Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My daughter gets zero playing time but she still has fun. It’s a lot to pay for travel but she really enjoys it.
    Cool story bro. You realize she's not reaching her full potential never playing in games right?

Comment

We are the shore!
      the idiot is up

Comment

Cool story bro. You realize she's not reaching her full potential never playing in games right?
        yeah bro the state called, they want their G.E.D back, bro

Comment

yeah bro the state called, they want their G.E.D back, bro
          Insults rather than addressing the poster's point gets you nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
            insults rather than addressing the poster's point gets you nowhere.
            we are the shore!

Comment

30, but a game roster can't be more than 18.

Just in case anyone wants to freak out, this is the exact same as ECNL.
              Clueless, my daughter’s U15 GA team had only 13, tremendous for playing time. Trust me they want to carry just the right amount.

Comment

Clueless, my daughter’s U15 GA team had only 13, tremendous for playing time. Trust me they want to carry just the right amount.
                Clearly reading comprehension is low on your skill list. It states later on that these are the rules for both ECNL and GAL. Your specific team can carry less but is totally justified if they take up to 30. It's fan-freaking-tastic that your kid's full sided squad only fields 13 (that's tough), but has nothing to do with the actual upper limit they can sign.

Comment

Tremendous for not having enough for a game also. I bet there was only one GK? Good luck with that. Yes anything more than 20 is too much but 18 is not only fine but necessary.

Comment

Money, roster flexibility, injury protection, keeping kids away from rival clubs, etc.

Pick your rationale, but money is at the top for me for both leagues.
                    My kid's team is 22, a few years ago I would've balked at that, now not so much. A few years ago they had 18 and entered into the ECNL season with 5 players injured (thanks to HS ball). It was a little rough hitting the pitch with 13 players for Fall/Winter Showcases and a few games of full court press soccer for 90 minutes. Currently, her 22 player team has 3 injured...so yeah, $$$ is definitely the biggest motivator but I do think injury plays a part in it.

Comment

Yes I'm sure your team represents all of GAL right? Plenty have huge rosters, or had until the GDA started falling apart. If a team can't get at least 15 by high school there's a reason for it - no one wants it. Don't think for a minute the club wouldn't add more players if someone called them up.

Comment

Clearly reading comprehension is low on your skill list. It states later on that these are the rules for both ECNL and GAL. Your specific team can carry less but is totally justified if they take up to 30. It's fan-freaking-tastic that your kid's full sided squad only fields 13 (that's tough), but has nothing to do with the actual upper limit they can sign.
                        Most teams we play have 15-16 tops from what I noticed so nowhere’s near 30, most teams like to keep rosters low for playing time. Maybe it’s a supply/demand thing too who knows.

Comment

13 is a little snug; 16 ideal; 18 bearable.

Anything beyond that...I've got some sweet swampland for sale. You interested?

Comment

My kid's team is 22, a few years ago I would've balked at that, now not so much. A few years ago they had 18 and entered into the ECNL season with 5 players injured (thanks to HS ball). It was a little rough hitting the pitch with 13 players for Fall/Winter Showcases and a few games of full court press soccer for 90 minutes. Currently, her 22 player team has 3 injured...so yeah, $$$ is definitely the biggest motivator but I do think injury plays a part in it.
                            There's also the reality that players aspiring for college ball need to get used to fighting for PT. Huge rosters aren't ok, nor is giving players 16-20 almost no PT. They're paying as much as players 1-15. But you will have to fight for your PT in college. Fact.

Comment

Most teams we play have 15-16 tops from what I noticed so nowhere’s near 30, most teams like to keep rosters low for playing time. Maybe it’s a supply/demand thing too who knows.
                              Definitely more of the latter. When GDA was stronger many rosters, at least at the stronger clubs, were bigger.

Comment

Yes I'm sure your team represents all of GAL right? Plenty have huge rosters, or had until the GDA started falling apart. If a team can't get at least 15 by high school there's a reason for it - no one wants it. Don't think for a minute the club wouldn't add more players if someone called them up.
                                Not all but the noticed some teams we played against only had 3-4 players on the bench too, perhaps some we’re missing or maybe they carry that number for a reason.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X