X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why doesn’t gda practice set pieces

Real question

My u16 has played in Orlando and now south Florida , at this age and level everyone has first touch and basic skills down , during practice they work on a lot of things but never set pieces ... is their a reason why? I asked parents from across the country at the showcase and they said the same thing.

As a former player , our team spent 30-40 Percent of the time perfecting set piece plays , a lot of goals come from set pieces. seems like on the girls side they just have someone with a strong kick crush it toward goal with no rythme or reason

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Real question

My u16 has played in Orlando and now south Florida , at this age and level everyone has first touch and basic skills down , during practice they work on a lot of things but never set pieces ... is their a reason why? I asked parents from across the country at the showcase and they said the same thing.

As a former player , our team spent 30-40 Percent of the time perfecting set piece plays , a lot of goals come from set pieces. seems like on the girls side they just have someone with a strong kick crush it toward goal with no rythme or reason
    Coaches don't know any.

Comment

Real question

My u16 has played in Orlando and now south Florida , at this age and level everyone has first touch and basic skills down , during practice they work on a lot of things but never set pieces ... is their a reason why?
      I don't know if their is a reason why but there might be a reason why. What do you think, chucklehead?

Comment

Hahaha
        You are asking a soccer related question on here ??? no one here knows anything about soccer , just how every team but their own sucks

Hahahaha

Comment

What’s a set piece?

Comment

Real question

WFF GDA practices them. That is how they score so many goals.

Comment

Loads of teams don't practice set pieces. It isn't league specific but comes from too many clueless coaches everywhere

Comment

WFF GDA practices them. That is how they score so many goals.
                An entire team of U16’ that have excellent first touch? And all other technical skills down? Florida State, Stanford and UCLA teams do not even have 100% girls with excellent first touch. This team must be amazing!

Comment

Because the coaching sucks

Comment

who cares about set pieces. not enough time to deal with that. I want my kids coach working on technical skills not set pieces

Comment

who cares about set pieces. not enough time to deal with that. I want my kids coach working on technical skills not set pieces
                      I’m talking about set pieces in the gda not rec, in lower tiers coaches need to work on first touches etc , we all get that

Comment

GDA’s suck

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X