Opportunity Gap

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idiot - a republican started the FDA - I know there were two Presdients named Roosevelt but get your facts straight - typical elitist liberal

Roosevelt helped the wellbeing of people by passing laws such as The Meat Inspection Act of 1906 and The Pure Food and Drug Act. The Meat Inspection Act of 1906 banned misleading labels and preservatives that contained harmful chemicals. The Pure Food and Drug Act banned food and drugs that are impure or falsely labeled from being made, sold, and shipped. Roosevelt was also served as honorary president of the school health organization American School Hygiene Association from 1907 to 1908, and in 1909 he convened the first White House Conference on the Care of Dependent Children

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      You don't understand the hypocricy of simultaneously accepting and complaing about entitlements?

Typical teanut thinking. You complain about the cost of government without thinking about the costs and impact of shrinking it.

Last year I was at a town budget meeting and some fat doddering old fool was complaining about his property taxes and the fact that they were not fair because he doesn't have any kids in HS.

I stood up and told him that I resented having to fund EMT's and ambulances that will be needed when his lardbutt causes a major cardiac infarction.
      once again for the slow people out there I have taken from me $$$ every week for SOCIAL SECURITY not for the general fund. I paid it is mine. I would prefer to be able to invest it myself but I am too stupid to be trusted with it. It is free spending liberals who have stlen the money from the fund.

Why exactly have disability claims against SS by people WHO HAVE NEVER PAID A CENT gone up:

About 11 million people receive disability benefits from Social Security, an increase of more than 23 percent over the past five years. Benefits average a little less than $1,000 a month.

About 8.2 million people receive Supplemental Security Income, a disability program for poor people who don't have substantial work histories. SSI benefits average a little more than $500 a month
      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-w...ty-disability/

Comment

You mean the 3% of GDP that NATO requires (extorts) for the privilege of membership in an organization that protects them from a threat that ceased to exist 15 years ago?

Let's see all the evil stuff that liberalism has done: 1) allowed women the right to vote and make choices about birth control, 2) eliminated child labor, 3) abolished slavery, 4) established social security (have you opted out of getting checks?) 5) established OSHA to protect workers, set limits on how much you can be forced to work, 6) set a minimum wage, 7) built the Hoover Dam, the TVA, and the National Park System, 7) eliminated trusts and monopolies (price fixing), 8) set minimum standards of quality for drugs and food, 8) built the interstate highway system which made living in the suburbs possible, 9) clean air and clean water act which among other species allowed the Bald Eagle to avoid extinction from the impact of industrial waste and pollution.

Just to mention a few.
        1. Children used to be raised by husbands and wives. Today they are raised by mothers and fathers, grandparents , " relationships " , strangers, etc. 75 % of children born in the inner city are to unwed mothers. 44 % nationally. Thanks to Liberalism with program after program to contribute to it. 30 million condoms are given away free every year in New York City. SDS rates in low income areas are at epidemic proportions. Obesity rates are highest in areas with the highest % of Food Stamp usage, another Liberal expanded program.

2. Eliminated Child labor in the US, but fuels child obesity and lack of fathers by encouraging negative behavior.

3. Democrats were the last people on the bus when it came to Civil Rights.

4. Social Security, the Ponzi scheme of all time. a model that if was proposed by private industry would be shut down. And FDR started it as temporary, and the withdrawals weren't to be anywhere near the rates of today. FDR also rasied and created excise taxes which hurt other areas of the economy. His spokewheel cabinet increased the footprint of government.

5.well, then you have to give Nixon credit for starting the EPA.

6. Set a minimum wage. Actually on the surface it sounds good, but in some ways it can keep employemnt levels down. Every time the Gov't tampers with it, it puts pressure on businesses, so they hire less workers.

7. It would have been built anyway, it just might have taken longer. The National Park system is in shambles the Community Reinvestment Act, Clinton and Dems lowered the standards for mortgages , and it all fell to pieces. Yeah, Reagan too, read The Great American Stick up for info.

