Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lolol CSA? Do you realize that even within their own county in NJ there are other clubs and teams much better than them. Wall, PSA, MF Shore etc.
    But those clubs are all already playing in the tournament and MF Shore doesn’t have good teams u14+

Comment

WC is the number one ranked team in the state at YSR and that is one of the better ranking sites out there. Lucky for you that they are not going so maybe you can look better.
      Doesn't say much for teams in the state

Comment

SUSA, PSA, STA, PDA, NYSC, Manhattan, Surf, Dynamite, Scorpions, LISC, FC Stars, Wall, South Shore Select, Quickstrike

Good list of teams. Where's EMSC, CSA and World Class at?
        Pigs will fly before the little guy at EM enters anything Susa related. Maybe the others are playing in the Manhattan kickoff?

Comment

Doesn't say much for teams in the state
          It's a tournament for youth soccer like in any other state. Seen tons of it and it is more or less the same regardless of state. Relax.

Comment

I was recently told by an ECNL parent that with mandatory futsal, Susa is about $7000 a year! I didn’t say anything but is this true? I’m shocked

Comment

I was recently told by an ECNL parent that with mandatory futsal, Susa is about $7000 a year! I didn’t say anything but is this true? I’m shocked
              Yes, it’s pretty much true. But think about it, my kid is guaranteed to get to play Div1 college soccer when he’s done, and he’ll ptrobably also be able to go pro after that. It seems a little pricey, but at least it’s more or less guaranteed because of this clubs reputation. I’d probably be willing to pay double that do it seems like a bargain for all I’m getting.

Comment

Yes, it’s pretty much true. But think about it, my kid is guaranteed to get to play Div1 college soccer when he’s done, and he’ll ptrobably also be able to go pro after that. It seems a little pricey, but at least it’s more or less guaranteed because of this clubs reputation. I’d probably be willing to pay double that do it seems like a bargain for all I’m getting.
                There's sarcasm in your post clearly, but some truth. What other club, especially on the girls side is getting their payer recruited?

Comment

When my daughter transferred over to ECNL no one guaranteed a thing t myself or my daughter. Every tang was up to her. When it came time to talk about colleges she made a list and the coaches told her which schools they thought were reaches and advised her on other colleges as well. No one every made a guarantee. The only thing they said with certainty is that playing ECNL will offer her more visibility than her former club. With that the were right. ECNL offered her the platform to get identified and that’s it. The rest was on her with no personal guarantees.

Comment

Of course not. Player went off to play college soccer long before ecnl and Susa were around and they will presumable do the same after ecnl and Susa are gone and replaced by the whatever the next big thing is.

The player works hard and get themselves recruited.

Comment

SUSA Tournament

1/3 of the mls players are getting less than $100k/yr for a salary. If you are good enough to make the pros that is awesome, but you can barely live on LI and support a family on LI for $100k yr.

If you put as much effort into your education/studys (than playing soccer) you can make a hell lot more $$$$ becoming a decent lawyer, doctor, businessman, contractor, ect.

Comment

There's sarcasm in your post clearly, but some truth. What other club, especially on the girls side is getting their payer recruited?
                        SUSA is by far the best. Leaves Barca in the dust.

Comment

SUSA is by far the best. Leaves Barca in the dust.
                          SUSA is the best what? Certainly not training

Comment

1/3 of the mls players are getting less than $100k/yr for a salary. If you are good enough to make the pros that is awesome, but you can barely live on LI and support a family on LI for $100k yr.

If you put as much effort into your education/studys (than playing soccer) you can make a hell lot more $$$$ becoming a decent lawyer, doctor, businessman, contractor, ect.
                            Bingo you just called it. Even worse on the ladies side they make like 20k playing in NWSL. It’s embarrassing how poorly they treat and pay these ladies.

Comment

Bingo you just called it. Even worse on the ladies side they make like 20k playing in NWSL. It’s embarrassing how poorly they treat and pay these ladies.
                              If fans would attend NWSL games like fans attend MLS games there wouldn't be a disparity. Sad but true.

Comment

That’s exactly right. We were also given guarantees of D1 full ride if we joined SUSA. Who cares about training. We’ve got it made now! I ❤️ SUSA

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X