Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it typical for teams to stop playing in the State Cup

I noticed a good number of top teams in the 05 age group dropped out: Clarkstown, LI Premier, SUSA EDP.

It's a direct result of EDP's move to USYSA passes.

In years past EDP teams already had US Club passes so they only had to layout $395 to play in the NY Cup.

With EDP teams now using USYSA passes, they would have to dual-card and also get US Club passes to play in the NY Cup. If you had to pay for 16 players ($24 each) and 3 coaches ($25 each) on top of the $395 team fee, you're spending a total of $854 to get what might only be 3 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      It's a direct result of EDP's move to USYSA passes.

In years past EDP teams already had US Club passes so they only had to layout $395 to play in the NY Cup.

With EDP teams now using USYSA passes, they would have to dual-card and also get US Club passes to play in the NY Cup. If you had to pay for 16 players ($24 each) and 3 coaches ($25 each) on top of the $395 team fee, you're spending a total of $854 to get what might only be 3 games.
      EDP Teams will be playing in the original State Cup thats run by ENY

Comment

Really stupid not trying to find a way to combine the two...

Comment

Isn’t that largely made up of town travel teams?

Comment

Now there's a state cup for everyone!

Comment

I think it came down to choice and whether it was worth it as I saw EDP teams in the alignments that were released yesterday.

Comment

With the EDP teams now joining in, the quality of the ENY cup has been upped considerably.

Comment

Agreed. In the past the state cup was a great opportunity for NYCSL/NPL teams to play EDP teams.

Comment

With the EDP teams now joining in, the quality of the ENY cup has been upped considerably.
                    Not really. Now it's tons of town travel teams that have no chance to win and only 3-4 teams that do. Barely moves the needle on overall quality and destroys competitive balance.

Comment

Not really. Now it's tons of town travel teams that have no chance to win and only 3-4 teams that do. Barely moves the needle on overall quality and destroys competitive balance.
                      It's mandatory for Premier I teams to enter the cup and one would assume that many of the Premier II teams would choose to enter the cup so I have no idea why you think that only 3 or 4 quality teams would be taking part.

Comment

It's mandatory for Premier I teams to enter the cup and one would assume that many of the Premier II teams would choose to enter the cup so I have no idea why you think that only 3 or 4 quality teams would be taking part.
                        I think we're talking about different cups - I was thinking this was about the ENY Arch Cup, not the EDP Cup.

Realizing now it's about the EDP League Cup -- I think.

Comment

I think we're talking about different cups - I was thinking this was about the ENY Arch Cup, not the EDP Cup.

Realizing now it's about the EDP League Cup -- I think.
                          ENY always ran two versions of state cup. The Arch Cup was for younger/lower division teams while the other, I want to say it was called National Cup or something like that, was for the top tier USYSA teams. And that is the one that EDP teams will be entering.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X