Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    2? So if an 07 team has 5 trapped players, they have to rotate playing 08 games or if the club only plays the same 2, then the other 3 just train? Yikes!
    Isn't training all fall and playing some games better than nothing?

Comment

Yes you are. Make some calls to clubs in your area to see if their league allows playing down or if they do anything for trapped players. But if you're otherwise happy with your club now don't move just because of this one issue. It's temporary. Posters have offered up ideas. Many players have to deal with this each fall.
      Just be prepared to deal with the issue when your kid is U18. Big challenges for trapped players at a critical recruiting age.

Comment

Better than nothing, but this is a completely unnecessary problem that USSF could easily fix by moving back to 8/1 carding.

Comment

Yes you are. Make some calls to clubs in your area to see if their league allows playing down or if they do anything for trapped players. But if you're otherwise happy with your club now don't move just because of this one issue. It's temporary. Posters have offered up ideas. Many players have to deal with this each fall.
          Why should certain players have to deal with anything? Life isn’t fair but if all leagues did what ecnl did this would go away. Simple. Kids want to play.

Comment

Why the hell should my kid get better then nothing? If it wasn’t my kid I wouldn’t say suck it up buddy better then nothing. If it’s so good why not make that the rule for everyone? Typical idiot saying better then nothing because it doesn’t effect his kid. Real nice.

Comment

Just be prepared to deal with the issue when your kid is U18. Big challenges for trapped players at a critical recruiting age.
              Not always (it takes a but more hustle but kids do get recruited) plus many kids won't ever be recruited or want to be. This op is in EDP so already that's a signal his player may not be college bound.

Comment

Why the hell should my kid get better then nothing? If it wasn’t my kid I wouldn’t say suck it up buddy better then nothing. If it’s so good why not make that the rule for everyone? Typical idiot saying better then nothing because it doesn’t effect his kid. Real nice.
                All of you are acting like any one club has control over the situation. They don't. USSF set this stupid change to begin with and its the leagues that decide whether or not to make accommodations. At best a club can offer training for trapped players, either separately or with the younger teams, but game regs are set by the league.

If my kid's options were nothing or maybe only some pricey private training, vs team training 2-3 times a week and some games? Yes I'd take the latter.

The other option in GAL or MLS. They're all year.

Comment

Not always (it takes a but more hustle but kids do get recruited) plus many kids won't ever be recruited or want to be. This op is in EDP so already that's a signal his player may not be college bound.
                  Yeah so I have kids that play multiple leagues and one of the “better” leagues. The son I am referring to play multiple sports so and Edp premier league teams suits him fine. I have zero hope or illusions that any of my kids will play past high school when they get there, if that. That’s not my concern is to give everyone the same chance to play like the rest of his friends. I don’t see how you blame a 7th grader for this.

Comment

I said "big challenges" not "can't get recruited". The point is that these added challenges for trapped players who want to go on to play in college are COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY. USSF could make these challenges disappear with no downside other than a 1-time reshuffling of teams by moving back to 8/1 carding.

Comment

I said "big challenges" not "can't get recruited". The point is that these added challenges for trapped players who want to go on to play in college are COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY. USSF could make these challenges disappear with no downside other than a 1-time reshuffling of teams by moving back to 8/1 carding.
                      Totally agree it's dumb A.F. - it harms far more players than it supposedly benefits. Keep it for GAL and MLS if they feel the need but all the other leagues that don't have players shooting for the pros or NT should go back to grade based teams. In the meanwhile trapped players have to make the best of a bad situation

Comment

It's not just 8th graders that get hurt. Some kids are late to puberty and they are much smaller than the kids they go against in 6th and 7th grades. There should be some leeway with kids later in the birth year 2-3 months, I think academies call it bio banding. There is no reason to change the age cutoff again that set a number of age groups back quite a bit. We don't need more of that chaos.

Comment

It's not just 8th graders that get hurt. Some kids are late to puberty and they are much smaller than the kids they go against in 6th and 7th grades. There should be some leeway with kids later in the birth year 2-3 months, I think academies call it bio banding. There is no reason to change the age cutoff again that set a number of age groups back quite a bit. We don't need more of that chaos.
                          They can just as readily do bio banding with a school year cutoff. The dumb thing was USSF insisted everyone make this change, but in the meanwhile they allowed small/younger boys in BDA to play down. "Do as I say, not as a I do" which they kept very quiet about naturally. The calendar rule creates issues for thousands of players each year and benefits virtually no one. Changing back is a temporary blip nor will it leave kids without teams to play on in the process. Soccer participation has taken a hit during the last few years (not just because of this but it doesn't help). Pull the bandaid off quickly and fix it

Comment

I wonder if the USSF could take charge in this matter and offer guidance to leagues so they could all universally implement something similar to what ECNL does. Seems to be a decent compromise that leaves the kids without teams in the fall if nothing else.
                            Is this something that can be discussed at any level of the hierarchy? Other then calling and not getting much traction how or when would one proceed in this matter.

Comment

I wonder if the USSF could take charge in this matter and offer guidance to leagues so they could all universally implement something similar to what ECNL does. Seems to be a decent compromise that leaves the kids without teams in the fall if nothing else.
                              Is this something that can be discussed at any level of the hierarchy? Other then calling and not getting much traction how or when would one proceed in this matter.
                              There is nothing stopping them from taking charge. But why compromise and stop at offering guidance? Why not just move carding back to 8/1? Now with the DA gone, there is absolutely ZERO reason for birth-year carding.

Comment

We are the shore!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X