X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    According to CDC's own information:

*Data during recent weeks are incomplete because of the lag in time between when the death occurred and when the death certificate is completed, submitted to NCHS and processed for reporting purposes.

Try other sites which try to give estimates closer to current, for example:

https://covidtracking.com/data/charts/us-daily-deaths
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-us-cases.html

Look at where deaths are at relative to new cases from about a month ago, and look what's up ahead.
    Exactly. Cases really started rising Oct 1 but have jumped since mid October. That means deaths won't start to rise until into November. Yes agreed now that the elderly are more protected than March/April (fewer infections in the elderly, more in younger populations that do better) and doctors have learned a lot about effective treatments, deaths won't be as dramatic. But there will still be deaths. There will also be high hospitalization numbers. Despite better outcomes people under 65 still can get very ill.

Comment

How many are eating out after 9:30?
      Exactly my thought, but folk see and read what they want with little to no understanding.
      Yes, restaurant staff will be hurt, but because of number limits, not time restrictions.

Must be a fan of the Orange...

Comment

...While gathering limits at event venues remain unchanged, Baker said all gatherings at public and private spaces will be required to end by 9:30 p.m., except for religious or political events.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/massach...-2020/34550054

Someone asked Governor Baker about soccer and field hockey players wearing masks and he said that you will hear a lot more about this by the end of the week.
        I heard that too and didn't quite understand the question. Was the reporter saying that youth soccer players are playing without masks? I don't get it.

Comment

Totally hurts business what are you talking about. You're restricted on the number of people in a restaurant and now you have to close earlier. This will hurt those that have struggled to stay open
          i guess people will start getting hammered earlier...watch out for drunk drivers during dinner time...

Comment

Exactly my thought, but folk see and read what they want with little to no understanding.
            Yes, restaurant staff will be hurt, but because of number limits, not time restrictions.

Must be a fan of the Orange...
            OP here and I was only referring to the time limit. Obviously the capacity limit is the real kicker. No restaurant can survive on those number without a big takeout business. We've done a ton of take out since Day 1 plus bought a lot of gift cards to give to others. We will continue to do so. But with winter coming and now cases going up we were not going to do much in person dining regardless. By the time you insulate an outdoor space enough to tay warm it's practically the same as indoor dining.

I feel for restaurant owners and workers. Our extended family has a few places themselves. It's just one area of this mess that has issues that can't be avoided. Restaurants, bars, indoor concerts, travel - they just can't operate now or survive without more assistance.

Comment

Newly decreed executive orders go into effect on the Friday.

Masks are mandatory in all public places both inside and outdoors.

Nightly curfews from 10pm-5am.

Outdoor "gatherings" reduced from 50 people to 25 people.

As they said in GOT, "Winter is coming for soccer."
              You tried so hard to get soccer cancelled...but you failed. It's been fun watching the kids play and it makes me feel good to know that you are safe hiding in your basement.

Comment

...While gathering limits at event venues remain unchanged, Baker said all gatherings at public and private spaces will be required to end by 9:30 p.m., except for religious or political events.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/massach...-2020/34550054

Someone asked Governor Baker about soccer and field hockey players wearing masks and he said that you will hear a lot more about this by the end of the week.

Funny that Baker made this announcement a day before the election...and his update on soccer will be at the end of the week. The HS season is over in a week and a half and club soccer is playing in CT or NH.

I'm not saying that Covid is fake...but the news is over-sensationalizing the situation. I have two friends that work at different hospitals in MA and they don't have any Covid patients.

Once the election is over you will hear a lot less from the press about the dramatic increase in cases.

Do you know anyone with Covid? I don't. My kids school had one reported case this year (and it's a combined high school and middle school). Is anyone aware of any soccer players getting Covid? Covid is serious and it is a problem. Wear a mask, avoid large gatherings, wash your hands, etc, etc. But let's all calm down.

Comment

Funny that Baker made this announcement a day before the election...and his update on soccer will be at the end of the week. The HS season is over in a week and a half and club soccer is playing in CT or NH.

I'm not saying that Covid is fake...but the news is over-sensationalizing the situation. I have two friends that work at different hospitals in MA and they don't have any Covid patients.

Once the election is over you will hear a lot less from the press about the dramatic increase in cases.

Do you know anyone with Covid? I don't. My kids school had one reported case this year (and it's a combined high school and middle school). Is anyone aware of any soccer players getting Covid? Covid is serious and it is a problem. Wear a mask, avoid large gatherings, wash your hands, etc, etc. But let's all calm down.
                  I know of one case in a local club and no other player contracted it. Not a single one.

Comment

Media and fear of protests may make the difference.

Comment

Media and fear of protests may make the difference.
                      Fake lost and is fired. Deal with it and wear your phuquing mask you dope.

Comment

you must live in a low risk area. schools are cancelling/postponing games due to covid occurrences (5+) and need to quarantine.

Comment

you must live in a low risk area. schools are cancelling/postponing games due to covid occurrences (5+) and need to quarantine.
                          .00007 of the US population has died. This will be a huge history lesson decades from now and people will be reading about the overreaction, and political motivations which is the basis for all of this. Well, that anthem fact that there's no such thing as responsible media.....the internet is one big money making machine, and hype equals dollars. Every click, like, share, view is lining someone's pockets.

Comment

.00007 of the US population has died. This will be a huge history lesson decades from now and people will be reading about the overreaction, and political motivations which is the basis for all of this. Well, that anthem fact that there's no such thing as responsible media.....the internet is one big money making machine, and hype equals dollars. Every click, like, share, view is lining someone's pockets.
                            That's almost 250,000 deaths!....is that too few for you??

Comment

Crazy Fake supporters should turn on their televisions. It’s over.

Comment

Is your wife singing ?until then it’s not over.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X