Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local product, Matthew Vowinkle, selected in third round of MLS Super Draft

Congratulations to Chaminade & Hofstra graduate Matt Vowinkle on being selected in the third round if the MLS Superdraft by FC Cincinnati.

Go Flyers.
    Go Pride

Well done lad.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Congratulations to Chaminade & Hofstra graduate Matt Vowinkle on being selected in the third round if the MLS Superdraft by FC Cincinnati.

Go Flyers.
      Go Pride
      Who cares. He'll never see the field and make $30k / year

Comment

Go Flyers.
        Go Pride
        Very cool, good for him!!!

Comment

If it was my son, I would be proud.

Comment

$63,500 actually. roughly on par with graduating college students. except they're sitting at a desk while he's living his dream. you must be a blast at parties. and truly happy with your own life.

Comment

$63,500 actually. roughly on par with graduating college students. except they're sitting at a desk while he's living his dream. you must be a blast at parties. and truly happy with your own life.
              i thought base pay for average mls player is around $100k?

Comment

The minimum salary for reserve players in the MLS amounted to 63,457 U.S. dollars in the 2020 season.

Comment

Nice jab. That guy has never been paid a day in his life to do something he loves.

Comment

Nice jab. That guy has never been paid a day in his life to do something he loves.
                    god bless him and best of luck to him. hopefully he is able to put the time in and climbs the ranks and earns more $$$ as the years go by so he can earn a respectable living, buy a home, raise a family ect.

Comment

This kid becoming a pro athlete has just achieved one of the most difficult and elite accomplishments in the entire world. Even if he only sticks it out a couple of years in MLS, never plays in Europe or the national team, he already made it. He would have more credentials than most everyone around to establish or consult a new training academy or join any of the hundreds of other businesses or orgs out there. We all understand the money involved in selling the dream to parents of youth sports training. If he still loves soccer enough after his pro career, the sky’s the limit.

Comment

This kid becoming a pro athlete has just achieved one of the most difficult and elite accomplishments in the entire world. Even if he only sticks it out a couple of years in MLS, never plays in Europe or the national team, he already made it. He would have more credentials than most everyone around to establish or consult a new training academy or join any of the hundreds of other businesses or orgs out there. We all understand the money involved in selling the dream to parents of youth sports training. If he still loves soccer enough after his pro career, the sky’s the limit.
                        Think just a minute about what you are saying. How many players drafted higher than him by MLS in just the last 5 years will wash out and look for jobs? How many players from Europe lost their jobs and are looking for a gig including in the US? My son's travel team is coached by a former player from an English Premiere League club. And he is lucky - a friend was a former Segunda League player in Spain who is doing manual labor. Not nearly as easy as you fantasize.

Comment

Think just a minute about what you are saying. How many players drafted higher than him by MLS in just the last 5 years will wash out and look for jobs? How many players from Europe lost their jobs and are looking for a gig including in the US? My son's travel team is coached by a former player from an English Premiere League club. And he is lucky - a friend was a former Segunda League player in Spain who is doing manual labor. Not nearly as easy as you fantasize.
                          Was this coach from the EPL actually a 1st team player?
                          I have met SO many coaches who tell you they player at Milan, PSG or West Ham only to find out they were 1 of hundreds in the academy and never got a call up or got signed. Cant find them on a roster anywhere.

Hmmmmm???!!!!

Comment

I don’t believe this for a second. Convince me otherwise, what’s the former EPL player’s name?
                            My guess is you’re a lot naive about all of this. I would bet the Segunda player from the second second division, is doing manual labor because of a multitude of reasons, probably related to lack of entrepreneurial mindset, legal status to work in the USA or limited English.

Comment

I don’t believe this for a second. Convince me otherwise, what’s the former EPL player’s name?
                              My guess is you’re a lot naive about all of this. I would bet the Segunda player from the second second division, is doing manual labor because of a multitude of reasons, probably related to lack of entrepreneurial mindset, legal status to work in the USA or limited English.
                              Agreed. The best coaches are great communicators. We had a former d1 player (amazing technical ability) and really knew the game BUT he had god awful social intelligence. He is still amazing to watch play but has not coached a team in the last 10 years. The players couldn’t learn from him.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X