Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TS Survey

I had an epiphany this morning driving into work that I thought I would bring before this esteemed crowd of notable intellectuals...

It had to do with the types of people who frequent this forum (myself excluded of course) and those we experience everyday on our highways. I had asked myself is there a higher degree of correlation between the jerks on this site and the jerks that I see on the road every morning? I bet there is.

So, let’s set this forth as follows....which one of these people best describe you:

1. The Left Lane is Mine Guy
    This is the guy who stays in the left lane going whatever speed he wants no matter how many people pass him or close in behind him to let him know they would like to pass and never, ever moves over for anything.

2. The How Dare You Pass Me Guy
    This is the guy who, once confronted with his slow speed in the passing lane, decides the only thing he will do is then speed up to some rate of forward travel that he has heretofore never attained in his lazy progression up to that point. Only to then quickly drop back down to his slow state of travel at some future juncture of his choosing while still attempting to restrict forward travel for others. This can be mollified in part if he chooses to do this once switching to the right lane but, make no mistake, he makes sure to give you the message by speeding up smartly.

3. The Speed Up / Slow Down Guy
    This wonder is a strange combination of the last two guys where when the right lane is packed and no reasonable move out of the passing lane exists, he exhibits a leisurely rate of travel — specifically calibrated to infuriate those trying to pass. Then, once the impediments of the right lane clear and a legal move to the right could help clear the 1/4 mile backlog behind said sloth, the Speed Up Guy accelerates enough to keep his pole position in his Left Lane is Mine quest.

I’ll wager we have a veritable smorgasbord of these types here so please start self-voting. Of course, new categories of drivers are welcome along with your pithy little explanations.

Have fun

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I had an epiphany this morning driving into work that I thought I would bring before this esteemed crowd of notable intellectuals...

It had to do with the types of people who frequent this forum (myself excluded of course) and those we experience everyday on our highways. I had asked myself is there a higher degree of correlation between the jerks on this site and the jerks that I see on the road every morning? I bet there is.

So, let’s set this forth as follows....which one of these people best describe you:

This is the guy who stays in the left lane going whatever speed he wants no matter how many people pass him or close in behind him to let him know they would like to pass and never, ever moves over for anything.

This is the guy who, once confronted with his slow speed in the passing lane, decides the only thing he will do is then speed up to some rate of forward travel that he has heretofore never attained in his lazy progression up to that point. Only to then quickly drop back down to his slow state of travel at some future juncture of his choosing while still attempting to restrict forward travel for others. This can be mollified in part if he chooses to do this once switching to the right lane but, make no mistake, he makes sure to give you the message by speeding up smartly.

This wonder is a strange combination of the last two guys where when the right lane is packed and no reasonable move out of the passing lane exists, he exhibits a leisurely rate of travel — specifically calibrated to infuriate those trying to pass. Then, once the impediments of the right lane clear and a legal move to the right could help clear the 1/4 mile backlog behind said sloth, the Speed Up Guy accelerates enough to keep his pole position in his Left Lane is Mine quest.

I’ll wager we have a veritable smorgasbord of these types here so please start self-voting. Of course, new categories of drivers are welcome along with your pithy little explanations.

Have fun
    I'm the feed your wife my sausage guy

Comment

Have fun
      Jimmies

Comment

Have fun
        I just had an epiphany reading through your essay...you are a loser with WAY too much free time.

Comment

Westport dads are 100% the left lane is mine type. Maybe 110%.

Comment

Westport dads are 100% the left lane is mine type. Maybe 110%.
            Westport dads right lane all the way while their wives hang out windows bashing mailboxes with their ********

Comment

Have fun
              I say hoagies

Comment

Westport dads right lane all the way while their wives hang out windows bashing mailboxes with their ********
                t*tties

Comment

Have fun
                  I think it's perfectly acceptable to be #2 when some a-hole tries to speed pass you using the right lane when there's 20 cars right ahead of you in the left lane. Because, you know, s/he has to get to the destination 10 seconds faster so is willing to risk your safety. Fuk that person is my motto, so speed up!

Comment

I'm the feed your wife my sausage guy
                    Hahaha well played sir.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X