Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    you speak to parents. they give you the real deal over a few drinks.
    So you've had drinks with every parent of a graduating MFA player over the last 5 years? That's a lot of drinks!

Also, the parents' "college of choice" might be different from the kid's "college of choice". Which one are you talking about?

Comment

What a loser. Clearly with a personal grudge. Club results speak for themselves and they are impressive with where the kids go to college. Also, shows you know little about recruiting on the girls side. Sorry your kid could not cut it.
      You should really scrutinize your posts for sanity check over a cool aid factor. Its easier to get into most of the colleges (as listed below) by spending $1000 on a tutoring service vs spending $50,000 on soccer.

Here is the link to the 2020 class:
      http://www.matchfitacademy.net/girls-alumni

Desirable school factors
      (a) competitive acceptance criteria and high quality of education
      (b) scholarships from soccer
      (c) competitive soccer environment

I can be wrong. My evidence is anecdotal from talking to MF parents.

Comment

You should really scrutinize your posts for sanity check over a cool aid factor. Its easier to get into most of the colleges (as listed below) by spending $1000 on a tutoring service vs spending $50,000 on soccer.

Desirable school factors

I am very disappointed in the 2020 class, those schools can be acquired from any program!

Comment

Desirable school factors

I think for most kids, how they choose a college consists of a lot more factors than those three. Size of school, available majors, location, etc.

Comment

2020 class looks light, but I think I still counted 13 D1 schools?

Comment

Such a pathetic little person. Anyone can look this up.
              I’m done looking and you are dead wrong. The girls program is not even close to a top 3rd program in the ECNL. PDA? Maybe. Look at the entire league, the performance at every age group and get back to me after you’re educated.

Comment

I’m done looking and you are dead wrong. The girls program is not even close to a top 3rd program in the ECNL. PDA? Maybe. Look at the entire league, the performance at every age group and get back to me after you’re educated.
                You look at an entire league. Why would anyone bother with that. People can only chooses form the options within striking distance. If you want to factor in youth soccer in colorado , be my guest but the what the heck for?

You might as well look at the options in europe and decide everything here is crap.

Comment

I am very disappointed in the 2020 class, those schools can be acquired from any program!
                  Don't put too much stock into one specific class. Some years are weaker or stronger than others. Look at trends over time. Also look to see how may are actually playing in college. It's one thing to make a recruited list but not all actually wind up on the final college rosters and playing meaningful minutes. A good club helps direct players to good fit programs, even if they're not always "top" whatever. It's up to families of graduated players to decide if they're satisfied or not, not you.

not with the club, just general experience

Comment

One thing that's missing from this list of alumni is the number of years those kids have been with the club. I dont know if its true or not, but parents tell me its the kids that joined the team in the last 2 years ended up going to better schools. The kids that have been with the club the longest, decided not to pursue college ball.

Comment

One thing that's missing from this list of alumni is the number of years those kids have been with the club. I dont know if its true or not, but parents tell me its the kids that joined the team in the last 2 years ended up going to better schools. The kids that have been with the club the longest, decided not to pursue college ball.
                      Why does that matter of how many years they were at a club. Some choose to go play ECNL because they want to play in college. Some players get committed and want to go play ECNL to play in a more competitive environment. There are any amount of reasons but to some parents it matters. It really doesn’t. Why is it that you do not hear or know about players who do the opposite and go from ECNL to GA for those very same reasons.

Comment

Why does that matter of how many years they were at a club. Some choose to go play ECNL because they want to play in college. Some players get committed and want to go play ECNL to play in a more competitive environment. There are any amount of reasons but to some parents it matters. It really doesn’t. Why is it that you do not hear or know about players who do the opposite and go from ECNL to GA for those very same reasons.
                        The longer you play at match fit, the less likely you are to commit to a decent college.

The main exception to that was when match fit “recruited” an entire team and jettisoned existing players.

If you look at TDS for the current class, STA is the second club in NJ (and match fit may be far in the bottom third) when it comes to commits. No one really cares that 1/2 the STA team came from NYCFC, right?

Comment

I counted 10.

Comment

Would be 14 D1 schools if Matchfit could spell properly. Wankers

Louiseville

Comment

We are the shore!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X