Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MFA Mercer

MFA does not develop players, they recruit already developed players and push out the kids they promised to develop. They used to be a top club in NJ but they no
    Longer can compete and are just stealing money.

Oh no!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      MFA does not develop players, they recruit already developed players and push out the kids they promised to develop. They used to be a top club in NJ but they no
      Longer can compete and are just stealing money.
      Oh you mean, MFA is special with this tactic? Sounds like every other club to me.. most players develop somewhere, outgrow the team/club, then move to a different club with better credentials or better teams in their age group.. thats called US youth soccer. As a club, you wouldn't try at any age group to get the best players to join your program? Would you only focus on the kids that came to you at a young age? Your statement doesn't make sense at all.

Comment

Oh you mean, MFA is special with this tactic? Sounds like every other club to me.. most players develop somewhere, outgrow the team/club, then move to a different club with better credentials or better teams in their age group.. thats called US youth soccer. As a club, you wouldn't try at any age group to get the best players to join your program? Would you only focus on the kids that came to you at a young age? Your statement doesn't make sense at all.
        Having been there I can tell what OP means is that once they have you there they tend to focus more on getting outside players to join thus adding more $$ to their system....

At U14 at one point had 27 players on roaster with 1 coach and no assistant and training 2x a week on a 1/3 or 1/4 of a field there is no way even a very good coach can develop all of them...so they normally concentrate on what they deem the top 5-6-7 players that get the playing time etc....even playing down some from ECNL to ECRL team and at younger ages at the time to EDP games....so many players are not even rostered for games on their own team.....

When I signed up DB told me at the high school ages everyone wants to come to ECNL so they get all the players....In hindsight I guess that was my fair warning...

Comment

Look at PDA... they have outrageous rosters, too. They even do that at young ages just to make $$ and then play only the best kids in the games while the others are benchwarmers.. PDA parent here.. Where is the development for those kids who never get exposure to competition and game playing?

Comment

Not special, just informing what parents need to look out for...exposing what goes on in some of or most clubs.

Comment

We are the shore!

Comment

Why is the subject "MFA Mercer" but it seems mostly talking about MFA North?

Comment

Look at PDA... they have outrageous rosters, too. They even do that at young ages just to make $$ and then play only the best kids in the games while the others are benchwarmers.. PDA parent here.. Where is the development for those kids who never get exposure to competition and game playing?
                  What age?

Comment

We are the shore!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X