• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    3rd?

NFL, NBA, MLB Top 3 by a mile.

NHL probably next.

Then Soccer, LAX, Rock Climbing, X Games.....
    lol meant to say 4th, maybe even 5th (NHL fanbase is more regional). Definitely not 3rd. Third would be a big step up. Maybe in 15 years it will be #3

Comment

lol meant to say 4th, maybe even 5th (NHL fanbase is more regional). Definitely not 3rd. Third would be a big step up. Maybe in 15 years it will be #3
      For the most part the woman’s game is boring. As a fan if Feel I can run faster or do somewhat close to what they can do I don’t want to pay to see it. The womans’s game Needs individual stars who can do amazing things. Like Marta. The others are boring.

Comment

For the most part the woman’s game is boring. As a fan if Feel I can run faster or do somewhat close to what they can do I don’t want to pay to see it. The womans’s game Needs individual stars who can do amazing things. Like Marta. The others are boring.
        slow slow slow. If I've got limited recreational time and dollars, watching women's soccer isn't where I'm spending.

Comment

More on Boston: https://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/featu...utm_m_medium=t

One sign of optimism is that newer owners are more ambitious; however, women's professional soccer has had a run with an ambitious approach . . .didn't end well.

Only solution may be for more MLS clubs to add the Women's side. Timbers/Thorns is working. However, Sporting KC passed on the NWSL; disappointing. Or, large youth clubs. End of the day though, competing with lots for TV eyeballs.

KC and Breakers both had GDA teams - correct?

Comment

3rd?

NFL, NBA, MLB Top 3 by a mile.

NHL probably next.

Then Soccer, LAX, Rock Climbing, X Games.....

https://s8.postimg.org/qt82aekvp/spo...ue_revenue.jpg

MLS is so far behind the real sports it's not even funny.

Comment

Interesting except for the "real sports" comment. Obviously if you look only at the US it's not close between soccer and football,baseball, basketball or hockey, but referring to those as "real sports" is a pretty narrow viewpoint. If you add it up by sport, as opposed to by league, however, soccer is at the top.

As an aside, I'm always surprised by the size and value of the NHL.

Comment

What are the chances NWSL survives?

Comment

Fed is behind it (subsidizing salaries), so think some version of it will survive. However, it is possible it will be worse than it is today.

Good news with Reign, Breakers, Western NY, KC is that they all played in appropriate sized stadiums for the crowd. The only way NWSL survives is they TRY to follow Timbers/Thorns model - shared staff/stadium, etc with MLS teams (there might be some large youth clubs that could support a pro women's team, but probably not if salaries continue to rise). However, No city in the country will draw what Portland does for women's soccer; so we have the prospect of 200 fans showing up for a game at Gillette.

Comment

15% survival

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X