We may as well start the list:

UMass Boston

Someone pushed over that first domino.

UMass Boston
    Bowdoin

Comment

Amherst no fall sports, down goes national finalists

Comment

People just love to talk about the NESCAC here. What happens when the whole league cancels soccer?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          People just love to talk about the NESCAC here. What happens when the whole league cancels soccer?
          Then they cancel soccer and move on. I personally would prefer my kid to play at a NESCAC school than a D1 school, with a few exceptions.

Comment

Then they cancel soccer and move on. I personally would prefer my kid to play at a NESCAC school than a D1 school, with a few exceptions.
            Good thing she has your genes then. On Track for D3

Comment

Good thing she has your genes then. On Track for D3
              First, she is a he. I played soccer and lacrosse in college. Had DI and DII offers in soccer but decided on D3 as I payed about $5K total for a very good education. Played semi-pro for 2 years and still play at a high level today. So yeah, I certainly don't think my genes are hurting him (at least not athletically).

Comment

First, she is a he. I played soccer and lacrosse in college. Had DI and DII offers in soccer but decided on D3 as I payed about $5K total for a very good education. Played semi-pro for 2 years and still play at a high level today. So yeah, I certainly don't think my genes are hurting him (at least not athletically).
                Let's hope he doesn't take the easy route like his D3 father.

Comment

Not sure how that's the easy route but ok. I'm glad a Hermann Trophy winner responded to me..

Comment

See the easy route is choosing a school for a sport instead of academics. Getting into top D3 academic schools is incredibly difficult. I’ll put my money on someone who can get into these schools doing well in life over a D1 athlete who chose for the sport any day of the week.

Comment

UMASS-Boston in state, eh pops? Was about $5k back in the day for both semesters living at home.

Comment

UMASS-Boston in state, eh pops? Was about $5k back in the day for both semesters living at home.
                        Either he was dirt poor or he went to the D3 equivalent of JuCo.

Comment

See the easy route is choosing a school for a sport instead of academics. Getting into top D3 academic schools is incredibly difficult. I’ll put my money on someone who can get into these schools doing well in life over a D1 athlete who chose for the sport any day of the week.
                          People born on 2nd base generally ride the coattails of their industrious family tree.

Comment

Why would I go to UMASS Boston when I could go to a superior school academically for the same price?

Comment

Why would I go to UMASS Boston when I could go to a superior school academically for the same price?
                              Ah, a single-parent minority .... NESCAC I guess. Congrats. I just paid off my student loans ..... That is what white privilege gets you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X