Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Club Option?

We just moved from out of state to Raleigh. I am looking for a club team for my son and daughter. We're coming from a huge club that has thousands of players, and I hated their "tier" system of teams. Seems to be the same here with NCFC being the only competitive club. Are there any other club options available?

Nope..There is really nothing else other then Wake FC. You may want to try them, but I would avoid NCFC and Triangle United at all costs..

Comment

NCFC is all about the bottom line. Up to 10 competitive teams for one age group. Now they are dropping their pro team to 3rd division because they don’t want to pay their players. That’s the leadership showing money > their players.

Comment

On the boys side NCFC is ok, but on the girls side they are the worst. They are arrogant and cutthroat and its not like they have achieved all that much. On the girls side go to Wake FC. They are on the way up and the DOC on the girls side is very good. The rest of the coaches are hit or miss, but it is a lot better enviornment then NCFC.

Comment

Last year at NCFC, our team would have a quarter of a half to practice. They would schedule 8 teams for one field. I don’t know if Wake FC is the same or not.

Comment

Carolina Velocity is a small club option.

Comment

I brought my 9 year old son to NCFC for a tryout. I told them that he was just starting to play soccer and was on the lower tier of travel. I brought him to a tryout where he was humiliated by the coach and made fun of. I now cant get him out to play soccer anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                We just moved from out of state to Raleigh. I am looking for a club team for my son and daughter. We're coming from a huge club that has thousands of players, and I hated their "tier" system of teams. Seems to be the same here with NCFC being the only competitive club. Are there any other club options available?
                We left NCFC for the same reasons and joined Trinity Soccer Academy.

Comment

Big power move by Wake FC to join MLS Next league. This looks to be the most prestigious youth league now that the developmental academy is not around.

Comment

I'm a little late to the discussion, but I'll second Carolina Velocity as a terrific option. We're in our second year with them now, and I'm really impressed with the coaches. FYI I only have firsthand experience for my son with their U8/U9 teams.

Comment

Prepare for the unimaginable. See the 100 Principles manual and dig in. Become irreplaceable at https://lnkd.in/enfDJ43

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X