Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Message to pac kids last night -- they're returning to practicing in pods of 6 because of the spread in King County
    Was this a coach or an email?

Comment

There is a club wide Zoom meeting tonight, so I assume more info will be passed at that point.

Comment

Nothing out from our club after telling us we'd be updated each monday.

Told no out of state play in phase 2 according to the rules, so don't have to go to Idaho woohoo.

Comment

Message to pac kids last night -- they're returning to practicing in pods of 6 because of the spread in King County
          This is getting weird. Not only are different local governments doing different things, but now we have different clubs within the same local region doing different things. Everyone will point and say the other side is wrong.

I have a bad feeling everything is just going to stagnant.

Comment

Glad our ECNL game was moved to Thurston County this weekend, no chance of being cancelled now.

Comment

Was this a coach or an email?
              Message from the coach to the kids last night, email today

Comment

Glad our ECNL game was moved to Thurston County this weekend, no chance of being cancelled now.
                This is why we can't have nice things.

Comment

Just received from PAC (this is just an excerpt of a longer email):

Beginning TODAY (October 13), all PacNW training sessions will be adjusted to comply with the applicable guidelines. As explained in the all-club Zoom meeting last week, there are a few differences in size of pods and permitted activities. With the new guidelines, the pod size maximum has increased to 6 players and brief close contact is allowed, (ex 3 v 3 drills). All PacNW practice times and field assignments remain the same.

We will continue to watch this numbers daily and are working to add a "current level" report on our website for easy reference for our members. We understand that this is discouraging to move "backward" after being able to have scrimmages and full contact trainings, but we as a club are committed to following all necessary guidelines to protect the health and safety of all.

Comment

Kudos to pacnw for leading the way on this. It sucks to have to go backwards but you have to follow the guidelines if we want to make it through this.

I haven't heard anything from my club (Crossfire) on this.

Comment

I haven't heard anything from Seattle United on how they will be addressing the King County numbers.

Comment

Hahaha let me guess, WP?

Our son's WP team is busy scheduling games both home and away, we've been getitng TeamSnap notificastions all day!!!

Comment

The new guidelines are almost as inane as the old ones. Opening movie theaters and expanding bar hours while shutting down outdoor youth sports based solely on countywide positive test counts when we still have some of the lowest positivity and hospitalization rates in the country, and when there is still zero evidence that outdoor youth sports meaningfully contribute to the spread of the virus, makes no sense at all.

Comment

Only 3 more weeks before Covid miraculously fades away!

Comment

The new guidelines are almost as inane as the old ones. Opening movie theaters and expanding bar hours while shutting down outdoor youth sports based solely on countywide positive test counts when we still have some of the lowest positivity and hospitalization rates in the country, and when there is still zero evidence that outdoor youth sports meaningfully contribute to the spread of the virus, makes no sense at all.
                              Hey! I got my degree in epidemiology from Facebook, too! I'm having trouble printing it, though, as normal paper won't do and the store is our of cardstock. Could you send me some?!?!

Comment

Hey! I got my degree in epidemiology from Facebook, too! I'm having trouble printing it, though, as normal paper won't do and the store is our of cardstock. Could you send me some?!?!
                                Health officials in nearly 45 other states (many of which with worse metrics than WA) have decided outdoor sports are safe. Seems to have been almost zero negative consequences to their decision thus far. Enjoy sitting on your couch for the remainder of your life covered in bubble wrap if you are that risk averse. Long term care facilities should be an absolute bubble right now and I’m not sure why Greek Row is even allowed to be occupied on campuses right now, but outdoor sports don’t seem to be an issue.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X