Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drifting back to clubs from HS soccer...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Bloodbath for us this year, and not being overly dramatic. We have three kids who are stuck with their private schools, and if they leave they will need to be remote full time. So, they won't be back it looks like. We had our best player tear her ACL and suffered a fracture, so she's out for the year. Another showed up in a boot with a high-ankle sprain and won't be back for another month; and one more (a goalie) is recovering from a dislocated shoulder. Two more suffering from more minor ailments and should be baack within a couple of weeks.

At this point, HS took out half the roster. How anyone - player, team, club, league - considers that a worthwhile exercise is beyond me.
    I think they are playing the wrong football

Comment

I think they are playing the wrong football
      or maybe rugby?

Comment

or maybe rugby?
        Pretty good description of high school soccer.

Comment

A lot of players quarantined and not allowed to come to club training!

HS’s shutting down, cases rising especially in Shore area, it’s going to be long winter!

Comment

Did anyone see the top freshmen girls pick for nj.com?The girl who won isn't even in the top ten of those listed within the 85. What a joke these voting polls are. Not one recruit I spoke with has ever heard of her.

Comment

Did anyone see the top freshmen girls pick for nj.com?The girl who won isn't even in the top ten of those listed within the 85. What a joke these voting polls are. Not one recruit I spoke with has ever heard of her.
              Says the parent who tried to pump up their kid’s chances with votes...the whole list is heavily biased towards stats and attacking players. You can be a great defender or holding mid on a sub par team and easily be left off this list. No stats to quantify tackles, passing accuracy etc. Or you can be a really good goalie on a team that is not great and be left off. But if you put up Offensive stats it does not matter how poor your squad is, you make the list.

Comment

Did anyone see the top freshmen girls pick for nj.com? The girl who won isn't even in the top ten of those listed within the 85. What a joke these voting polls are. Not one recruit I spoke with has ever heard of her.
                Why would any recruiter take stock in a NJ.com poll? Considering the top girl, last time I saw it, had 50k votes I doubt 99.9% of those even played soccer or watched a game before.

Comment

My kid isn't on the list but we never voted so eat your words.

Comment

Why would any recruiter take stock in a NJ.com poll? Considering the top girl, last time I saw it, had 50k votes I doubt 99.9% of those even played soccer or watched a game before.
                    Correct, I would not imagine thousands upon thousands of supporters and experts are voting here just friends and family pumping up the vote.

Comment

Absolutely agree! It's just a polling forum to get money from advertisers

Comment

Someone is really bitter his kid wasn't picked.

Comment

I held my breath watching every high school game my daughter played in because of the much higher risk of injuries. You cannot equate high school soccer vs. club soccer. Not only is the skill level much lower but you have players who have no idea what they are doing on the field. They are there not because they are more skillful but just more athletic than the alternative. Every time my daughter would dribble and carry the ball people would either try to trip her, knock her down or stick there leg out to try and stop her. The fact most of these players are not fast, quick or even in shape to run the field for a full game makes them very dangerous. Don’t get me started about headers or going up for a ball in the air where I have seen not only concussions but broken and bloody noses. Heading the ball should be outlawed in high school. That being said my daughter loved playing with her classmates and that’s what matters. Do not compare the chances of injury in high school vs. club.
                          Hmmm how is it that a HS team like RBC loaded with great individual club players is just an average HS team and gets blown out in some games? Does what they’ve learned in club soccer not translate on the field in HS or is it just poor coaching/prep? It’s funny, when teams are winning HS is great, when teams are losing HS is terrible....

Comment

Hello

How are you?

Comment

Saw some undefeated teams had to shut down!

Crazy times!

Comment

Hmmm how is it that a HS team like RBC loaded with great individual club players is just an average HS team and gets blown out in some games? Does what they’ve learned in club soccer not translate on the field in HS or is it just poor coaching/prep? It’s funny, when teams are winning HS is great, when teams are losing HS is terrible....
                                Sometimes it comes down to playing as a team....if you have too many players trying to be the star and nobody willing to make that extra unselfish pass then a more talented team will lose to a lesser talented group that plays together.

It is a team sport ....I see so many times players taking poor shots when they had an open team mate....to many trying for glory and stats....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X