Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Combo of things. Speaking generally, the girls are individually technical due to all the training each of them do and are very athletic. They play an ugly brand of kick and run soccer that works against most 09 and 08 opponents because of the proceeding sentence. You can hide a lot at this age just by those two things. Winning makes lots of things look good on the surface. Girls work hard and are very driven. The hiding part is due to lack of coaching. When they run into a team that can't be over muscled physically (especially in midfield), can cover a few key kids, and has good team passing then they can be beaten.
    This is a pretty good summary. One thing to add about the coach. Don't expect any adaptation during a game. It doesn't happen a lot because the girls are so good, and they don't face that many teams that can give them a good run, but he doesn't know how to switch a game plan (try to win) if things aren't going the way he wants. Extreme confidence in the kids he's recruited is the game plan.

Comment

Oh wow!!!!

This is a pretty good summary. One thing to add about the coach. Don't expect any adaptation during a game. It doesn't happen a lot because the girls are so good, and they don't face that many teams that can give them a good run, but he doesn't know how to switch a game plan (try to win) if things aren't going the way he wants. Extreme confidence in the kids he's recruited is the game plan.

Comment

Combo of things. Speaking generally, the girls are individually technical due to all the training each of them do and are very athletic. They play an ugly brand of kick and run soccer that works against most 09 and 08 opponents because of the proceeding sentence. You can hide a lot at this age just by those two things. Winning makes lots of things look good on the surface. Girls work hard and are very driven. The hiding part is due to lack of coaching. When they run into a team that can't be over muscled physically (especially in midfield), can cover a few key kids, and has good team passing then they can be beaten.
        They are annoying as hell on this board, but I think the only team to beat them this year is FC Stars 2008 Blue ECNL. I have only seen them play once, but they have a couple of kids who are pretty special for that age. They are talented and deep overall. Can they stay together and keep improving until the HS ages when it really counts?

Comment

I don’t understand how anyone from MF Shore thinks this helps their club. If your little girls are they good then they are that good. You don’t go on blogs to brag. Everyone would know. It is so desperate and funny at this point you’re making it more of a joke. The way you talk about 12 year old girls is hysterical to the parents in Matchfit with kids in u17 and u18.

Comment

This makes their club look stupid. Take a look at the standings. Mercer was terrible. Shore’s younger teams lost more than they won and they are going to once again hang everything on the 09 team.

Comment

This makes their club look stupid. Take a look at the standings. Mercer was terrible. Shore’s younger teams lost more than they won and they are going to once again hang everything on the 09 team.
              Decent chance at least some of this is another club trying to make the look bad. Has to be one parent on that team at least posting some of this. Shore and Mercer are like PDA Shore and PDA Florida for PDA. The main club for MFA is in Denville like PDA is in Zarephath.

Comment

Decent chance at least some of this is another club trying to make the look bad. Has to be one parent on that team at least posting some of this. Shore and Mercer are like PDA Shore and PDA Florida for PDA. The main club for MFA is in Denville like PDA is in Zarephath.
                MF Shore, the best of the best! Come see what the buzz is all about. Tryouts March 31st- April 7th. We Are The Shore!

Comment

What happened to the 2011 MF shore girls team?

Comment

Considering they are around 10 they were probably tired and needed naps. The fact you people spend so much energy talking about little girls as if they are relevant in soccer is hysterical. Let these kids grow up and see who is actually is talented when they are older.

Comment

We are the Shore mother ****ers! Haters got to hate.

Comment

The white team lost all their games but one and came in last and the other took 5th or 6th. He’s playing them up because he needs them to go to Jeff cup, super copa and whatever other tournament that has a flashy name and plays 9v9.

Comment

The white team lost all their games but one and came in last and the other took 5th or 6th. He’s playing them up because he needs them to go to Jeff cup, super copa and whatever other tournament that has a flashy name and plays 9v9.
                          Your just jealous because your piece of **** couldn't make our team. It's lonely at the top, but at least we can laugh at losers like you and your kid up there. WE ARE THE SHORE!

Comment

Ya that team got worked by some mediocre 10's lmao !!! garbage !

Comment

Any one at the DTS tournament today? My D had a game and we got to watch the MF Shore team play. Three words... Oh my god! I've never seen such a talented group of girls. And these kids were actually playing up a year! We actually stayed just to watch their second game. They impressively won BOTH GAMES! All I can say is wow! What are they teaching these kids at MF Shore? My d asked about trying out for them. It seems they are about 2hrs from me, but I don't mind the ride if this is what type of training I can expect. Does anyone know where and when the tryouts are and whom to contact? Thanks in advance, signed a really impressed parent.
                              Way to talk up the MF Shore team. The games I've seen they looked like nothing more then over aggressive kids. Very little actual skill. Looked more like brute ball. The teams they were winning against aren't the same level they were even a year ago.

So, great, I'm happy for you. You won a trophy at 11/12yrs old. Maybe one day in HS you can dust it off and look back at how good you used to be. Learn some skills, play like a team and don't brag until after you hit puberty.

Comment

Way to talk up the MF Shore team. The games I've seen they looked like nothing more then over aggressive kids. Very little actual skill. Looked more like brute ball. The teams they were winning against aren't the same level they were even a year ago.

So, great, I'm happy for you. You won a trophy at 11/12yrs old. Maybe one day in HS you can dust it off and look back at how good you used to be. Learn some skills, play like a team and don't brag until after you hit puberty.
                                I’m not talking about MF shore as I didn’t see them play but DTS was eye-opening as far as watching some “academy” teams play play borderline dirty and who’s game plans were just kick it long to the forwards. Saw coach cursing at his team. Shocked at what some people will pay for and tolerate.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X