Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you live in dade the drive to IM makes any academic goals impossible. Are you willing to sacrifice your kids future as a student for a small chance to play MLS at low salaries ? This is the biggest problem with IM. It doesn’t work for Miami kids unless they forego school.
    That’s the dumbest thing I ever heard. This is my son’s second year at IM and he has straight A’s. Nothing impossible about it.[/QUOTE]

Well you should be proud because most of the kids there are moving to virtual because they are failing. It is nice to hear there are some exceptions so tell him to keep it up! Hopefully he won’t be forced to leave public school to do virtual which I heard will be a requirement in the future?

Plus since you talk about it must also mean an education is important to you unlike most of the parents there who don’t care and will do whatever so their kid goes pro!

Comment

If you live in dade the drive to IM makes any academic goals impossible. Are you willing to sacrifice your kids future as a student for a small chance to play MLS at low salaries ? This is the biggest problem with IM. It doesn’t work for Miami kids unless they forego school.
      That’s the dumbest thing I ever heard. This is my son’s second year at IM and he has straight A’s. Nothing impossible about it.[/QUOTE]

Not talking about u12s and u13s. School is pretty Mickey Mouse at those ages. High school kids. You can’t handle a rigorous HS work load with the drive up from Miami. All these kids are virtual. That’s says it all. Colleges want to see AP courses.

Comment

That’s the dumbest thing I ever heard. This is my son’s second year at IM and he has straight A’s. Nothing impossible about it.
        Not talking about u12s and u13s. School is pretty Mickey Mouse at those ages. High school kids. You can’t handle a rigorous HS work load with the drive up from Miami. All these kids are virtual. That’s says it all. Colleges want to see AP courses.[/QUOTE]

There are a few very few that still go to public school U15 and up. Those kids still go to public school because the parent has a college degree and knows how important it it. But you can’t mention COLLEGE at IM it is a dirty word and will let you go if that is your focus so you have to hide it. You forget these kids are here to be pros not scholars!

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2938005][QUOTE=Unregistered;2936499]

Before IM came ,Weston was the best DA in the south, so one would understand why IM would pick those weston boys.
          I do agree that many of those boys had a physical advantage then, now most are bench players, just about 3 players are starting out of those super stars JC had then,
          Why hasn't IM able to improve those players? They got picked for good, most likely they will be gone next season for poor performance.
          Is it IM miami poor coaching?
          Let this be an example and a message for those younger players and parents pretending they have the next messi.
          These players currently at IM U17 were studs when younger now the ride the bench.
          U15 -u17 is when it really matters!
          Give credit to those playing 1 yr up!

Comment

That is a mid-statement! There are kids out there that are better then what they have but nobody comes to look at them. Even the US accounts don’t look for them! This is where Us soccer is lagging because they feel the best players are in MLS. Some are but most are playing ECNL! Just see college and a life beyond soccer.

These kids see nothing else but false promises from IM. They will be washing cars as a future when they are done after a year.
            If there are better players, and Inter has not found them, isn’t it the DOC responsibility to recommend them to their local MLS to enable good opportunities for those better players?[/QUOTE]

My son played D1 basketball and its the same across Yoith sports. Parents always think their kids are the best and if they arent starting on the team, making the top team, it was always some conspiracy theory involved. My son is now playing for an MLS academy and this entire chat is basically the same thing.

Comment

If there are better players, and Inter has not found them, isn’t it the DOC responsibility to recommend them to their local MLS to enable good opportunities for those better players?
              My son played D1 basketball and its the same across Yoith sports. Parents always think their kids are the best and if they arent starting on the team, making the top team, it was always some conspiracy theory involved. My son is now playing for an MLS academy and this entire chat is basically the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Correction. My YOUNGER son is now playing for a MLS academy.... I know how TS gets...

Comment

Wonder why so quiet at OC U17, possibly from again another loss vs MLS team.?

Comment

Wonder why so quiet at OC U17, possibly from again another loss vs MLS team.?
                  Score updates from OC vs Atlanta?

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                    score updates from oc vs atlanta?
                    u15: Au 5- ocsc 1
                    u16: Au 3- ocys 2
                    u17: Au 3-ocsc 2
                    u19: Au 3- ocys 1

Comment

U15's were outplayed from the start to finish. Not much else to say about this game.
                      The U16's were doing well and giving AU all they could handle until they put in their subs. Three poorly placed players on the field cost OC the game, the outside back/midfielders on both sides were awful and looked overwhelm when brought in, the small center mid was also overwhelmed and the game was too big for him when he came in. I know he scored and it is easy to forget that he cost them the game also. He just can't play on the defensive side at all and too small to play against big bodies. He also missed two sitters in the 18 and six.
                      U17's was a good game but two critical mistakes by the defense(one could be attributed to the outside mid I guess) and GK cost them the match. AU took advantage of those mistakes. Poor sub rotation again by OC late in the game when they needed a goal and it cost them. The small ecuadorian was put in and again outmatched and outclassed on the field. He's just too small to play and too slow on his decision making, you would think at U17 he would be able to make a pass by now. He also missed a sitter in the 18 on the last play of the game and was not even on target.
                      U19's was such a tight and close game but OC had a let down for about 5-7 minutes and AU scored all three goals in that period, it was insane to watch. OC can't keep a player onside up top, the striker was pretty much offside every play. OC also had some selfish moments by players, trying to dribble themselves instead of making the simple pass. From my perspective they also look like they don't train together or practice enough, strange to say but they didn't look like a team.

