•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    so 5 left and 5 came back?
    sounds like a push
    Did GHS have any major wins last year? They barely won some games in their own conference last season. Is next years team same or better?

Comment

Yeah...a 4-2 pk loss in the semis was difficult. Will they be better? They started 8 sophomores

Comment

Yeah...a 4-2 pk loss in the semis was difficult. Will they be better? They started 8 sophomores
        Once you are branded a loser, it is hard to break out of the mold.

Look at st joes. Those girls are winners, year in and year out.

Comment

Once you are branded a loser, it is hard to break out of the mold.

Look at st joes. Those girls are winners, year in and year out.
          Knee slapper. Piece of shaite

Comment

GHS had 2 ties and 2 losses last year...in the regular season, didnt they? After going on a 3year undefeated trek. So why the breakdown last year and compared to this coming year?

Comment

GHS had 2 ties and 2 losses last year...in the regular season, didnt they? After going on a 3year undefeated trek. So why the breakdown last year and compared to this coming year?
              Just an adjustment year and loss of some key players for GDA .... they will be fine in the future.

Comment

Nobody left. 5 players have decided to leave Oakwood to play at GHS.
                Hope they make the team....I could see JF making a point and cutting them.

Comment

Hope they make the team....I could see JF making a point and cutting them.
                  Oh really, could you see that? Come on! Like HS trumps club. JF knows his place and also wants the best team possible.

Comment

Oh really, could you see that? Come on! Like HS trumps club. JF knows his place and also wants the best team possible.
                    They have a pretty deep talent pool over at GHS. Are the 5 coming back impact players? If no, then I would say their fate is a ?

Comment

They have a pretty deep talent pool over at GHS. Are the 5 coming back impact players? If no, then I would say their fate is a ?
                      GHS are done. It's over.

Comment

Staples
                        St joes
                        Ridgefield
                        Mcmahon
                        Wilton
                        Warde
                        Trumbull
                        Ludlowe
                        Darien
                        New Canaan
                        West hill
                        Greenwich
                        Norwalk
                        Stamford
                        Trinity
                        Central

Comment

Maybe with Malloy's new transgender order there will be a shake up in Connecticut soccer. Lib towns like West Hartford will rush to put some guy on a girls team.

Comment

Maybe with Malloy's new transgender order there will be a shake up in Connecticut soccer. Lib towns like West Hartford will rush to put some guy on a girls team.
                            Don’t laugh, it’s already happening. One of my kids runs HS track and at the State Open meet on Monday a transgender sophomore boy who identifies as a girl just won the 100m and 200m State Open title, advancing on to the New England championship (and quite likely Nationals). Not only did they win the two events, they smashed the State Open girls record in both events. Guess who finished second in the 100m? Another transgender boy identifying as a girl.

Look, I fully support their decisions and can’t possibly imagine how difficult their struggle has been. However, this scenario simply isn’t fair in sports. The girls running those events didn’t stand a chance. I’m not sure what the solution is, this is all so new, but these two individuals took away spots from two other girls advancing on to the New England championships.

This will happen in soccer and basketball, etc as well, it’s not a matter of if, it’s a matter of when.

Comment

Don’t laugh, it’s already happening. One of my kids runs HS track and at the State Open meet on Monday a transgender sophomore boy who identifies as a girl just won the 100m and 200m State Open title, advancing on to the New England championship (and quite likely Nationals). Not only did they win the two events, they smashed the State Open girls record in both events. Guess who finished second in the 100m? Another transgender boy identifying as a girl.

Look, I fully support their decisions and can’t possibly imagine how difficult their struggle has been. However, this scenario simply isn’t fair in sports. The girls running those events didn’t stand a chance. I’m not sure what the solution is, this is all so new, but these two individuals took away spots from two other girls advancing on to the New England championships.

This will happen in soccer and basketball, etc as well, it’s not a matter of if, it’s a matter of when.

I agree. I support these kids and their journey as well, but I also support my own kid who has busted her hump to make varsity soccer. If she gets knocked off or no longer gets PT due to a male who identifies as a female, that's not fair to her, the team, or the competition.

Trans composite team, perhaps? Kind of like unified sports. At least the playing field would be level.

Comment

If I recall correctly the 100/200 champ was competing prior to any hormone replacement or gender modification surgery.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X