Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Now that is some insightful s***....obviously a scorned ex-parent! Kick and run soccer...only 3-4 good players on the team...you are a complete joke! Then why are they beating everybody ALOT to a little....oh that’s right RT can’t coach, they play kick and run soccer...my favorite is that there defenders try and score....how dare they!!! Find another team to obsess about cement boots.
    Learn to read, poster didn't say 3-4 good players, they said favorites. Every coach has a few favs that the players worship the ground he walks on as do their parents.

Comment

Let's be very clear on this... this team is NOT killing the way they did in the beginning of the season. When it first started, they were winning games 11-0. Now they are winning games 3-1, 5-2, etc.. the other teams that followed the quarantine and didn't practice during the shut down are starting to catch up. As for the coach, my grandmother who's in hospice could coach the team.as is and they still would win games. The team is good because of the individual talented players and l the outside coaches thats working with the girls. RT is a waste of space who's daddy didn't love him enough.

Comment

The 09 team posted a score on 16-0 against what is essentially a township team. That tells you all you need to know about the character of this coach. I'd be completely ashamed if my daughter's coach allowed them to win by that score. (and no, my daughter was not on the losing end)

Comment

Meh, who cares. They are U12. Still a couple years to go before many things get straightened out, i.e. puberty, PDA recruitment, among others.

You still need a least a half way decent coach to win consistently with talented girls.

Comment

They beat Toms River 16-0??? That is some ignorant s--- right there. Makes me angry just seeing that. There are some things you just don't do. SMH.

Comment

They beat Toms River 16-0??? That is some ignorant s--- right there. Makes me angry just seeing that. There are some things you just don't do. SMH.
              Apparently they learned from the USWNT, great examples of sportsmanship.

Comment

Class personified. That’s on the coach. Honestly though take a look at him. I don’t mean his actions I mean literally look at him.

Comment

Any time we used to get up by 8 goals, the coach would bench any player who would score another goal. Last time it happened, 2 players were benched and belittled for it. Final was 10-2.

Both RT and the parents should be disgusted by this but I doubt they are. It’s also a horrible example to set for the kids.

I find myself cheering this team on just for the NJ factor but then I see something like this. Want the best for the kids but hell, I do not want to support these parents or RT.

Comment

I've been hesitant to post on here, but people have the right to know what they're getting into coming to the 09 team that he "coaches". If all you and your kid care about is winning when they're 11, then this is the team for you. Every girl works extremely hard on the team, with all doing outside training most days when not at team practice or games. It's highly competitive to get and maintain a spot as well as have consistent minutes. There's usually a ton of out of state travel involved, such as Jeff Cup, Super Copa, Bethesda, Disney, etc. The team typically tries to play the best in the region, and as there weren't any 09 teams that could keep up, have moved on to 08s. There are a lot of standouts from the area as he has managed to attract them over the past few years of team iterations.

Sounds fine, right? Just be aware, the actual team training is bad. It's almost exclusively scrimmaging, so your kid better keep up with the outside training. New kids almost always get preference for spots and minutes (except for the few short listed that he makes a point to be friendly with their family). He is always recruiting, so don't be surprised if there is a random new kid or two at a practice or tournament. He recruits regardless of how good the current roster is, so be prepared for your kid to eventually cede time unless they are one of the 3 or 4 favorites that never come out. The parents on the team are on the whole ok, but there are a half dozen that either scream like animals from the sidelines and/or you can't trust. These people are looking out for their kid and their kid's spot above all else.

For the actual soccer, it's kick and run soccer with a lot of individual performances. There is no actual strategy, but as most of the kids are so good, it typically doesn't matter. There are a few that usually only pass to each other, which isn't discouraged. There is no adaptation on the field, so don't expect a change even if things aren't working or his favorites aren't playing well. Your kid isn't getting more playing time if a regular is off her game. Your kid may get pulled though if they aren't on that short list, and he has no issue making derogatory statements about kids on the team directly to their teammates.

