Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ECNL games are more like that! All these posters want you to believe that ECNL is the only way to flourish! All BULL****!
    Except it really is. Tons of good players that get missed because no one sees them play. There’s also the issue of speed of play if they aren’t used to it.

Comment

Announced today. Others shouldn't have announced until it was official

Congrats to her. Well deserved
      It was official. It wasn’t announced

Comment

You don’t know jack
        He doesn’t talk to parents
        I do. I’m one of his players.

Off to shower and school

Comment

Congratulations Jess M.

Good luck.

Comment

Congratulations Jess M.

Good luck.
            Very nice article about Jessica Mazo being named National HS Player of the year and committing to UCONN:

https://www.courant.com/sports/colle...zzu-story.html

Comment

Very nice article about Jessica Mazo being named National HS Player of the year and committing to UCONN:

Happy for her.....and wish her continued success. I have seen her play several times over the years, and she is a beast in the midfield. Although only 5 ft 3inches she is solid and very hard to knock off the ball.

I noted in the article that she is eligible for both Colombia and USA national teams....somewhat surprised that she has not been called into a US Youth NT camp. Would her chances have been better for a call-up if she played at OW or CFC?

Comment

Careful. Apparently any who dare ask objective questions about a player after her club/HS/college decide to broadcast her accomplishments to the world will be shunned by the do-gooders who police this site.

Comment

Careful. Apparently any who dare ask objective questions about a player after her club/HS/college decide to broadcast her accomplishments to the world will be shunned by the do-gooders who police this site.
                  That’s not true op asked a question in a respectful manner so I will give him a respectful answer- probably at CFC as they have a huge hook into USSoccer but that’s the problem
                  If US soccer only looks at clubs where someone is a board member then the miss a ton of kids
                  If they haven’t seen a 3x AA then that in itself is the issue hook or no hook

Comment

That’s not true op asked a question in a respectful manner so I will give him a respectful answer- probably at CFC as they have a huge hook into USSoccer but that’s the problem
                    If US soccer only looks at clubs where someone is a board member then the miss a ton of kids
                    If they haven’t seen a 3x AA then that in itself is the issue hook or no hook
                    I think she would have greater visibility at OW, since they are in GDA. Many more Youth NT scouts attend GDA games/showcases versus other youth platforms.

Comment

I think she would have greater visibility at OW, since they are in GDA. Many more Youth NT scouts attend GDA games/showcases versus other youth platforms.
                      And, hence we suck at the youth level. Most of the female talent does not play for GDA, and even if they did, they appear to be taking recommendations from clubs and coaches that have agendas and personal interests and they are omitting the names of many top players. US Soccer needs to stop this charade or be replaced. They need to do a better job of turning over rocks and finding talent everywhere, regardless of their club, coach, or pedigree. US Soccer methodologies and current scouting system is an abomination for both genders and they better get their act together.

Comment

And, hence we suck at the youth level. Most of the female talent does not play for GDA, and even if they did, they appear to be taking recommendations from clubs and coaches that have agendas and personal interests and they are omitting the names of many top players. US Soccer needs to stop this charade or be replaced. They need to do a better job of turning over rocks and finding talent everywhere, regardless of their club, coach, or pedigree. US Soccer methodologies and current scouting system is an abomination for both genders and they better get their act together.
                        Some very good points. I believe new USSF president Cordiero has put together a youth soccer taskforce to address these issues along with the whole youth soccer landscape. Given the vested interests of competing youth platforms, I would image that any changes recommended will be met with pushback. In the end, nothing will change is my bet.

Comment

Some very good points. I believe new USSF president Cordiero has put together a youth soccer taskforce to address these issues along with the whole youth soccer landscape. Given the vested interests of competing youth platforms, I would image that any changes recommended will be met with pushback. In the end, nothing will change is my bet.
                          The new USSF president is an ex Goldman Sachs investment banker who never played soccer himself. We know exactly where it's going to go. USSF will continue to try and consolidate power, control and grab as much player market share as they can. They will not work with competing platforms to try and better US soccer.

Comment

In order to validate the existence of the GDA, the vast majority of players selected for YNT will come from GDA teams.

Comment

In order to validate the existence of the GDA, the vast majority of players selected for YNT will come from GDA teams.
                              As a safeguard, they can blame ECNL for the results.

Comment

"Jack Nogueira, in his 20th season at St. Joseph, first saw Mazo play when she was about 10, and playing for a travel team in Bridgeport. Eventually he got her to join his Yankee United program."

Damn...Jack even recruits 10 year olds

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X