X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s going on at Barca Academy NY?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Susa has 100% overachieved. In just a few years they went from a couple of trainers who got hired by Daddy coached teams to work with town teams 1-2X a week to a huge ECNL club with their own field complex, multiple ECNL conference championships and an accomplished record of college placements. I'm not looking to shlt on Barca, but pound for pound, you can't compare the footprints of the 2 clubs on the local soccer landscape.
    i see, so you are comparing a club that has been in business for 15+ years and a club that has been in business for about 4.

a bit biased and not really a fair comparison would you not say?

Comment

Susa has 100% overachieved. In just a few years they went from a couple of trainers who got hired by Daddy coached teams to work with town teams 1-2X a week to a huge ECNL club with their own field complex, multiple ECNL conference championships and an accomplished record of college placements. I'm not looking to shlt on Barca, but pound for pound, you can't compare the footprints of the 2 clubs on the local soccer landscape.
      Yes- overachieved in an underhanded, breaking up town clubs kind of way. And still cannot get a decent boys side showing at college showcases without guest players 15 years later. And oh I forgot, their facilities were built right away with zero red tape or hiccups.

Comment

i see, so you are comparing a club that has been in business for 15+ years and a club that has been in business for about 4.

a bit biased and not really a fair comparison would you not say?
        Um are you kidding? Like I said, Susa was a couple of trainers who worked with Daddy coached town teams, it was hardly a "club". Barca was backed by the most successful club in the history of soccer. Again, this is only in terms of over/underachievement.

I laughed when Susa started fielding "Susa teams" in NYCSL, never in a million years did I think they'd be where they are now. And yeah, I'm kind of surprised about how Barca is seemingly panning out.

Comment

Yes- overachieved in an underhanded, breaking up town clubs kind of way. And still cannot get a decent boys side showing at college showcases without guest players 15 years later. And oh I forgot, their facilities were built right away with zero red tape or hiccups.
          I'm sorry, did you not know you're talking about LI, where nobody gives a rats ***** about boys soccer? The few decent players that get squeaked out by ANY club headed to the DA teams. LI is Lax Country for the boys that aren't football or basketball.

Comment

Barca is just another pay for play outfit. No better or worse than any other. If your kid is decent have him attend a real academy.

Comment

I'm sorry, did you not know you're talking about LI, where nobody gives a rats ***** about boys soccer? The few decent players that get squeaked out by ANY club headed to the DA teams. LI is Lax Country for the boys that aren't football or basketball.
              Yeah ok...

Comment

Yeah ok...
                LI has maybe 6 or 7 boys graduating this year, committed to play D1 soccer. Wouldn't call that a hotbed...

Comment

LI has maybe 6 or 7 boys graduating this year, committed to play D1 soccer. Wouldn't call that a hotbed...
                  Their showcasing season got scrapped. Just like LAX season last spring and most likely this spring, so let revisit this in a few months...

Comment

Their showcasing season got scrapped. Just like LAX season last spring and most likely this spring, so let revisit this in a few months...
                    Well 2020 only had about a dozen compared to Lax's 50+. Face it, boys soccer is not popular on LI.

Comment

Well 2020 only had about a dozen compared to Lax's 50+. Face it, boys soccer is not popular on LI.
                      I’m mad because you said soccer is not popular on LI. You are so clever, you win.

Comment

All you nuts chasing the very limited money in D1 soccer for both males/females. Tell your kids to get great grades and who cares about D1 sports. Check out the burn ratio after the first year.

Really is this your kids dream or for you to brag to your meaningless buddies?

Comment

All you nuts chasing the very limited money in D1 soccer for both males/females. Tell your kids to get great grades and who cares about D1 sports. Check out the burn ratio after the first year.

Really is this your kids dream or for you to brag to your meaningless buddies?
                          I guess if it's just a pipe dream then no, your kid wouldn't care about D1 sports. But for hundreds of kids on LI playing sports, D1 sports and the $$$ that comes with it are a reality. And yes there is plenty of $$$ available if you're worth it.

Comment

I’m mad because you said soccer is not popular on LI. You are so clever, you win.
                            Not trying to make you mad, just pointing out that no club on LI has a great track record of boys college placement, primarily because boys soccer is not particularly popular on LI.

Comment

I guess if it's just a pipe dream then no, your kid wouldn't care about D1 sports. But for hundreds of kids on LI playing sports, D1 sports and the $$$ that comes with it are a reality. And yes there is plenty of $$$ available if you're worth it.
                              "Plenty of money". Wow, you are completely off base. The information about soccer scholarships are readily out there. If you think plenty of money is on average $9k - $12k (yes this is for top recruits coming out of the northeast), than good for you. Coming up with the remaining money owed to the school each year is on the athlete/family.

Playing D1 ball is a full time job and stepping into that commitment for $9k-$12k (below minimum wage) with your eyes half closed is stupid. If a kid loves the sport wonderful but being owned by the school for pennies on the dollar is something each athlete needs to go into with their eyes wide open and understand that they are at the school to prepare for their careers. Focus should be on being well rounded and educating yourself for when you are done playing.

Comment

"Plenty of money". Wow, you are completely off base. The information about soccer scholarships are readily out there. If you think plenty of money is on average $9k - $12k (yes this is for top recruits coming out of the northeast), than good for you. Coming up with the remaining money owed to the school each year is on the athlete/family.

Playing D1 ball is a full time job and stepping into that commitment for $9k-$12k (below minimum wage) with your eyes half closed is stupid. If a kid loves the sport wonderful but being owned by the school for pennies on the dollar is something each athlete needs to go into with their eyes wide open and understand that they are at the school to prepare for their careers. Focus should be on being well rounded and educating yourself for when you are done playing.
                                Your statements are accurate and exactly why youth sports is a $15 billion business. Sell parents on the "dream". Nightmares are dreams and if you aren't prepared that's what you will be living. People rather spend $10k per year believing they are building a college bound full ride player than use their money much more wisely.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X