Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not sure *** that has to do with the above post about VA State guidelines for VA tournaments...
    NY teams can go to VA, but they are also supposed to do 10 day quarantines when they come back if they do. I highly doubt that those quarantines will happen.

Comment

Current Guideline

The traveler must, upon arrival in New York, quarantine according to Department of Health guidelines for a minimum of three days, measured from the time of arrival, and on day 4 may seek a diagnostic test to exit quarantine. The traveler may exit quarantine upon receipt of the second negative test result.

These guidelines may change as the event in March approaches. (6 weeks away) Authorities also need to address how these guidelines affect those who have received vaccinations.

I'm sure most families are not worried about quarantine because there are still a lot who have remained virtual or have done a stint already on it. I think the biggest worry is for the parent and how it could conflict with their job.

Comment

If in March VA has rules from outsiders coming in that could be an issue. Right now it's not.

If NY still has rules for coming back in after being away, then you have to follow what those rules are at that time

It's changing all the time so speculating on something two months from now is like years in Covid terms.

Comment

Current Guideline

The traveler must, upon arrival in New York, quarantine according to Department of Health guidelines for a minimum of three days, measured from the time of arrival, and on day 4 may seek a diagnostic test to exit quarantine. The traveler may exit quarantine upon receipt of the second negative test result.

These guidelines may change as the event in March approaches. (6 weeks away) Authorities also need to address how these guidelines affect those who have received vaccinations.

I'm sure most families are not worried about quarantine because there are still a lot who have remained virtual or have done a stint already on it. I think the biggest worry is for the parent and how it could conflict with their job.
          Most kids are going to school, at least part time. Is it really worth messing with their education by having to miss a week or two for a meaningless tournament?

Comment

When Democrats hide under their beds, they should not take their laptops with them. We don't want to hear from you. Just hide till you think it is safe to come out.
            dude, the son of sam dog is back. He has mind controlled all the republican election officials involved with the disputed states. It was a landslide and stolen because of the dog. the do told all those officials the democrats won fair and square.

Dude, stop with the political bull****. you are an idiot.

Comment

Most kids are going to school, at least part time. Is it really worth messing with their education by having to miss a week or two for a meaningless tournament?
              Ding, ding ding!

Comment

That's up to you and every other individual family, but it's not quite the same thing as NY clubs ignoring Covid protocols.

But yes, I also happen to agree that an out of state U14 and under tournament is unnecessary at this time, but I don't have a kid that's U14 and under...

Comment

That's up to you and every other individual family, but it's not quite the same thing as NY clubs ignoring Covid protocols.

But yes, I also happen to agree that an out of state U14 and under tournament is unnecessary at this time, but I don't have a kid that's U14 and under...
                  If you think NY clubs taking teams to these tournaments are going to not practice and skip other games for 10 days after this tournament, I have a bridge to sell you. They shouldn't be putting the players and parents in this position in the first place.

Comment

If you think NY clubs taking teams to these tournaments are going to not practice and skip other games for 10 days after this tournament, I have a bridge to sell you. They shouldn't be putting the players and parents in this position in the first place.
                    I would go but my wife would nag me to no end about the quarantine period. I am surprised they got buy in from the parents.

Comment

or your job? My company read everyone the riot act before the holidays about travel.

Comment

How are they messing with their school year. They will go remote for whatever period needs be until they are cleared. Not sure how it is at your kid’s school but that’s how it is by me.

Comment

How are they messing with their school year. They will go remote for whatever period needs be until they are cleared. Not sure how it is at your kid’s school but that’s how it is by me.
                          Remote education is almost no education. Kids going in person are doing much better.

Comment

Tournament travel still banned for NY clubs continue to ignore

yep, me too.

NYC is also finding out that you don't need office buildings to be productive anymore!

in 20 years, who knows maybe school buildings will be obsolete and everyone learns from home.

we are all becoming mindless slaves...work from home, become programmed.
                            its happening a very little at a time, if you open yourself up you will see.

Comment

Are clubs allowed to train indoors?
                              Domes, gymnasiums etc.?

Comment

Tournament travel still banned for NY clubs continue to ignore

that is a bs opinion....we can take that dumb@ss philosophy further. if thats the case, soccer and probably all sports is unnecessary. I mean really, what good is playing soccer compared to taking that time and studying?

Is there more scholarship money for a kid that plays soccer compared to an academic scholarship?.....NO!

Will you eventually make more $$$$ as a soccer player compared to being a talented professional lawyer. businessman, contractor, doctor, engineer, architect? NO!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X