Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    NOBODY should be playing soccer in that kind of weather. People have lost their damn minds if they let their kids play in temperatures like that. It is not fun for the kids and leads to injuries - you all are nuts to be hoping that the tournament proceeds. Let them reschedule.
    I know at least two kids who can't wait to play in that weather. But continue with your overly dramatic plea.

Comment

NJ & VA events are cancelled. PA flights are still on for PF Showcase

Comment

Fake news the whole thing is still on. Where do you see announcement about nJ and Va flights cancelled?

Comment

Fake news haha.

Our coach emailed our team. I'm guessing all coaches and team managers got some info sent

Comment

High of 22 on Monday, with the windchill predictions are around 5 degrees. Can’t tell me that’s safe for the children.
            Last year it was was colder and it still went on. It’s winter so it will be cold. Layer up, wear gloves and if not stay home

Comment

Why did they cancel NJ and VA? Covid related?

Comment

I believe NJ fields haven’t been plowed

Comment

I believe NJ fields haven’t been plowed
                  Are they playing on grass? Makes no sense

Comment

Are they playing on grass? Makes no sense
                    The Capelli/Cedar Stars field complex they are playing at is similar to Proving Grounds, but they do not allow any plowing. The NJ board is not too pleased with the cancellation.

Comment

The Capelli/Cedar Stars field complex they are playing at is similar to Proving Grounds, but they do not allow any plowing. The NJ board is not too pleased with the cancellation.
                      Oh wow not surprised then, have not heard too much good about that club. Glad we are still a go in PA.

Comment

Why did they cancel NJ and VA? Covid related?
                        No they said covid might be a hoax

Comment

Oh wow not surprised then, have not heard too much good about that club. Glad we are still a go in PA.
                          Oh yeah! My kid is thrilled to be playing in single digit temperatures on a frozen surface and she is so excited for the 815 arrival. Let’s hope nobody gets injured - the tournament should have canceled all games. Soccer isn’t meant to be played in single digit temperatures - and it still a dead period for D1 makes no sense just reschedule.

Comment

Oh yeah! My kid is thrilled to be playing in single digit temperatures on a frozen surface and she is so excited for the 815 arrival. Let’s hope nobody gets injured - the tournament should have canceled all games. Soccer isn’t meant to be played in single digit temperatures - and it still a dead period for D1 makes no sense just reschedule.
                            Stay at home then.

Comment

Don’t play for these money hungry clubs then. I agree with you though they have no care in the world about safety if someone gets injured, next in line!

Comment

Plowing is a choice a company makes, and has to do with warranty/insurance of the field. It is not recommended to plow turf, and most turf companies will void the warranty if the field is plowed and damage occurs. Understand, you can’t scrape the surface clean. If you can’t get the base of snow/ice to a quarter inch you will have a tough time with melting, especially if you don’t have sun or warmer temps, it all depends on the weather after plowing. If you have a thick ice base you have to wait for it to melt before it is safe for players, and that can take time depending on the weather. Also, if you get dumped with over a foot of snow and the forecast shows another significant snow coming, then it might be best to plow after the second snow event.

There is a BIG difference between a club that has their own turf fields and a company that rents turf fields. The club is going to minimize the risk of damage and the company will make an effort to keep the money flowing. No state or tournament is going to be upset with a club that makes the decision not to plow their turf.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X