Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Connecticut

Notices

Connecticut Discussions about Connecticut soccer.

Old 04-23-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
High school aged club team. 3 honest goals, say 4 due to midfied errors and injuries to key defensive players but 5 attributable to a short keeper with bad hands that is slow off her line. She generally coughs up 2 in the first half which takes the wind out of the sails of the field players. The fact that this was the only keeper this big 3 club could recruit and field for this age group is sad.
More pathetic is you blaming the GK - a child btw - for the loss. Blame the club for poor recruiting and poor training. Blame the field players for their mistakes. GKs make mistakes but are rarely the sole cause for a loss, especially a large margin loss. Even a stud GK will let in a few if they're getting shelled.
Old 04-23-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
And now we have given up 12 goals in 2 games. Kid, you stood in the wrong line.
Try keeping the ball on the front half of the field for a little bit. Is this an FSA parent?
Old 04-23-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
as a parent of a keeper, it's outrageous that you'd post this. You don't think he/she takes every goal like a dagger to the heart? And now some DB on the sidelines is calling him/her out on the internet? There's 11 kids on the field, it takes eff-ups from 10 of them before the 11th lets the ball into the net. I'd punch you in the face if you ever said this garbage to me on the sideline. God bless that keeper.
Old 04-23-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
as a parent of a keeper, it's outrageous that you'd post this. You don't think he/she takes every goal like a dagger to the heart? And now some DB on the sidelines is calling him/her out on the internet? There's 11 kids on the field, it takes eff-ups from 10 of them before the 11th lets the ball into the net. I'd punch you in the face if you ever said this garbage to me on the sideline. God bless that keeper.
No offense, but your kid needs to lighten up. "A dagger to the heart?" That kind of mental approach is unhealthy. Have her quit soccer now, for her own good.
Old 04-23-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
No offense, but your kid needs to lighten up. "A dagger to the heart?" That kind of mental approach is unhealthy. Have her quit soccer now, for her own good.
ok, too much hyperbole, sorry! My point was that this "god awful" keeper suffers with each goal - they're not out there letting all this in and not feeling like they're letting everyone down.
Old 04-23-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Have your flawless kid play in net. I'm sure she'd do a better job right?

you're an f'ing a-hole calling out a kid from behind a keyboard.
Old 04-23-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Have your flawless kid play in net. I'm sure she'd do a better job right?

you're an f'ing a-hole calling out a kid from behind a keyboard.
my favorite is the vocal parent we have on our team who calls out the keepers while her kid (a defenseman!) is letting the other team get inside lanes and clean shots on goal.
Old 04-23-2018
Unregistered

Keeper parents will tell you about their kids' clean sheets all day long, but lose their minds the moment the suitability of the child for the position is questioned. Everyone's kid makes errors---no question-and through the years I have heard parent's rightly or wrongly call out my kid from the sidelines during a game---but no club keeper should consistently allow 6 GA per game no matter how poorly the 10 in front of her play. That's a travel keeper. The club should have known better and kept looking.
Old 04-23-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Keeper parents will tell you about their kids' clean sheets all day long, but lose their minds the moment the suitability of the child for the position is questioned. Everyone's kid makes errors---no question-and through the years I have heard parent's rightly or wrongly call out my kid from the sidelines during a game---but no club keeper should consistently allow 6 GA per game no matter how poorly the 10 in front of her play. That's a travel keeper. The club should have known better and kept looking.
Regardless of the quality the blame is on the organization for putting the keeper in that position.

Instead of bitching about the keeper have one of the other field players step up. Except that they won't.
Old 04-23-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Regardless of the quality the blame is on the organization for putting the keeper in that position.

Instead of bitching about the keeper have one of the other field players step up. Except that they won't.

How about a more obvious and logical response?

How about some ongoing and intense focus on GK training?