X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    From a Celtic girls parent
    If your child is not one of the 60 or so kids who are talented enough to play ECNL in Pinellas County then Celtic is a good option . The club is mid sized and I believe has a team at every age group . The DOC is young and talented . His father was a head coach at Celtic and he has obviously grown up with a good good knowledge of how to run a soccer club . Training is pretty good and for the most part the coaching staff is up to par .
    My kid isn't good enough play at the very top level of youth soccer and will not play D1 soccer but the training she is receiving at Celtic will give her the option to play college at some level if that is what she decides she wants .
    On a side note I think we are very fortunate in West Florida there are a lot of good clubs where your child can play .
    My God, you know nothing about soccer do you? There are way too many soccer clubs in the Tampa bay area. Most of the clubs like Celtic, are not any good and play other poor competition. They are soccer talent killers. I know kids that have been at Celtic their whole soccer lives and they never developed and could have had they left that dead end of a club. Has Celtic ever even had someone get a college soccer scholarship? A previous post just said that there are 20 to 30 kids at Celtic, right now, that could play DA level soccer. What are you people smoking over there? I have met many Celtic parents and they all have no idea about soccer. The Celtic soccer moms and dads are so freakin clueless, they have never played soccer or watched soccer, so this is what you get.

Comment

From a Celtic girls parent
      If your child is not one of the 60 or so kids who are talented enough to play ECNL in Pinellas County then Celtic is a good option . The club is mid sized and I believe has a team at every age group . The DOC is young and talented . His father was a head coach at Celtic and he has obviously grown up with a good good knowledge of how to run a soccer club . Training is pretty good and for the most part the coaching staff is up to par .
      My kid isn't good enough play at the very top level of youth soccer and will not play D1 soccer but the training she is receiving at Celtic will give her the option to play college at some level if that is what she decides she wants .
      On a side note I think we are very fortunate in West Florida there are a lot of good clubs where your child can play .
      When someone says "On a side note I think we are very fortunate in West Florida there are a lot of good clubs where your child can play", you know that their club is barely above a rec program and they are just happy their nonathletic boot and scoot kid can have new friends and don't have any idea that the quality of the soccer, is just plain crap.

Comment

Since you mentioned it.

http://floridaceltic.com/college-id-...ly-11-13-2018/

3 girls off the current u19s have signed. 2 more who are 2000s have verbally committed. One of the 2003s travels to Orlando this evening as she has been invited to tryout for the USYNT.

Comment

Since you mentioned it.

3 girls off the current u19s have signed. 2 more who are 2000s have verbally committed. One of the 2003s travels to Orlando this evening as she has been invited to tryout for the USYNT.
          I was more talking about the boys side of things, but ok, I'll bite. The link you sent is just about a college id money grab by club camp. Where is the proof, an announcement by your club, anything that state some of your girls (pretty damn easy to get a girls soccer scholarship). Put a link from a college that make the announcement, anything.

Comment

I was more talking about the boys side of things, but ok, I'll bite. The link you sent is just about a college id money grab by club camp. Where is the proof, an announcement by your club, anything that state some of your girls (pretty damn easy to get a girls soccer scholarship). Put a link from a college that make the announcement, anything.
            https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...59093647533935

https://m.facebook.com/CelticFcFlori...337220/?type=3

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...59093647533935

Comment

Girls scholarships are a dime a dozen. Why don't you give me some that have gotten boys soccer scholarships? Any club can get a girls scholarship.

Comment

Since you mentioned it.

Lol, you just made someone look like a complete Fool.

Comment

I guess getting an invite to try out for the national team is a dime a dozen as well.....

Comment

I guess getting an invite to try out for the national team is a dime a dozen as well.....
                    If that is to the National Training Center, then yes, it is a dime a dozen. If she was invited to train as part of the national pool for like a week, then she is good, or they think she is good. I suspect it is an NTC, which is no big deal and further illustrates your lack of youth soccer knowledge, since you clearly think it is a big deal.

Comment

Getting invited to an NTC is almost prestigious as being invited to Alabama with ODP. Many more levels to go.

Comment

It’s an ID camp its not for the national team. Get real

Comment

If that is to the National Training Center, then yes, it is a dime a dozen. If she was invited to train as part of the national pool for like a week, then she is good, or they think she is good. I suspect it is an NTC, which is no big deal and further illustrates your lack of youth soccer knowledge, since you clearly think it is a big deal.
                          Also just so you know there are other players at your club who have attended the NTC in the past and they will tell you its nothing to do with the national team like your post suggests. Please post reality not wishful thinking or even lies

Comment

Another useless league...the scores and meaningful games is a joke.

Comment

The Celtic club is made up of parents that are easily duped, by club coaches and staff, into thinking that they are at a top club. Heck, even the name of the club will tell you that. Oh yea, your really at Celtic alright. Your at a club whose name is a marketing gimmick. Every parent that I have met whose kid plays at Celtic, knows absolutely nothing about soccer and have no idea of what it looks like. The pull from the most uneducated soccer part of the county and the kids that come there from out of geographic area, are kids that couldn't make it at other clubs. Every time that I see those ugly irish green and white jerseys, I throw up in my mouth a little.

Comment

The Celtic club is made up of parents that are easily duped, by club coaches and staff, into thinking that they are at a top club. Heck, even the name of the club will tell you that. Oh yea, your really at Celtic alright. Your at a club whose name is a marketing gimmick. Every parent that I have met whose kid plays at Celtic, knows absolutely nothing about soccer and have no idea of what it looks like. The pull from the most uneducated soccer part of the county and the kids that come there from out of geographic area, are kids that couldn't make it at other clubs. Every time that I see those ugly irish green and white jerseys, I throw up in my mouth a little.
                                The irony in this post is delectable.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X