Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Playing in RL league is bottom of the barrel.
    Where should our daughters play? What club? What league? Where can they become great players?

Comment

Where should our daughters play? What club? What league? Where can they become great players?
      The GA. Top platform for girls in the USA.

Comment

Playing in RL league is bottom of the barrel.
        No, LM isn't even in a league for super special players that has the q
        Word ELITE in it.

Comment

FC Bucks 2006 ECNL

Obviously we lucked out today to escape with a 1-1 tie - PF must have been missing players...
          Spring sports starting tryouts....how many practices will BB's daughter miss especially since lacrosse is using the turf at North for tryouts

Comment

Pretty funny and ironic that as of right now, the FC Bucks 2006 ECNL team only qualifies for the ECNL Open Cup - which is the ECNL event that is open to both the bottom of the barrel ECNL teams and top RL teams - meaning there is a good chance that this teams post season ECNL play will be against RL teams (teams which parents have labeled as as beginner), so what will this mean when the FC Bucks 2006 ECNL team loses to RL teams in the Open Cup?

Comment

Pretty funny and ironic that as of right now, the FC Bucks 2006 ECNL team only qualifies for the ECNL Open Cup - which is the ECNL event that is open to both the bottom of the barrel ECNL teams and top RL teams - meaning there is a good chance that this teams post season ECNL play will be against RL teams (teams which parents have labeled as as beginner), so what will this mean when the FC Bucks 2006 ECNL team loses to RL teams in the Open Cup?
              To qualify for the ECNL national event is a good thing. Getting to the final national event, any of the levels, is a bonus recruiting event, and something that should happen for all the teams at FC Bucks. College coaches don't care what flight you are playing in, they just want to see you play, and will be there to see the games. Your team is done for the season and won't be playing in the event. It must be so hard being on the outside looking in.

Comment

To qualify for the ECNL national event is a good thing. Getting to the final national event, any of the levels, is a bonus recruiting event, and something that should happen for all the teams at FC Bucks. College coaches don't care what flight you are playing in, they just want to see you play, and will be there to see the games. Your team is done for the season and won't be playing in the event. It must be so hard being on the outside looking in.
                Do you know how ECNL post season works? Literally every team qualifies. The Open Cup is the lowest finishing ECNL teams and will now be the highest finishing RL teams playing in the same flights. What the previous poster was pointing out is that you 2006 Bucks ECNL parents will have a rude awakening when your team is playing RL teams from quality ECNL clubs. If you think your kid’s Bucks team is going to beat up on RL teams from clubs like Sporting, Beach, Solar, etc., you may want to manage your expectations.

And before you claim that I am an angry RL parent, my kid plays ECNL.

Comment

Do you know how ECNL post season works? Literally every team qualifies. The Open Cup is the lowest finishing ECNL teams and will now be the highest finishing RL teams playing in the same flights. What the previous poster was pointing out is that you 2006 Bucks ECNL parents will have a rude awakening when your team is playing RL teams from quality ECNL clubs. If you think your kid’s Bucks team is going to beat up on RL teams from clubs like Sporting, Beach, Solar, etc., you may want to manage your expectations.

Sure there are levels of championship play but it is a good experience. My oldest started at bottom one; finished top 4; team improved next year to next level championship; finished top 4 and then to championship; finished top 10. Then GDA finished top 10. You have to get the experience starting somewhere.

Comment

Yep - the super ELITE, FC Bucks 2006 ECNL team playing RL teams in the post season, the same RL teams which people on here claim to be beginner just learning how to play soccer teams.

The reality is, the 2006 FC Bucks ECNL team qualifies for the Open Cup right now - when it is all said and done, my guess is they won't even qualify for the Open Cup -meaning they won't even qualify to play top RL teams. But if they do qualify, it certainly will be entertaining to watch them lose to top RL teams

Comment

Sure there are levels of championship play but it is a good experience. My oldest started at bottom one; finished top 4; team improved next year to next level championship; finished top 4 and then to championship; finished top 10. Then GDA finished top 10. You have to get the experience starting somewhere.
                      I don’t disagree. My point is that the Bucks parents on this thread are constantly insulting RL, yet they will likely be watching their kids play against those teams at showcases. Will be interesting to see the posts after they lose to one or more of those teams.

Comment

I don’t disagree. My point is that the Bucks parents on this thread are constantly insulting RL, yet they will likely be watching their kids play against those teams at showcases. Will be interesting to see the posts after they lose to one or more of those teams.
                        I still would pick ICSL over RL. Most would. RL is not where you want to be playing

Comment

I still would pick ICSL over RL. Most would. RL is not where you want to be playing
                          Yet the ECNL believes that lower ranked ECNL teams like 2006 FC Bucks ECNL are on par with RL teams and should be playing them in the Open Cup.

Comment

And to the OP's original point is probably the place the ECNL team will be playing in the national showcase .... disagree with a previous posted who stated that it doesnt matter which bracket you are playing in. It does. Surely you will get some coaches at your games if you invite them, but your kid better be a unicorn out there to get an offer in one of those games. They will be at the championship bracket in droves, often unsolicited looking for good players on strong teams that are still unsigned. Especially for teams that have fared well into the last two days (those are the teams doing best against the best competition .... those kids are battle tested).

Comment

I did not take the post to say doesn't matter. I thought it was saying get some experience and continue to improve. And check out other teams.

Comment

Yet the ECNL believes that lower ranked ECNL teams like 2006 FC Bucks ECNL are on par with RL teams and should be playing them in the Open Cup.
                                You mistake me for caring about this team as much as you do. I don't care what this particular team does or doesn't do. My point is RL is one of the worst leagues and ANY other league is better. RL is a money grab. You are a sucker for falling for it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X