GAL Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clubs should be set that they have 16-20 at practices, and players beyond #10 should be fighting for those spots (Well, everyone should be fighting, but realistically we are talking about subs here).

But, those who aren't there on game day (which should be no more than 16, EVER), should be playing on a lower team (i.e. ECNLR, DPL, etc etc).

Club is just soaking parents of the #19 kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Clueless, my daughter’s U15 GA team had only 13, tremendous for playing time. Trust me they want to carry just the right amount.
      Funny, My Ds U15 GA team has 13 because a bunch of kids left and the club can't get any good replacements. Started in September with 18. Go figure. Maybe we are on the same team

Comment

Not all but the noticed some teams we played against only had 3-4 players on the bench too, perhaps some we’re missing or maybe they carry that number for a reason.
        Lack of demand is the reason.

Comment

Funny, My Ds U15 GA team has 13 because a bunch of kids left and the club can't get any good replacements. Started in September with 18. Go figure. Maybe we are on the same team
          It’s hard to attract I think GAL is less competitive than DA and a lot of the better kids left for ECNL. Not on all teams but quite a few for sure. Good luck and always look out for the best interest of your daughter without falling for the sales pitch no matter where you are.

Comment

It’s hard to attract I think GAL is less competitive than DA and a lot of the better kids left for ECNL. Not on all teams but quite a few for sure. Good luck and always look out for the best interest of your daughter without falling for the sales pitch no matter where you are.
            Everyone speaks of all these ecnl teams and options???....what clubs are their besides PDA and MFA? what am I missing??

Comment

Everyone speaks of all these ecnl teams and options???....what clubs are their besides PDA and MFA? what am I missing??
              In NJ PDA Blue, PDA White, PDA South, Matchfit

In NY WC, SUSA, East Meadow

In PA FC Buck, Penn Fusion, FC Delco

Obviously depending on where you live some of these clubs could be difficult to get to. In NJ you have 4 options. Depending on where you live in NJ you could also go to WC if your North or for South and Central Jersey folks the PA clubs might work.

Bottom line there are options IF ECNL is what your after

Comment

There aren’t any. It sucks. Match Fit across the board has a bad rep from Mercer to North and shore, just forget about. PDA it’s basically known that you have to be north.

Comment

In NJ PDA Blue, PDA White, PDA South, Matchfit

In NY WC, SUSA, East Meadow

In PA FC Buck, Penn Fusion, FC Delco

Obviously depending on where you live some of these clubs could be difficult to get to. In NJ you have 4 options. Depending on where you live in NJ you could also go to WC if your North or for South and Central Jersey folks the PA clubs might work.

Bottom line there are options IF ECNL is what your after
                  thank you

Comment

There aren’t any. It sucks. Match Fit across the board has a bad rep from Mercer to North and shore, just forget about. PDA it’s basically known that you have to be north.
                    sigh, exactly.

Comment

Lack of demand is the reason.
                      Absolutely true....I think everyone knows the deal when it comes to the DA to GAL transition.

Comment

Absolutely true....I think everyone knows the deal when it comes to the DA to GAL transition.
                        Everyone with two eyes can see where GAL is heading.

Comment

I’d rather stick and see where GAL goes because the ECNL options totally suck.

Comment

so all these players so your speaking of went to these very limited ecnl teams? really? or went back to town teams? quit? please tell me how you know? the deal is the soccer landscape and options are limited in NJ for girls whether it be by distance, cost, etc. that can and want to play at a higher level.

Comment

You'll stick to GA options because thats all that is available unless its off to the EDP.

Comment

My D is definitely going to grab a seat on the ECNL lifeboat before the GA ship sinks. We already saw what happened a year ago with the DA and if this season is any indication, GA will suffer a similar fate.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X