X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Did Clive have a degree?
    Maybe not academic, but he was a good man.

Comment

Did Clive have a degree?
      He had a UK passport, which at the time made him an expert.

Comment

He had a UK passport, which at the time made him an expert.
        LOL, still does!!

Comment

Just to put things into proper perspective.

Jesuit HS today would destroy any iteration of NAIA Concordia or D2.

NAIA women’s soccer colleges: A college experience that fits many needs
          For many student-athletes, the charm of NAIA women’s soccer colleges comes from their smaller class sizes and overall flexibility between athletics, academics and a social life. Here are a few key points that make NAIA women’s soccer colleges unique:

The campus and class size. NAIA women’s soccer schools tend to have smaller campuses and class sizes, and many student-athletes prefer to get to know their professors. There can also be a strong sense of community, rather than feeling like just a number in a sea of students.
          Flexibility in the recruiting process. The NAIA leaves recruiting up to the colleges—there’s no recruiting calendars or rules to memorize. Coaches at NAIA women’s soccer schools can recruit at any time and by any means they see fit. NAIA schools can be a good option for athletes who bloomed later or got their recruiting process started later.
          The balance between athletics, academics and a social life. NAIA women’s soccer colleges are known for their ability to accommodate student-athletes’ interests. If student-athletes want to study abroad, have an on-campus job or join another extracurricular activity, an NAIA women’s soccer college might be a good fit for them.
          NAIA schools offer student-athletes the opportunity to be just that: students and athletes. While they’ll be expected to train hard and play harder, they can take advantage of the other activities college has to offer. Plus, they’ll be surrounded by a close-knit community of students, professors, administrative staff and athletes.

compared to Division I

NCAA Division 1 women’s soccer colleges: Compete at the highest level
          D1 college women’s soccer colleges are known for their competitive teams and athletic rigor. Here are a few distinguishing factors of D1 women’s soccer colleges:

The highest level of athletic competition. For many student-athletes, the allure of competing at the D1 level lies in wanting to play against the best athletes. While there are tremendous athletes at every level, D1 college women’s soccer teams will have the deepest bench, and the average level of competition will usually be higher than the other division levels.
          The largest athletic budgets. It’s no coincidence that D1 college women’s soccer teams often have the newest equipment and the best facilities. They tend to have larger athletic budgets and can often spend more money on their sports teams.
          Large campus and class sizes. At the D1 level, student-athletes will likely be on a campus with thousands of other students. Especially freshman year, student-athletes will have large lectures and may be taught by a teaching assistant, or someone other than their professor. This means athletes need to really stay on top of their schoolwork.
          On D1 college women’s soccer teams, athletes will find serious competitors who were likely the best athletes on their own club and high school teams. They’ll be in the spotlight, competing and practicing year-round. If a student-athlete is ready to really commit to their sport, D1 might the right division level for them.

Worlds apart.

Thanks for the laugh.
          I am a Jesuit “homer” and Jesuit would get destroyed by Concordia. They would give up double digits goals

Comment

I am a Jesuit “homer” and Jesuit would get destroyed by Concordia. They would give up double digits goals
            I am not sure double digits, but outplayed by a long shot? YES.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2374676]I am a Jesuit “homer” and Jesuit would get destroyed by Concordia. They would give up double digits goals[/QUOTE

The senior and even junior class of D1 talent is at Jesuit HS today. They are not changing much physically or mentally over the next 8-20mos before they start training on a d1 college Campus in late July 2019 or 2020.

This is fully formed d1 talent.

Concordia gets the kids that aren't selected for the 350 D1 girls schools.

You have a double digit Soccer IQ.

Comment

I am not sure double digits, but outplayed by a long shot? YES.
                Couldn't agree more. That is not to take away from U of J. It's just completely different. Like comparing the best college football team to the worst NFL team. It wouldn't be close.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2374724]
                  I am a Jesuit “homer” and Jesuit would get destroyed by Concordia. They would give up double digits goals[/QUOTE

The senior and even junior class of D1 talent is at Jesuit HS today. They are not changing much physically or mentally over the next 8-20mos before they start training on a d1 college Campus in late July 2019 or 2020.

come on, this is just a ridiculous statement. We can do better here.

Comment

I am a Jesuit “homer” and Jesuit would get destroyed by Concordia. They would give up double digits goals[/QUOTE

I am a parent of one of those Jesuit kids that was offered a d1 spot and trust me a game wouldn’t between UofJ and Concordia wouldn’t be close. BTW several of Concordia’s players were offered D1 spots and some have even played D1

Comment

Jesuit and Concordia could have a friendly. I think it would be close but Concordia would get the win in pks.

Comment

Sad for Linus. He's a great guy, sounds like he didn't have a lot to work with this year.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2374738]

I am a parent of one of those Jesuit kids that was offered a d1 spot and trust me a game wouldn’t between UofJ and Concordia wouldn’t be close. BTW several of Concordia’s players were offered D1 spots and some have even played D1
                          I have a kid at Concordia, full time starter and she couldn't crack the top 11 at Jesuit HS.

Not sure what the score would be, but it wouldn't be double digits to either side. It would be a great test for Concordia, really not worth playing since we could lose with their talent pool being d1 ready.

We play Western Washington who gives us all we can handle.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2375062]

I have a kid at Concordia, full time starter and she couldn't crack the top 11 at Jesuit HS.

Not sure what the score would be, but it wouldn't be double digits to either side. It would be a great test for Concordia, really not worth playing since we could lose with their talent pool being d1 ready.

We play Western Washington who gives us all we can handle.
                            No, Concordia would easily win. You don’t have a kid at Concordia.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2375091]

No, Concordia would easily win. You don’t have a kid at Concordia.
                              You are right, don't fall into this persons trap. They know they would get beat badly by CU. And its obvious they don't have a kid there. In fact I'm not even sure if they can beat Clackamas tomorrow.

Comment

Says the JHigh Mom who hasn’t even seen Concordia play. Several of the Concordia women played D1, but have transferred. The back line at Jesuit is borderline awful. The only 2 solid players JHigh has is midfielder and forward, but Concordia’s Midfielder and 3 forwards would run circles around JHigh.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X