Soccer is About to Get Started in WA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a tendency to agree. My small business is being murdered while Costco, Amazon, Walmart, etc make record profit. The press conference with Delta and Alaska was nauseating. Taxpayers provided airlines a $25 Billion, yes Billion with a B, bailout and they still threaten 32 thousand layoffs 90 days later unless we fork over more. Same thing with restaurants. You know who is going to continue to have great sales? McDonalds drive thru, Papa John’s delivery, even Olive Garden curbside pickup. Who is dying? Your locally owned family Mexican restaurant, the burger stand up the street, the neighbor’s coffee shop. The entire thing is disgusting. Youth sports clearly doesn’t have enough political capital (money) to affect the governor’s decision. Instead, wealthy families will continue to travel out of state where play is permitted while low income families have near zero opportunity. It’s illegal for them to even play in the backyard with their friends at this point. I feel sick to my stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Funny how pac and wp are understanding of intra-team now means you can scrimmage outside your pod. Yet, the same clubs who just sent their ECNL teams to Arizona b/c they are not RCL teams. Clear examples of leadership at its finest. Take care of your kid b/c these bozos surely do not.
      There's a reason that they are the only two teams traveling. Parental pressure and weak leadership. PAC came out and said that they were training in groups of 6 due to the uptick in the virus but somehow they are ok to go to Arizona. It makes no sense to me how they can allow three teams to travel but the rest of their club cannot play scrimmages. ****ing disgrace

Comment

There's a reason that they are the only two teams traveling. Parental pressure and weak leadership. PAC came out and said that they were training in groups of 6 due to the uptick in the virus but somehow they are ok to go to Arizona. It makes no sense to me how they can allow three teams to travel but the rest of their club cannot play scrimmages. ****ing disgrace
        My kid's coach made an offhand comment about LOB doing something recently that upset people. Maybe it was this trip to 'zona?

Comment

They aren’t the only two teams traveling. Reign played in Utah about a month ago.

Comment

My kid's coach made an offhand comment about LOB doing something recently that upset people. Maybe it was this trip to 'zona?
            This would definitely be one of the reasons but then also the tryout situation at the beginning of COVID. I know PAC/LOB didn't handle that well at all.

Comment

This would definitely be one of the reasons but then also the tryout situation at the beginning of COVID. I know PAC/LOB didn't handle that well at all.
              No one is forcing anyone to travel.....there are plenty of players more than happy to step in. It is a showcase. Records don’t matter.

Comment

No one is forcing anyone to travel.....there are plenty of players more than happy to step in. It is a showcase. Records don’t matter.
                You're correct but still stupid to travel. Put their community ahead of travel, especially with cases going up. It's not hard to set the correct example for their players.

Comment

You're correct but still stupid to travel. Put their community ahead of travel, especially with cases going up. It's not hard to set the correct example for their players.
                  cases.....we are talking cases now. My kids cant wait for spring break to end. We already did what they asked for the past 7 months and now we are back to square one. What a joke.

Comment

What is LOB?

Comment

cases.....we are talking cases now. My kids cant wait for spring break to end. We already did what they asked for the past 7 months and now we are back to square one. What a joke.
                      Hospitalizations and deaths always follow cases...in our case hospitalizations for week beginning Nov 1 reached highest point since April 5. We are back to square 1 because people still are politicizing or ignoring actions that can influence the numbers in a positive manner. The vast majority of hospitalizations and deaths are for people age 60 and older (hospitalizations pull in age 40-59) but the simple fact is that they are being given the virus by those who could take steps to not contract it themselves or pass it on to others but choose not to take those steps - for whatever reason.

We could have controlled this - but we choose not to. In a way Culp was right - people should have enough common sense to address this without mandates. But, what he failed to grasp is that people don't. We could and should have a top notch contact tracing process - but we don't. Why? Because people won't participate and support.

One has to wonder if people would be so blase about it if it were their age group that was the target population. Of course they wouldn't....so long as someone else is negatively impacted they can continue to rant.

Comment

Sadly, IMO we lost this battle back in April. We could have taken advantage of the nationwide shock to address this as a nation, but politicization created confusion followed by polarization and a belief by many that this was about civil rights and freedom of choice. The populace is fragmented and weary and the numbers have become numbing, akin to the nightly death counts during the Vietnam war.

We have what we have, and (I) have no expectation that anything coming in (local/regional/national mandates) will create a societal change. Those that choose to do the basic simple things - distance, mask and wash - will continue to do so (us included) because it makes sense.

Comment

This thread was made in September with the title

Soccer is About to Get Started in WA

LOL

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X