And today they are printing money, boosting the Stock market and killiing anyone that is trying to save. Remember what you used to get on a Savings Account or CD for interest ?

8.The intersate Highway system was a grab by 3 specific industries, and the rail roads were left out of the picture. Now that mass transit is fashionable to Libs they will spend 100 times the money that could have been spent originally. Meanwhile, the cities have been depressed ,and millions more spent on urban renewal and programs to get people , other than the rich and poor to live there. The middle class pulled out long ago, because of the Libs cowtowing to Unions , whose workers retirement and benefits makes the private sector jobs a joke, and is pushing cities into bankruptcy.

9 I told you that Nixon started the EPA.

Comment

And by the way, the "American culture" is greater today than at any point in its history. You can't stuff progress back in the bottle, which is what all you Limbaughs and Palins and McConnells are so desperately trying to do. To be both stupid AND desperate is a cross you guys really shouldn't have to bear. I feel for you.
          Oh yes, you must be so right. You mean the " American culture" like the NFL ? That's where murders, beatings, drug use , and criminal activity is referenced as " off the field problems " while the public stares at the screen, or goes to the stadium to encounter puking beligerant drunks.

Comment

and don't forget prime time TV, If that is a reflection of the culture this country is already dead.

Comment

Mitt Romney. What a phony.

Obama for 4 more years, and then Hillary for 8.

Checkmate.
              Hand me a barf bag.

Comment

I suppose if I live long enough, I might actually see a liberal demonstrate the ability to engage in thoughtful and effective debate. Whether or not I see a liberal come out on top, doubtful.

Keep the straw man and ad hominems coming though. I especially like the broad brush strokes that to be a conservative is evil in so many different flavors, i.e., sexist, racist, etc.

Liberals grand mistake is thinking that conservatives are any of those things instead of understanding that it's merely a question what should government's role be. Ironically, I'm a raging environmentalist, as in conservationist, I just don't believe towns should be in the business of outlawing plastic bags at my local grocer with the misguided notion that they're helping me help the environment...when nothing could be further from the truth.

Comment

If you mean Obama the community organizer poverty pimp than yes I do think I have a better understanding and I would have to say Mitch does as well. This country was a far better place in the 1950s than it is now and all your liberal whining can’t change that. If I am not mistaken in the 1950s a tax payer payed $1 out of every $20 in taxes and now it is 1 in 5. No wonder why kids were better behaved – mom was home to watch them. As far as “brilliant minds” running colleges, how else can the electorate be dumbed down to the point where it is today other than by “education”. Thank God I went to college as an adult and was already the victim of government extortion before I heard the crap being slung around in the mandatory classes. People today that are under 40 are sufferers of Stockholm syndrome and have been completely brainwashed by their captors – the K-22 education system. The young kids today that go to government schools are really screwed. FYI for your clouded vision take a look at the best and worst run states for 2012. I believe the top 5 are red states and the bottom 5 are blue except for 1.
                  Just blows my mind as to what has happened to the Golden State of California. Ranked 49th in the country according to the 2011 NEAP results. The only state worse is Mississippi. And now in an attempt to fix their fiscal problems they've raised taxes, but instead of increasing revenues, revenues are alling like a lead balloon.

Comment

The cuonterculture of the 60's is close to mainstrream American culture today. It has taken over 40 years, but he lefties gave up the bombs and violence and took their time spreading their Gospel of Liberalism, progressive views, whatever you want to call it in higher education. Sex , drugs and what is left of Rock & Roll, now replaced by Hip Hop mishmash . Take a look at who is going to the White House these days. Geitner and Sharpton, two tax cheats, advising Obama on Tax issues. Why not invite Rangel and Dashel ? Then for your cultural celebration, have Led Zepplin stop by to be praised. Forget about the facts, massive drug & alcohol use, underage girls used for sex , vandalism etc. Something to be proud of for sure.

