Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 11-09-2017
Unregistered

Default PDP winter training

Kid got invited to join this pdp thing anybody got the scoop?
Old 11-09-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What age group? Much better for the younger ages as the older player pool decreases. Training is good but very expensive due to the indoor space.
Old 11-10-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
PDP? what's that and where?
Old 11-10-2017
Unregistered

why do you think the player pool decreases as older? I know academy players aren't supposed to do, but feel like many do it anyway.
Old 11-10-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
why do you think the player pool decreases as older? I know academy players aren't supposed to do, but feel like many do it anyway.
DA aren't supposed and ECNl attendance drops as well. Mine was U14 last year and the group was good but small compared to the younger ones. Great training. Wish we had gotten involved sooner. Unfortunately in the spring it's really tough to fit in extra trainings on top of club, travel etc but the winter quiet time is a great time to work on things
Old 11-10-2017
Unregistered

anyone's academy kid get in trouble for doing. i feel like now that academy lowered to U12, many of the 11 and 12 year olds are doing both.
Old 11-10-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
DA aren't supposed and ECNl attendance drops as well. Mine was U14 last year and the group was good but small compared to the younger ones. Great training. Wish we had gotten involved sooner. Unfortunately in the spring it's really tough to fit in extra trainings on top of club, travel etc but the winter quiet time is a great time to work on things
Winter training cost is double the other seasons- Indoor rentals make it more expensive.
Old 11-10-2017
Unregistered

New to this, what is PDP
Old 11-10-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Lots of kids from BWG, cedar starts, cosmos and TSF do it. I don't think any DA rule says no to it.
Old 11-10-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Lots of kids from BWG, cedar starts, cosmos and TSF do it. I don't think any DA rule says no to it.
Actually it isn't allowed as per the rules. Obviously some clubs look the other way, especially with the younger kids. NE Revs tossed an NT player for training in Germany over winter break.

4.Player Participation in Unapproved Outside Competitions: Academy Players must meet all attendance and participation requirements for training and games for their Academy team during the Academy Season. Failure to meet those requirements should result in removal from the Academy team. Academy Clubs may not permit any Academy Player to participate on a non-Academy team during the Academy Season. Academy Clubs will be held accountable for the actions of their players.The only permissible soccer related reasons to miss Development Academy activities is NationalTeam duty and U.S. Soccer Training Center participation.

https://ussoccer.app.box.com/s/38y02...n6k5t9zonsl97s