X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only if you are a sh¡thead

Comment

Haha. Kickball is obviously European. I love that putz that said its south American and nicaragua is in central america. Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Haha. Kickball is obviously European. I love that putz that said its south American and nicaragua is in central america. Hahaha
        I don’t see Europeans on the field here in south Florida do you?

Comment

Diversity

Big issue for Weston FC is they should really consider much more diversity, they are mainly South American centric and do not realize they need more diversity to reach next step. Weston FC belongs to Hispanic community.

Comment

Big issue for Weston FC is they should really consider much more diversity, they are mainly South American centric and do not realize they need more diversity to reach next step. Weston FC belongs to Hispanic community.
            You are stupid. Those Weston kids you are talking about are American. They were born and raised in America. Soccer is in their blood.

Comment

Big issue for you. Racist.

Comment

How is vp gonna drive everyday 2 hours? poor guy, take a paycut and increase commute. lose lose situation.

Comment

You are stupid. Those Weston kids you are talking about are American. They were born and raised in America. Soccer is in their blood.
                  Soccer is in their blood...because they are American or because of their Latin American heritage... both thoughts can arguably be construed these days as racism.

I think the other dude has a minutia of a point. Are the kids who play predominantly of Latin American heritage or descent because the area is comprised mostly of that diverse makeup or does it reflect the heritage of the coaches and the notion that if someone if of Latin American descent that “soccer is in their blood”.

Perception then becomes reality to a mostly Latin American coaching staff - and blinders blur clear objective observations. To assume that because someone is of Latin American descent is going to better at soccer is no different than assuming that because someone from the inner city can play basketball. Yet, the assumptions are there. Do those assumption subconsciously affect selections... affect how the staff then views potential players? Who knows — the only thing that outsiders can see is the composition of the teams which may or may not reflect subconscious bias on behalf of the staff or something else. Interesting though.

Comment

Soccer is in their blood...because they are American or because of their Latin American heritage... both thoughts can arguably be construed these days as racism.

I think the other dude has a minutia of a point. Are the kids who play predominantly of Latin American heritage or descent because the area is comprised mostly of that diverse makeup or does it reflect the heritage of the coaches and the notion that if someone if of Latin American descent that “soccer is in their blood”.

Perception then becomes reality to a mostly Latin American coaching staff - and blinders blur clear objective observations. To assume that because someone is of Latin American descent is going to better at soccer is no different than assuming that because someone from the inner city can play basketball. Yet, the assumptions are there. Do those assumption subconsciously affect selections... affect how the staff then views potential players? Who knows — the only thing that outsiders can see is the composition of the teams which may or may not reflect subconscious bias on behalf of the staff or something else. Interesting though.
                    subconscious biases affect everything we do. you see a guy in glasses and a suit and tie and you think he is smart or trustworthy. but, look, if you can play, you can play. like they say, ball don't lie. most latin kids stick with soccer as their primary sport, while many non-latins head to track, football, basketball, etc. around the end of middle school. that's the only difference i see.

Comment

subconscious biases affect everything we do. you see a guy in glasses and a suit and tie and you think he is smart or trustworthy. but, look, if you can play, you can play. like they say, ball don't lie. most latin kids stick with soccer as their primary sport, while many non-latins head to track, football, basketball, etc. around the end of middle school. that's the only difference i see.
                      I also noticed the skin color tends to vary.

Comment

You are a more if you think that “soccer is in their blood l” is racism.

Comment

I think he means you are a moron

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X