Hang out with Jay Z lately Obama ? Let's put up some of the lyrics to his songs, where the problems of the comminity at large are glorified and worshipped. Guns, n word, disrepect for women, the thug life...it's all cool, because the Prez is cool. Bring along Beyonce , 'casue Obama has said about her" I can't think of a better role model for my daughters" With all the great women in Amercian History, that's all you could come up with ?
                    Hey, don't forget his latest visitor, PSY, who promoted the killing of Americans including women and children. But hey, it's all good in Obama's eyes.

Comment

The devil incarnate of both political parties is the lure and lust for bloated government.

Structural Deficits.

Liberals, typically democrats (because republicans like to talk small government, but their just whores of a different breed), like to paint conservatives with the hyperbolic anti-government label (see the prior example that defending "big government" by citing interstate highways).

I'm fairly certain that the most libertarian among us would opt for a solid slate of services from the federal government that went even beyond road, currency and a military, and simply prefers spending well within our means than blowing trillions without regard for those means.

So before espousing the so-called harm of shrinking government by some unknown quantity, suggesting that it's even implausible, make an affirmative case why don't you for running trillion-plus dollar deficits and the good that's doing anyone.

That's the key difference between the two - the deflection and inability to make the affirmative case. Liberals can't do it. Next time a liberal can articulate the virtues of their plan, cite results as support for their case, and not blame either on someone else along the way to justify any lack of results, feel free to copy and paste it here. I'd love to see it.

Comment

I suppose if I live long enough, I might actually see a liberal demonstrate the ability to engage in thoughtful and effective debate. Whether or not I see a liberal come out on top, doubtful.

Keep the straw man and ad hominems coming though. I especially like the broad brush strokes that to be a conservative is evil in so many different flavors, i.e., sexist, racist, etc.

Liberals grand mistake is thinking that conservatives are any of those things instead of understanding that it's merely a question what should government's role be. Ironically, I'm a raging environmentalist, as in conservationist, I just don't believe towns should be in the business of outlawing plastic bags at my local grocer with the misguided notion that they're helping me help the environment...when nothing could be further from the truth.
                        BTDT, stick to U15 girls please.

And maybe we would have a different view of conservatism if the face of conservatism presented so publicly wasn't so blatantly racist and misogynist. And even the allegedly sane ones are too scared to detach themselves from the hard-care right wing interest groups.

Comment

Hey, don't forget his latest visitor, PSY, who promoted the killing of Americans including women and children. But hey, it's all good in Obama's eyes.
                          I think Obama is doing just fine. Columbia, Harvard Law, head of Harvard Law Review, marries Princeton grad, US Senator, Prez for 8 years, 2 great kids, fine woman to spend his life with, multi-millionaire, and untold millions to come. Adored by billions world-wide. I'd say he did OK for himself, even if he didn't play DAP.

Comment

Because not all Republicans are stupid but all stupid people are Republicans.
                            That's why the Democrats make a point of registering low income, low education voters, because despite their lowly place in society, they are really smaht and know who to vote for.

Comment

How's those defense mechanisms of Europe doing? How about the rest of the world. the reason you have what you have is beacause of the might of the Defense capabilities of America. We should pull all our bases from the rest of the world and wait and see what happens. There's your budget cuts. The EU is on the skids, and the reoval of our bases there would shatter their local economies.

We have dumped more and more $$$ into Education in the bottomless pit of the DOE. Back in the 50's, the avergage class had over 40, one teacher. Children were PREPARED for school , were more in focus, and discipline was not the issue that it is today. Libs are against any change to the Union controlled education system, the worse schools in the country being in Washington DC , but Obama's kids don't go to those schools. No vouchers for the kids in DC to maybe get another education.

Anyone proud to be a Liberal is ignorant of the damge that Liberlism has done to what was once a great American culture. It has been a slow rot. And the sad part, you have been played and don't even know it. According to whatthe US Government now considers " poor" in America, their lifestyle is superior to the average middle class European. The more Libs wring their hands and open up the Treasury , the more the takers will take.
                              I'll second that. Good post.

Comment

I'll second that. Good post.
                                Third!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X