Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

That's a thoughtful, reasoned response. Certainly there are benefits to unstructured play and multiple sports - I can't disagree with that. But this discussion presumes a comparison between RDS Regional Teams and other academy's youth teams and all of those have fairly structured play/training and time commitments. There aren't really a lot of local opportunities for a lot of unstructured play with strong peers. So your points, while somewhat valid, don't really relate to the discussion of whether a 2007/08 is better of on RDS vs say, MO, WC, NYSC, FC, Beachside, PDA, CS etc.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Question for anyone who has a girl. I see a lot of this pertains to boys, has anyone done the girls COE program held her on Long Island ( at KK).
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What exactly makes the training excellent? No one is discussing this and Iím not convinced. Rds used to be a once a week supplementary class which as a supplement was great. Have rigor and structure for 2 hrs/ week or attend one of their rds camps. Or be on one of their tournament squads. Now itís full time for these players that are so young. At this age I think it is more important that the players experiment without fear and be as creative as possible. For most of these kids they will not end up in the professional circuit. Doesnít make sense to me that theyíre are so many 8, 9, 10 year olds in this system. Itís a moneymaker. The ones that thrive in it are those select few that have had the right conditions prior to joining this program (physical attributes, skill development, etc). Just think this curriculum and setting is not age appropriate...at least for US youth players who need more time to develop and find and harness their creativity. You have to know your kid before doing this, know that you are in it not for bragging rights but for the best option for your child and be honest about his abilities/ limitations. Most kids need more time in a less structured environment...especially in the US. And Im not even touching on the fact that these kids should multi sport up until a certain age. Single sport specific at age 8? Spells injury and burnout especially w the added pressure at such an age. Nycfc doing it better right now w their training centers. Rds put this program in place to generate more income and NO. Iím not LM. Too many kids in this restrictive stressful environment with huge commutes. Rds is HUGE. I donít think they care about your kid like you or think they do.
You've made a number of assumptions, all to the negative. How do you know they're not allowed freedom? How do you know they're not allowed to play other sports?

We're not making stuff up here -- there was an 05 team last year and, although my child did not play on it, all the feedback I've heard from parents whose kids did was overwhelmingly positive.

The 07 team plays in the EDP league with 6 other teams. Why are you singling out this program?
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
You've made a number of assumptions, all to the negative. How do you know they're not allowed freedom? How do you know they're not allowed to play other sports?

We're not making stuff up here -- there was an 05 team last year and, although my child did not play on it, all the feedback I've heard from parents whose kids did was overwhelmingly positive.

The 07 team plays in the EDP league with 6 other teams. Why are you singling out this program?
RDS is the best! It is absolutely the best 4k i have ever spent my money on. We are going to PA this weekend to scrimmage. Who else is doing that? The kids love it and I love watching him outsoccer other kids on the pitch.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Question for anyone who has a girl. I see a lot of this pertains to boys, has anyone done the girls COE program held her on Long Island ( at KK).
Yes. It will be half kk kids and the facility is a dump.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:

None of the 3 teams are as good as Kings Park Xtreme who is a local club. They will pummel RDS come the spring. You heard it hear first. KPE for Life!
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Yes. It will be half kk kids and the facility is a dump.
Training is good. I will take a good trainer in a dump over meh in fancy digs any day.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
None of the 3 teams are as good as Kings Park Xtreme who is a local club. They will pummel RDS come the spring. You heard it hear first. KPE for Life!
It's cool that you get enough time between classes to post messages here. 5th grade can be stressful!
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
It's cool that you get enough time between classes to post messages here. 5th grade can be stressful!
Intelligent observation. 5th grade is hard. Beating the snot out of the 3 rds teams is a walk in the park.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Intelligent observation. 5th grade is hard. Beating the snot out of the 3 rds teams is a walk in the park.
Guys.... save this for BOTN.... lets talk for real here... aren't your kids worth helping each other to get better, help each other to get info you all may need, or are you the people screaming at refs and players all game....

Stay on topic