Comment

U15's were outplayed from the start to finish. Not much else to say about this game.
                        The U16's were doing well and giving AU all they could handle until they put in their subs. Three poorly placed players on the field cost OC the game, the outside back/midfielders on both sides were awful and looked overwhelm when brought in, the small center mid was also overwhelmed and the game was too big for him when he came in. I know he scored and it is easy to forget that he cost them the game also. He just can't play on the defensive side at all and too small to play against big bodies. He also missed two sitters in the 18 and six.
                        U17's was a good game but two critical mistakes by the defense(one could be attributed to the outside mid I guess) and GK cost them the match. AU took advantage of those mistakes. Poor sub rotation again by OC late in the game when they needed a goal and it cost them. The small ecuadorian was put in and again outmatched and outclassed on the field. He's just too small to play and too slow on his decision making, you would think at U17 he would be able to make a pass by now. He also missed a sitter in the 18 on the last play of the game and was not even on target.
                        U19's was such a tight and close game but OC had a let down for about 5-7 minutes and AU scored all three goals in that period, it was insane to watch. OC can't keep a player onside up top, the striker was pretty much offside every play. OC also had some selfish moments by players, trying to dribble themselves instead of making the simple pass. From my perspective they also look like they don't train together or practice enough, strange to say but they didn't look like a team.
                        This has always been OC’s MO. Their teams do ok to start but as the season progresses their players and teams do not progress (develop) while others do.

Comment

Whoever you are you need to take the goggles off and face the harsh reality that your team stinks. The u15 team has finally been exposed for the over hyped team they are.
                          You are completely wrong about u16. They were losing 2-0 before the coach decided to put in their starting center mid for an undersized and outmatched player who was being embarrassed trying to play that spot. All the parents and coaches know that the best player was being punished for personal reasons. When he came in the game changed and had an assist and goal in less than 30 minutes. Game was 2-2 with 5 minutes left and they got a free kick because the defense was tired and slow. You are a hater plain and simple. OC center back had to be subbed because of a head injury but the forwards missed so many open opportunities in the first half.
                          The u17 has a really good goalie that kept the game much closer than it was. The rest are Weston kids not good enough to make IM, a few decent defensive midfielders, and other kids only playing because of promises made by the staff. News flash, they all stink and if they played MLS teams weekly instead of Rush this result would happen over and over again.

Comment

Whoever you are you need to take the goggles off and face the harsh reality that your team stinks. The u15 team has finally been exposed for the over hyped team they are.
                            You are completely wrong about u16. They were losing 2-0 before the coach decided to put in their starting center mid for an undersized and outmatched player who was being embarrassed trying to play that spot. All the parents and coaches know that the best player was being punished for personal reasons. When he came in the game changed and had an assist and goal in less than 30 minutes. Game was 2-2 with 5 minutes left and they got a free kick because the defense was tired and slow. You are a hater plain and simple. OC center back had to be subbed because of a head injury but the forwards missed so many open opportunities in the first half.
                            The u17 has a really good goalie that kept the game much closer than it was. The rest are Weston kids not good enough to make IM, a few decent defensive midfielders, and other kids only playing because of promises made by the staff. News flash, they all stink and if they played MLS teams weekly instead of Rush this result would happen over and over again.
                            U15 were outclassed, outplayed, period.
                            U17 were winning until two costly mistakes in a form of a pk and turnover. OC had a penalty in the end no call.
                            Couldn’t see the other games as I was paying attention to these two games. How people can watch 4 games at the same time and be so specific, it blows my mind.

Comment

I agree with most your observations except for the small center midfielder on the U16 side. He is too small, too slow and not very good on winning match ups. Especially against bigger players. He also dribbles into coverage/defenders. It might be best to keep him as that role player that comes in late in the game and try to give a spark to the team but overall he did not change the complexation of the game , he did score, so I will give him that. He didn't get the assist though. The starting center mids are a much better pairing and the best part of the team along with your outside players, they all tore the AU mid up, they gave the strikers so many opportunities in the first half but OC does not have any true strikers. The tall skinny white player is the best they have and he works hard but just couldn't finish yesterday. The black player up top is awful and shouldn't see the field ever, there is a reason he was let go from the true OCSC academy.

Comment

U15 were outclassed, outplayed, period.
                                U17 were winning until two costly mistakes in a form of a pk and turnover. OC had a penalty in the end no call.
                                Couldn’t see the other games as I was paying attention to these two games. How people can watch 4 games at the same time and be so specific, it blows my mind.
                                I did hear the screams for something in that U17 game but I missed the play, I thought the U17's outplayed the AU team, just a couple of breakdowns. I also don't think I would blame the GK for any of those goals, be real people. The breakdown was the mid and defense.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X