Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't know either team, so I don't care. But you gotta be one of the typical talking soccer, moron, trolls. You really know the tactical and technical proficiency (or lack of) of a specific team's line of defense? And you know all other 02G state cup defenses well enough to compare?
    If you really do, then you are sick. Who would "scout" several 02 girl's teams accross the state enough to offer analysts?
    Not the poster, but I think a parent or coach that has a player at this age group can offer an assesment. Our girls have been playing against a lot of these teams and players for quite some time. We know who the better teams are, who the better players are, and a lot of the teams strengths and weaknesses. The poster shouldn't have been so definitive that its the worst backline in the tournament, but surely they would know if they are among the best or worst they've seen over the years.

Comment

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbblllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
      bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbblllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Not the poster, but I think a parent or coach that has a player at this age group can offer an assesment. Our girls have been playing against a lot of these teams and players for quite some time. We know who the better teams are, who the better players are, and a lot of the teams strengths and weaknesses. The poster shouldn't have been so definitive that its the worst backline in the tournament, but surely they would know if they are among the best or worst they've seen over the years.
        Not completely true. You may know some teams, but not be able to differentiate between lines and tactics used. You see other "top" state cup teams probably once per season. Some you don't see at all. If you can correctly examine a teams defensive line after watching them play for 80 minutes, I call BS. Also take into account:
        1. that teams may not perform well the one game you play them.......or they may play their best game of the year.
        2. Players get rotated
        3. a billion other intangible in youth soccer.

I'll give you that you may remember the top 1-2 players on that team. You can MAYBE identify if they defended/attacked well. But anything more than that is either a lie/troll, or more effort than a parent should have.

But that's most parents in Florida. Always talking rankings, tournament results, etc. LOL

Its laughable listening to some of them.

Again, I'm not completely disagreeing with you. I'm just saying that watching a team play and having an opinion on them is a lot different than offering analysis and tactical opinions on a u16 team. We all know the parents that think they know things, even at the u10 level.

Comment

Not completely true. You may know some teams, but not be able to differentiate between lines and tactics used. You see other "top" state cup teams probably once per season. Some you don't see at all. If you can correctly examine a teams defensive line after watching them play for 80 minutes, I call BS. Also take into account:
          1. that teams may not perform well the one game you play them.......or they may play their best game of the year.
          2. Players get rotated

I'll give you that you may remember the top 1-2 players on that team. You can MAYBE identify if they defended/attacked well. But anything more than that is either a lie/troll, or more effort than a parent should have.

But that's most parents in Florida. Always talking rankings, tournament results, etc. LOL

Again, I'm not completely disagreeing with you. I'm just saying that watching a team play and having an opinion on them is a lot different than offering analysis and tactical opinions on a u16 team. We all know the parents that think they know things, even at the u10 level.
          Those are all valid points.

Comment

Coach was a jackass most of the game complaining about calls. His team was not capable of beating one of the weakest team in the cup and took it upon himself to penalize all of his girls. Great example to follow..
            Ref decided the winner so sad

Comment

Ref decided the winner so sad
              Coach did, just imagine what a jerk he must have been to get tossed from a state cup game.

Comment

2. Players get rotated

Good points, but our coach is changing formations based on the teams we are playing. We changed formations the last game, and it looks like we will next weekend.

Comment

Good points, but our coach is changing formations based on the teams we are playing. We changed formations the last game, and it looks like we will next weekend.
                  Fair enough. There are coaches that scout teams they will play. A lot of the teams that had a bye to the second round were at round 1 games scouting. I was never one to do that.

Comment

Fair enough. There are coaches that scout teams they will play. A lot of the teams that had a bye to the second round were at round 1 games scouting. I was never one to do that.
                    In this age group, there were no Round 1 games. Not enough teams.

Comment

Best team in the group

Without a doubt TBU will take the whole thing. More talent than the rest of the teams combined. Let’s talk college commitments at 02 age group. No one rope TBU

Comment

Without a doubt TBU will take the whole thing. More talent than the rest of the teams combined. Let’s talk college commitments at 02 age group. No one rope TBU
                        No one rope???? Makes perfect sense to me- dork

Comment

This guy is full of BS... having committed players doesn’t meaning a winning team. My daughters team has a player who turned down scholarship offers in 9th grade to big D-1. She has about 4 D-1 schools who want to recruit her with offers. Doesn’t mean our team is great at all. She is just very good.

Comment

This guy is full of BS... having committed players doesn’t meaning a winning team. My daughters team has a player who turned down scholarship offers in 9th grade to big D-1. She has about 4 D-1 schools who want to recruit her with offers. Doesn’t mean our team is great at all. She is just very good.
                            TBU has some ECNL players who may be committed but their club team really doesn’t. They do have some ECNL players dual rostered on their regular club team. Pinecrest is 100% better though. Every college coach in the south is looking at them.

Comment

In this age group, there were no Round 1 games. Not enough teams.
                              Never said it was for this age group. Or girls teams. It was a general statement.

Comment

TBU has some ECNL players who may be committed but their club team really doesn’t. They do have some ECNL players dual rostered on their regular club team. Pinecrest is 100% better though. Every college coach in the south is looking at them.
                                Smart post. Pinecrest is the best team. They beat TBU in the finals 4-1

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X