About the actual person, the poster above is correct. The guy can't be trusted. He will say anything to get your kid on the team as well as to keep you on the team (unless he recruits a replacement, then your kid is screwed). He has no eye for talent other then goals, speed, etc so don't think he can tell if your kid is better than another he just played against. He didn't play soccer past high school and doesn't have something like an A license for coaching bonafides. He didn't have a successful coaching history prior to the 09s, so don't expect a list of kids that have gone on to D1 schools or have gotten scholarships. If you know anything about soccer or have gone through youth soccer with a prior kid, then you'll quickly see he's out of his depth and frequently makes recruitment decisions on look and what a few of the parents recommend to him.

You stay for the wins and the competitive atmosphere. If money is no object, your kid is flashy and can keep ahead of her potential replacements (while still wanting to train and play in that type of environment), you stay away from certain parents, you don't care about the lack of training and don't mind the outside training time, and you don't take anything the coach says as fact, then knock yourself out. If your kid does get an invite and you want to try it out, I recommend asking for a year on the house.
                    This is probably the most accurate statement I have ever read on this forum. RT has a limited scope for talent, he is unable to develop his players, and he thrives on drama within his own. There is little to no professionalism in the way he conducts himself. Too many people are turned off by certain parents and their over zealous need to be in his favor. These parents are in constant contact with him, but if you are not a chosen one expect to wait days or even weeks to receive a response to a question regarding your daughter. “He’s busy” . If you can develop your daughter on the side, manage to navigate the weird divisions within his parents, and keep yourself focused on the bigger picture- which is not traveling all over the country for his ego- then your daughter will definitely play with competitive, hard working girls. He will always build the strongest team he can. Go into it eyes wide open and set your expectations.

Comment

Whatever you think about this guy or any other coach for that matter....they have wives, kids, parents, etc. They have multiple jobs in many cases and they are just trying to provide for their families. Everyone should remember that when they are putting something online that is then there forever. Feel free to have negative thoughts about someone but if they aren’t committing a crime should you really be calling them out by name on a forum. Even using initials is poor form. Just my 2c. No dog in this fight.

Comment

Whatever you think about this guy or any other coach for that matter....they have wives, kids, parents, etc. They have multiple jobs in many cases and they are just trying to provide for their families. Everyone should remember that when they are putting something online that is then there forever. Feel free to have negative thoughts about someone but if they aren’t committing a crime should you really be calling them out by name on a forum. Even using initials is poor form. Just my 2c. No dog in this fight.
                        Ryan Tetro = *******, scumbag, jerkoff, signed his wife.....

Comment

This guy has actual issues. If you lose a game, expect a 3 page email about how disappointed he is and how the loss made him feel. He'll mope around until the next big win. I actually feel a little bad for him, but this kind of stuff is super weird.

Comment

This guy has actual issues. If you lose a game, expect a 3 page email about how disappointed he is and how the loss made him feel. He'll mope around until the next big win. I actually feel a little bad for him, but this kind of stuff is super weird.
                            RT is a good coach and a good guy, not sure why so many keep relentlessly bashing. Almost like the DM stuff it’s nonstop. Just focus on soccer related topics and stay positive people!

Comment

RT is a good coach and a good guy, not sure why so many keep relentlessly bashing. Almost like the DM stuff it’s nonstop. Just focus on soccer related topics and stay positive people!
                              Haters hate.

Comment

Putting aside the stupid and hurtful stuff like the posts saying he's a jerkoff, there's a lot of truthful information and honest opinions on this thread. Believe them or don't believe them, it doesn't matter to me. He's not a bad person, but there are things about him and things he's done that myself and many others disagree with. We don't think he's a good coach or honest person. If you only want to look at facts, he's moved between a lot of different clubs in a short period of time, had his boys team taken away from him while at CSA, and has only put together one good team his entire coaching career. If you love him, then enjoy. The rest of us will sit back and not care.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X