X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    For the pandemic deniers:

Deaths from traffic accidents are down because people stay home -- one reason the death toll isn't higher. Lots of studies on that. Improved air quality from folks staying home more helps those who have respiratory health issues. No school shootings, mass shootings either.
    Traffic deaths are usually less than 50k per year.
    School shootings are probably under 100 most years.
    Not sure of respiratory, but I am sure it isn't in the top 10 list of deaths.

Comment

I hope that most of these BS messages are from trolls and part of the disinfo bot army and not actually Seattle parents.
      This is a WA section so it is possible that many here are non Seattle residents, non Seattle Metro area as well. But I am guessing at least half are from the Seattle metro area.

Comment

Traffic deaths are usually less than 50k per year.
        School shootings are probably under 100 most years.
        Not sure of respiratory, but I am sure it isn't in the top 10 list of deaths.
        So you are saying the cure was worse than the cause.....Trump was right!

Now the economy is wrecked and deaths are the same, great.

Comment

What's so hard to understand? More than 250k Americans have died from a disease. Many of those deaths could have been avoided. It's that simple.

The fact that people didn't die from other causes, doesn't erase the fact that these people DID die, and didn't have to. You and your ilk sacrificed them on the altar of selfishness.

Comment

I am by no means a COVID denier. Wear our masks, follow the Governors guidelines, telework, etc. That being said the statement, “many of those deaths could have been avoided” is absolutely not exclusive to COVID. Many traffic related deaths could avoided by instituting a 45mph interstate speed limit, diabetes could be avoided by outlawing HFCS, heart disease could be avoided by banning fast food. Obesity? Tax people based on their BMI. Don’t even start with tobacco and alcohol, immediate prohibition. All of those examples are legal because of simple economics and a cost benefit analysis. COVID is nearly the same. Two weeks to “flatten the curve” is what we told people 9 months ago yet Inslee in his last press conference said the efforts of Washingtonians was successful and worked, but...we are immediately back in this situation. At some point people outside of the high risk populations aren’t going to put up with it anymore because the cost for “ME” isn’t worth the benefit of “WE.”

Comment

That sums up why I paid for in person private school for my son and am willing to push the limits a bit on soccer. The risk of COVID from either doesn’t exceed the benefits. Better than him essentially missing another year of school and activities. I don’t foresee us getting on a plane any time soon to play sports, but if we can drive a few hours to another state to play games, it’s fine. I’ll also look the other way when he and his friends organize a pickup game at a local park.

Comment

Let’s be honest if that US actually cared they would pause all commercial air travel, stop professional and collegiate sports, and close places like Walmart and Target. They don’t because, money. It’s that simple.
                True. Shut down gyms, schools and youth sports. But allow people to pack into a tube with 100 other people for 8 hour flights. Allow people to pack into costco, Walmart, Target.

I am no denier. I have a couple elderly relatives that have covid on their death certificates. But at some point we need some common sense here. The cat is out of the bag and pretty much everyone is going to get this. 99.97% will be fine.

Comment

Got to love it when people try to claim they aren't a "Covid denier" or the like, and then spout nonsense.

"As of 11:59 p.m. Thursday, DOH reported that 2,703 people had died of COVID-19 in Washington state, or 1.7% of people diagnosed."

Nationwide, it's a 3% fatality rate. 3% worldwide.

Maybe Jay the tyrant isn't doing such a bad job, eh?

Comment

Got to love it when people try to claim they aren't a "Covid denier" or the like, and then spout nonsense.

"As of 11:59 p.m. Thursday, DOH reported that 2,703 people had died of COVID-19 in Washington state, or 1.7% of people diagnosed."

Nationwide, it's a 3% fatality rate. 3% worldwide.

Maybe Jay the tyrant isn't doing such a bad job, eh?
                    With or because of? stop with the phony numbers.

Comment

"Phony numbers" is the mating call of the American idiot. Good to see that your ignorance is only matched by your lack of self-awareness.

Per Worldometers (which aggregates data from official sources):

In the US, there have been 8,216,608 cases with an outcome (recovered or died, not actively sick), and 271,026 deaths as of 8pm on 11/27. Since you clearly can't do math, that's 3.2985 percent.

Worldwide, 44,237,762 cases with an outcome, 1,449,114 deaths. 3.3866 percent.

The WA number is from today's State DOH release.

Comment

"Phony numbers" is the mating call of the American idiot. Good to see that your ignorance is only matched by your lack of self-awareness.

Per Worldometers (which aggregates data from official sources):

In the US, there have been 8,216,608 cases with an outcome (recovered or died, not actively sick), and 271,026 deaths as of 8pm on 11/27. Since you clearly can't do math, that's 3.2985 percent.

Worldwide, 44,237,762 cases with an outcome, 1,449,114 deaths. 3.3866 percent.

The WA number is from today's State DOH release.
                        Hahahaha you didn't exclude all the motorcycle accidents! Nice try!

Comment

"Tell me about the rabbits, George."

Comment

Let’s not pretend like “worldometers” is exactly a reliable source...

https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/...ery/index.html

Comment

From their “About” page:

Worldometers.info Disclaimer and Terms of Service

Information on this web site is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the web site or the information, products, services, or graphics contained on the web site for any purpose including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.

Comment

I prefer websites which account for motorcycle accidents.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X