where is now. Leagues don't make the player. Training makes the player. Focus on the individual development and everyone would be better for it. Don't assume one family's path is wrong or right. Parents are smart and usually find a good path for their family and their kid.

Comment

My league is the best! No, my league is the best! You parents need to relax. A few years from now you'll look back and realize that none of this league bashing makes a bit of difference. Cheer your kids on and be quiet about everything else.
                            Not sure my girls da league is the best. Either NEFC is really good or the league is weak. Would be awesome to have a actual top teams play each other, even more dumb when you realize you wouldn’t have to travel over 90 minutes to acomplish this. This whole setup sucks

Comment

Cozzi coming back?

Comment

Cozzi coming back?
                                Who dug out this relic thread? 2019.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X