• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tryouts

March or May?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    March or May?
    If you want to tryout at Bucks - better find out who’s living room the meeting is in to pick the team... they don’t have real tryouts just back room deals.

Comment

If you want to tryout at Bucks - better find out who’s living room the meeting is in to pick the team... they don’t have real tryouts just back room deals.
      That’s every club unfortunately

Comment

2006 ECNL at bucks usually takes place in Joey baloney’s living room - guaranteed a spot if you go to Pennridge, and help the car pool.

Comment

Actually, it’s not the case at the real ECNL clubs.

Comment

Actually, it’s not the case at the real ECNL clubs.
            Yes it is the case. And not only soccer. Most sports.

Comment

Yes it is the case. And not only soccer. Most sports.
              Not at my kid’s ECNL club. Tons of internal and external competition for spots every year. Parents have zero say as to who makes a team. No one gets or keeps their spot because their friends are in the team. I guess that’s why the current u18/19 team is 95% committed to D1 or Ivy League schools (one player chose top academic D3).

Comment

Tryouts

Nope - not the case at most clubs or most sports - there a some times mid year additions but not the WHOLE team involved in a BRD

Comment

March or May?
                  I had the same question. I think it’s May for Bucks, but what about Delco and PF?

Comment

I had the same question. I think it’s May for Bucks, but what about Delco and PF?
                    pennfusion.org/tryouts

Comment

Last year EPA created the tryout initiative where clubs agreed not to hold tryouts or ID clinics prior to May 1st. https://www.epysa.org/tryout-initiative-clubs-agreeing/

Looks like PF bailed on that agreement. I don't see Bucks on the list. Delco doesn't have any ID clinics scheduled.

Comment

Big shock

Can't develop their own players and just try to take kids from elsewhere.

Comment

Last year EPA created the tryout initiative where clubs agreed not to hold tryouts or ID clinics prior to May 1st. https://www.epysa.org/tryout-initiative-clubs-agreeing/

Looks like PF bailed on that agreement. I don't see Bucks on the list. Delco doesn't have any ID clinics scheduled.
                          Bucks has already had “ID clinics”. Or mid year tryouts as some teams needed kids now. Tryout emails has already been sent out to the club members and you can register on their site. They still haven’t given the date for the living room meetings where they actually pick the teams - you have to be one of their buddies for that info.

Regardless looks like they aren’t abiding by the tryout initiative they signed last year, guess it’s not on for this year.

Comment

Bucks has already had “ID clinics”. Or mid year tryouts as some teams needed kids now. Tryout emails has already been sent out to the club members and you can register on their site. They still haven’t given the date for the living room meetings where they actually pick the teams - you have to be one of their buddies for that info.

Regardless looks like they aren’t abiding by the tryout initiative they signed last year, guess it’s not on for this year.
                            Why would buvks agree to the try out initative in the first place??? Think pda north or south r waiting till may for try outs???????

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X