Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What's funny is you think U12, U13 and U14 soccer means anything. Let me educate you: No one in any of those age brackets is being recruited by colleges or getting YNT camp invites. Before HS, none of it means squat.

Want to know how the Scorpions work? Talent from other clubs who want more than NPL/NEP and don't want to play DA will aggregate to FC Stars or Scorpions depending on the convenience of Lancaster or Taunton over the next few years. Additional Stars players will look at Scorpions because they don't want to be on the "2nd" ECNL team. By U16, the teams will be decent and the weaker players from the younger years gone. Why? Because U16 is now the prime recruiting age and the sweet spot given the new recruiting rules. Scorps drop the bottom 15-20% of the roster every year looking to upgrade, so it all works out just fine for those top players from other clubs looking for an upgrade.

Top few players from these "winning" teams will move on to Stars and Scorpions or DA, then those teams won't win so much...
    I really wish I could disagree with something in this post. Tone deserves some smack-back but it’s exactly what happens

Comment

I really wish I could disagree with something in this post. Tone deserves some smack-back but it’s exactly what happens
      Stars yes. Completely agree. Scorpions, no. What competitive teams do the my have right now u15+? Select have gone DA this year. Across the board last year they were better. Some NEFC Regional programs better than their ecnl teams. 03 NEFC West. 02 North Shore, NEP/NPL B teams. So where is your logic behind this? Tell me something I am missing? The Stars 100% agree. Scorpions brand is dying. They have tried to revive it but it’s not working. The coaches aren’t good enough, the appeal isn’t there like it used to be.

Comment

What I am finding is that at the younger ages, especially girls, if you have a super athletic player and can strike a ball from distance you will win games. Most keepers are 4 foot nothing and anything 6 to 8 feet high is a goal. I watch one of the Scorpions ECNL teams play and they gave up 3 goals from 25 yards out over the keepers head. At u15 these shots would have been saved by the keeper or players would have stepped sooner. Anybody that puts winning a head of development of all players at this age is crazy winning at all cost parent or coach. The other team just kept kicking it long and only a few players were being developed but they won the game.

I do agree that Scorpions is weaker than other clubs in the ECNL but they are not at the bottoms of the league. They are middle of the road to upper middle with u15 and older teams which as the poster above said is where you want your kids to get college exposure now.

Comment

If they are so bad, why are they and clubs like FSA FC in the ECNL? Why doesn't JD allow for some better competition then?
          Why weren't they in the bottom brackets ....taking a spot they don't belong

Comment

If they are so bad, why are they and clubs like FSA FC in the ECNL? Why doesn't JD allow for some better competition then?
            We want better competition than Scorpions and FSA. Let better local clubs into the ECNL. NEFC is in our backyard and has stronger teams. Instead we have to travel 2+ hours for weaker comp. Isn't that the purpose of all this to play against other teams of the same caliber? Some of these teams give no fight. Is that really preparing players?

Comment

We want better competition than Scorpions and FSA. Let better local clubs into the ECNL. NEFC is in our backyard and has stronger teams. Instead we have to travel 2+ hours for weaker comp. Isn't that the purpose of all this to play against other teams of the same caliber? Some of these teams give no fight. Is that really preparing players?
              I've said it before...but I will again. JD would rather chew his own arm off with filed-down rotten teeth than to allow more competition within New England.

It would mean less revenue (likely no 2nd team in ECNL), more competition (possibility of not being the big dog), and potential loss of status (which would likely enhance those first two points).

Get used to it. There's warts in every league.

Comment

JD will never allow someone in his sate to compete against him......lost revenue is the major issue and of course his status

Comment

What “weaker comp” are you driving 2+ hours for? PDA, SUSA, World Class, etc. drove up for the Stars Cup and went home with the girls trophies and GPS drove 30 minutes and took home the boys’ trophies. Stars didn’t win their brackets on their home turf so what weaker competition are you referring to?

Comment

What “weaker comp” are you driving 2+ hours for? PDA, SUSA, World Class, etc. drove up for the Stars Cup and went home with the girls trophies and GPS drove 30 minutes and took home the boys’ trophies. Stars didn’t win their brackets on their home turf so what weaker competition are you referring to?
                    Oddly, those aren't the only teams they play.

Comment

you are an idiot. you might want to read the thread thoroughly first before adding your two cents.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X