Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wait, adults really look and comment on the faces of kids on other soccer teams? That's a real thing?
    Only when a parent of that team spend all day drawing attention to and incessantly bragging about that team. At some point, it just can't be helped.

Comment

Only when a parent of that team spend all day drawing attention to and incessantly bragging about that team. At some point, it just can't be helped.
      I'm trying to come up with a valid scenario where children should be mocked by adults. This isn't, BTW.

Comment

Just looked at their rosters on gotsoccer. They don’t look happy.
        You’re a fool have you ever looked at the pros? No one is smiling this is serious business. You must be threatened by a small township team to make such silly comments.

Comment

As far as GA Northeast and Mid Atlantic divisions they are on par with USYS EDP Div 1. Clubs like Real NJ, Phila Coppa etc would wipe the floor with some GA clubs like SJEB, CSA etc. That’s why these GA teams are typically exposed when playing EDP teams in tournaments. The perception of money grab is more than just perception it’s reality folks.
          Philly coppa play ****ty soccer and players don’t play high level soccer from that club. Prove me wrong. They can compete all they want with GA or ECNL teams; maybe even win, but the style they play it won’t translate at next level sorry to bust your bubble.

Comment

If tryouts are fully on this year like in years past lookout GA. Some folks just held on due to the pandemic.
            Top teams like PDA north rarely roster girls from "offical" tryouts....most if not all are done by player ID sessions long before.....

Comment

Philly coppa play ****ty soccer and players don’t play high level soccer from that club. Prove me wrong. They can compete all they want with GA or ECNL teams; maybe even win, but the style they play it won’t translate at next level sorry to bust your bubble.
              They actually play similar to what you typically see in HS and College, physical, direct etc. I agree not a lot of possession and technical but then again like I mentioned you rarely see that in College soccer. Take for example a Rutgers they do not play pretty style, last time I checked they are the “next level”.

Comment

Lets take a deep breath. Top kids go to ECNL? At what age? The ECNL advantage is exposure. Would be interesting to have Clubs play locally and then have OPEN showcases in different parts of the country. You sign up for an event, guaranteed x number of pick up games with coaches present. Small sided, full sided, drills etc.

A system like that would achieve a better balance between individual and team development. A Club Teams only function at a showcase is to put as many players in position to show what they can do. If you lose the game doing that, so what? The aim is to get better and recruited to a school that suits you academically and athletically. No one outside the players circle cares who won the ECNL championship in 2015 and I doubt the players had a differnt recruiting outcome because of it.
                So you dont think the top kids go to ECNL? Then where do the top kids go then? Yes I agree ECNL best advantage is exposure and maybe not 100% of the top kids go to an ECNL club but most do.

Comment

I'm trying to come up with a valid scenario where children should be mocked by adults. This isn't, BTW.
                  Who is mocking the children? I saw it as mocking the club where they don't prioritize children having fun.

Comment

So you dont think the top kids go to ECNL? Then where do the top kids go then? Yes I agree ECNL best advantage is exposure and maybe not 100% of the top kids go to an ECNL club but most do.
                    Agree, the vast majority of the best players who want to play competitive soccer both in training and in games are drawn to ECNL because it’s the best “vehicle” to meet their objective which is to play soccer in college. ECNL was originally set up to put the best run/most successful clubs in one league in all four regions and play regular season matches within your region and then play inter-regionally for showcases and playoffs. Judging by the attendance of college coaches from all four regions (D1-D3) it is a huge success proven how they were able to crush GDA. That being said that is what drew my D to play ECNL. The club is well run and they have their problems like any other club but the glue that holds it together is the league. My kid was very vigilant contacting coaches when she played in a different league but once she showed well at ID Clinics/camps she attended she knew she had to move to ECNL to prove herself in an ECNL Competitive environment at an ECNL showcase. That was the difference of ECNL exposure that these other leagues do not have. The best example is look at FC Virginia/TopHat both top flight successful clubs with successful programs with well respected trainers/coaches. Nothing has changed in that regard except they re not playing ECNL. As a result the vast majority of there top players left to play ECNL. It had everything to do with the league, not the club.

Comment

Who is mocking the children? I saw it as mocking the club where they don't prioritize children having fun.
                      The club is a very serious club, one of the best player producing outfits in the Northeast. Some people just can’t deal with it.

Comment

The club is a very serious club, one of the best player producing outfits in the Northeast. Some people just can’t deal with it.
                        I'm sure it is. Just funny that they obviously told the kids to look serious in their photos. I wonder if they cut the girl who decided to smile anyways.

Comment

Agree, the vast majority of the best players who want to play competitive soccer both in training and in games are drawn to ECNL because it’s the best “vehicle” to meet their objective which is to play soccer in college. ECNL was originally set up to put the best run/most successful clubs in one league in all four regions and play regular season matches within your region and then play inter-regionally for showcases and playoffs. Judging by the attendance of college coaches from all four regions (D1-D3) it is a huge success proven how they were able to crush GDA. That being said that is what drew my D to play ECNL. The club is well run and they have their problems like any other club but the glue that holds it together is the league. My kid was very vigilant contacting coaches when she played in a different league but once she showed well at ID Clinics/camps she attended she knew she had to move to ECNL to prove herself in an ECNL Competitive environment at an ECNL showcase. That was the difference of ECNL exposure that these other leagues do not have. The best example is look at FC Virginia/TopHat both top flight successful clubs with successful programs with well respected trainers/coaches. Nothing has changed in that regard except they re not playing ECNL. As a result the vast majority of there top players left to play ECNL. It had everything to do with the league, not the club.
                          Think about this if FCV and TopHat are losing their top players to ECNL, what does that say for the rest of GA??? These clubs (FCV and TopHat) are crushing the lesser GA clubs (Baltimore Armor, Delaware, CSA etc) by wide margins already even with losing their top players. If what you’re saying is true then only a matter of time before GA implodes. You can’t sustain an “elite” league without top players and consistently competitive matches.

Comment

Think about this if FCV and TopHat are losing their top players to ECNL, what does that say for the rest of GA??? These clubs (FCV and TopHat) are crushing the lesser GA clubs (Baltimore Armor, Delaware, CSA etc) by wide margins already even with losing their top players. If what you’re saying is true then only a matter of time before GA implodes. You can’t sustain an “elite” league without top players and consistently competitive matches.
                            we are all good on this GA team! LOL

Comment

I couldn't agree with this more. The GA fanboys are the ones that don't have an option for their kids because their kids arent top players.. Sounds mean but its true. We left a GA club in the spring because we were not willing to wait and see what happens. I am happy my kid was good enough to make an ECNL team and I know a bunch of her friends who stayed GA are now trying to come over. I hope GA does well. I really do, but GA is where all the other kids go that arent top players

Comment

I don't think the full extent of the talent drain from GA -> ECNL will be known until after tryouts. Between covid and the DA folding, I think a lot of people were scared to make a move last year. This year will be different.

I don't think you can call the GA a failure at this point, but kids leaving to ECNL clubs will have an effect. On the other hand, there are only so many ECNL slots available. I think it will be interesting to see where everything shakes out in the fall.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X