Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College coaches in soccer

Why does it seem that coaches in college are there until they want to leave?
    I’ve watch the UNH women’s coach get out-coached time and time again, allows his players to pad national point rankings by shooting from everywhere instead of passing to help the team score, play kick and run like high school. A halfway decent coach would’ve had much better success. He does a great job recruiting, but doesn’t know what to do with the talent

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why does it seem that coaches in college are there until they want to leave?
    I’ve watch the UNH women’s coach get out-coached time and time again, allows his players to pad national point rankings by shooting from everywhere instead of passing to help the team score, play kick and run like high school. A halfway decent coach would’ve had much better success. He does a great job recruiting, but doesn’t know what to do with the talent
    Plenty of schools don't put much effort into soccer. It's a non revenue sport. As long as a team does Ok (isn't terrible) and doesn't cause any issues, coaches can keep their jobs under ADs that don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Plenty of schools don't put much effort into soccer. It's a non revenue sport. As long as a team does Ok (isn't terrible) and doesn't cause any issues, coaches can keep their jobs under ADs that don't care.
      I wouldn’t say the AD does not care, I would say coaches and ADs want to win within the parameters of what the school wants.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X