X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Originally Posted By: Larry Miller
    No, it is not open to non-Stony Brook players. It is open to non-Stony Brook players to come to the meeting to see if they choose to leave the current club and join Stony Brook and benefit from dealing with one on one directly with college coaches and practicing and playing games on college fields.

Me. How is playing games on college fields a benefit

Larry. For child there is no benefit, but for all others they can get a sense of playing in college while their team will also be coached by a college coach or be seen by a college coach.

Me. Really, that's a stretch. Perhaps the college coach if they show up but the field, meh doesn't do much (final comment has not been posted yet).
    It probably won't be

Comment

That's because he believes the club with the best business plan (with a large promotional budget for him) should always get priority. Forget past success, it's all about the plan!

Judging by his traffic he is done. Parents and coaches know the site has devolved into the Jerry Springer show of soccer and avoid it. He has nobody but himself to blame for its decline.
      I started going to BOTN around 3 years ago when our westchester based team went to nycsl. i went to botn in the hopes of learning about some of the teams and clubs we'd be paying. i expected intelligent discourse but found very rare instances of that. There's been some financial info that I found valuable and stuff about colleges and the probabilities of getting money, etc.

But in general it's all "KK this and Gottschee that, etc. etc." Playground name-calling.

Where the heck to get the data to say that botn's traffic is down? He may be doing just fine catering to the hecklers out there.

Comment

I started going to BOTN around 3 years ago when our westchester based team went to nycsl. i went to botn in the hopes of learning about some of the teams and clubs we'd be paying. i expected intelligent discourse but found very rare instances of that. There's been some financial info that I found valuable and stuff about colleges and the probabilities of getting money, etc.

But in general it's all "KK this and Gottschee that, etc. etc." Playground name-calling.

Where the heck to get the data to say that botn's traffic is down? He may be doing just fine catering to the hecklers out there.

Look at the volume of posts and compare that to a few years ago. Even mid-season it is down to a trickle mist days.

Comment

It probably won't be
          It was never posted. Not a critical post either

Comment

It was never posted. Not a critical post either
            I had that happen a few times as well - and none of it was particularly controversial, but clearly it didn't line up with Larry's agenda.

Comment

That's why we are all here and it will continue to grow. We don't have to agree or line up with Larry's narrative.

What value does BOTN really have left? Volume way down from years ago while more kids playing soccer in our area. He demonstrated clearly he can kill soccer programs like Surf on LI.

He has killed tournaments then after the check clears turns around and blames the host for poor turnout.

Anyone that has followed it over the years has seen its decline first hand.

Comment

That's why we are all here and it will continue to grow. We don't have to agree or line up with Larry's narrative.

What value does BOTN really have left? Volume way down from years ago while more kids playing soccer in our area. He demonstrated clearly he can kill soccer programs like Surf on LI.

He has killed tournaments then after the check clears turns around and blames the host for poor turnout.

Anyone that has followed it over the years has seen its decline first hand.
                I am concerned that traffic is low here. We go several days without new posts

Time for us to pick up the pace

Comment

Only a few states see decent traffic. The majority as dead. Varies by stat I supposed depending on how crazy the local soccer culture is there and what other sites are available,. Are there any other sites for this area besides the rapidly declining BOTN?

Comment

Only a few states see decent traffic. The majority as dead. Varies by stat I supposed depending on how crazy the local soccer culture is there and what other sites are available,. Are there any other sites for this area besides the rapidly declining BOTN?
                    I am not comparing it to the other states. This site got great traffic for awhile. Now it's cooled off.

This site is supposed to be the alternative to BOTN

Comment

I am not comparing it to the other states. This site got great traffic for awhile. Now it's cooled off.

This site is supposed to be the alternative to BOTN
                      This site can't compete with BOTN. BOTN is king of New York soccer and you know it. That's why you keep comparing this place to BOTN.

Comment

This site can't compete with BOTN. BOTN is king of New York soccer and you know it. That's why you keep comparing this place to BOTN.
                        Larry, Larry is that you? Let them eat cake

I don't want it to compete. I want an alternative. Competition is good

I would like a place where I can discuss soccer and not get screened out because my post may disagree with Larrys point of view or his advertiser POV.

I would like a place where we actually talk about soccer and not belittle other youth teams and players

I would like a site without the vulgarity of BOTN

To accomplish all of these things we need posters who regularly post. so let's start posting.

Comment

BotN is so boring. I don't think anyone goes on there nearly as much as they use to. People really were turned off by the whole Surf thing. It was and is such a joke. They are just another club full of part time coaches that will not come close to getting DA or ECNL, regardless of what they telling people...or Larry is telling you. SUSA and KK parents are besides themselves and now hate that website and Larry. They use to have a good relationship. That's gone.

Comment

BotN is so boring. I don't think anyone goes on there nearly as much as they use to. People really were turned off by the whole Surf thing. It was and is such a joke. They are just another club full of part time coaches that will not come close to getting DA or ECNL, regardless of what they telling people...or Larry is telling you. SUSA and KK parents are besides themselves and now hate that website and Larry. They use to have a good relationship. That's gone.
                            Susa and KK parents post here. If you hate Larry the best way to piss him off is to post here. He definitely follows this site.

Just Keep it positive and it will be good

Comment

Susa and KK parents post here. If you hate Larry the best way to piss him off is to post here. He definitely follows this site.

Just Keep it positive and it will be good
                              You really think this tiny little New York forum means anything? You gotta be joking. Keep posting, no one is reading it anyway. BOTN gets almost a million page views a day, this site gets what? a thousand?

Comment

You really think this tiny little New York forum means anything? You gotta be joking. Keep posting, no one is reading it anyway. BOTN gets almost a million page views a day, this site gets what? a thousand?
                                Larry why don't you sign your posts.

You know that page views are way done. A million please

Go back to smoking the whacky tobacco

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X