CT Sportsplex Dome

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ben is a good coach but he is a terrible administrator and that is why Shoreline is in this mess. They can't hold on to coaches, they keep bringing in Rec. Players and they cost too much. Shoreline has a huge problem that has doomed them from the start: they have a parent branch in Greenwich that wants money and talent funneled to them and they have too many coaches trying to make a living off of coaching youth soccer. They are not going to turn this ship around, stick a fork in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Ben is a good coach but he is a terrible administrator and that is why Shoreline is in this mess. They can't hold on to coaches, they keep bringing in Rec. Players and they cost too much. Shoreline has a huge problem that has doomed them from the start: they have a parent branch in Greenwich that wants money and talent funneled to them and they have too many coaches trying to make a living off of coaching youth soccer. They are not going to turn this ship around, stick a fork in them.
      There are shoreline kids driving to Greenwich to play there. Makes sense?

Comment

Wasn't there talk last year of GPS taking over Shoreline? GPS have not been able to get into CT. This might be Shorelines best move. They won't be able to compete as they exist today.

Comment

Wasn't there talk last year of GPS taking over Shoreline? GPS have not been able to get into CT. This might be Shorelines best move. They won't be able to compete as they exist today.
          GPS can barely field a decent product in MA never mind CT. What's to takeover in CT? Certainly not the No. Branford organization.

Comment

Shoreline were using GPS coaches so I think people assumed a buyout was in the making. There is not much to buy. N Branford Shoreline is an embarrassment and Greenwich is a shadow of what it used to be. I hope they turn it around because boutique clubs are needed. However, they should shut the N Branford operation down and re-calibrate. That is a complete cluster!

Comment

Shoreline were using GPS coaches so I think people assumed a buyout was in the making. There is not much to buy. N Branford Shoreline is an embarrassment and Greenwich is a shadow of what it used to be. I hope they turn it around because boutique clubs are needed. However, they should shut the N Branford operation down and re-calibrate. That is a complete cluster!
              I like DS at Greenwich. Nice guy. Good with kids. He had a tough time at the high school level. But he's positive and constructive with the Ulittles.

Comment

I agree, he is a good coach and has a solid club in Greenwich. I think the premise of creating another branch and to expand was a good one but the execution was terrible. The N Branford branch got off to a good start but they got greedy. N Branford Shoreline is now a dumpster fire. They will graduate the one good team they have after this Spring. They are scouring Branford and other towns, desperately bringing in inadequate players. It just makes the situation worse. Bad product on the field, terrible reputation, you only get one chance to make a first impression!!

Comment

GPS can barely field a decent product in MA never mind CT. What's to takeover in CT? Certainly not the No. Branford organization.
                  That's how GPS usually gets a foothold. They take over an existing club and then build out.

Comment

GPS has a strong presence in RI and MA. Have not been able to crack into CT. Shoreline is a likely acquisition. However, it would have to include Greenwich. N Branford would not be a prudent purchase. There is nothing left.

Comment

I thought the talk was GPS was taking over Sporting??

Comment

I thought the talk was GPS was taking over Sporting??
                        I think that was one of the many Sporting rumors last spring, that and they were merging with OW. lol. Sporting wishes they got bought out by somebody/

Comment

I think that was one of the many Sporting rumors last spring, that and they were merging with OW. lol. Sporting wishes they got bought out by somebody/
                          OW bid for sporting didn't fly.

Sporting now trying to buy FSA

Comment

OW bid for sporting didn't fly.

Sporting now trying to buy FSA
                            I heard its a done deal just in time for xmas. Sporting got an ECNL badge and a full indoor and outdoor facility. They just have to wrap it up and put a big bow on it at this point.

Comment

I heard its a done deal just in time for xmas. Sporting got an ECNL badge and a full indoor and outdoor facility. They just have to wrap it up and put a big bow on it at this point.
                              Sporting is toast. Comical in fact. You need a tri-axle of top soil to simply fill in the holes at Country CluB rd. One field in front actually slopes 10 feet. It's a mess. No quality plays there

Comment

I really don't think Sporting is that horrible. They are definitely better than some of their local competitor like SCP, Shoreline and Ginga.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X