Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yes - i think the prior poster confused. it's definitely NOT supplemental - its a full on team meant to compete with the academies' younger pre academy offerings. its separate from RDS training clinics, though you can do those if want a further extra day of training. we left a top academy's 2008 team for the RDS Team as my experience is the academy's focus best coaches/training on older academy teams and skimp on younger kids, basically viewing it as a money maker to subsidize older boys. Red Bulls seems to truly care about these younger kids' development, as they have a huge economic incentive if the program can even produce 1 home grown 1st team player every few years.
Waste of money. Better off staying with your club and then trying out for the DA teams in a year.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Waste of money. Better off staying with your club and then trying out for the DA teams in a year.
I was on the fence, but thus well-reasoned reply certainly convinced me!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Waste of money. Better off staying with your club and then trying out for the DA teams in a year.
Yep, better off keeping these extremely talented little ones where they will be the best player on their club team so they can score lots of goals for your club for another year or two while simultaneously reinforcing bad habits because they can get away with playing 1 vs everyone. I mean really, why would you want to challenge these kids by putting them with and against kids just as talented as themselves?? Besides, why would you want an entire year or two for your kid to be able to show what heís got? Better to hinge your bets on a day or two of tryouts because no kid ever has a bad day.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"waste of money" poster is an idiot. the RDS Teams are a bit cheaper than the academy clubs youth teams (Cedar Stars, PDA, WC, FC , Met Oval etc). So when you say better to "stay with your club" which club exactly do you mean. The town/ayso teams? If you keep them there and hope they can get on ANY DA at age 12 good luck to you - they will be WAY behind. If the comparison is with academy clubs, again - RDS is better and no more expensive. try a reasoned actual response please
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
"waste of money" poster is an idiot. the RDS Teams are a bit cheaper than the academy clubs youth teams (Cedar Stars, PDA, WC, FC , Met Oval etc). So when you say better to "stay with your club" which club exactly do you mean. The town/ayso teams? If you keep them there and hope they can get on ANY DA at age 12 good luck to you - they will be WAY behind. If the comparison is with academy clubs, again - RDS is better and no more expensive. try a reasoned actual response please
How many kids last year on the loaded 05 RDS team made the academy team this year? The percentage will be even less with 3 teams. Stop drinking the rds koolaid that it is the only pathway to the academy team. BTW top 07 kids are already playing academy this year.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How many kids last year on the loaded 05 RDS team made the academy team this year? The percentage will be even less with 3 teams. Stop drinking the rds koolaid that it is the only pathway to the academy team. BTW top 07 kids are already playing academy this year.
This question has already been answered earlier in this thread, but to be redundant 8 of the 16 kids on the team were offered spots at the Redbulls Academy while all 16 were placed in a USSF DA. Yes of course the percentage will drop with three teams... so what? No one ever implied that this was the only pathway to DA, not even the RDS staff. I honestly donít see how anyone could say that this isnít a good option for kids with the skill and aspiration to play Academy ball. No not all of them will make it, but for the ones that donít they will still be better players because of it. And yes, a few 07ís play for the DA, but 95% of the roster are 06ís. What do you have against this program? Did your kid not make the team? Did they take your clubs best player? Come to think of it, the only person I have ever heard say anything negative about this program is LM. Hmmm...
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

agree with last poster. this is either a sour grapes dad whose kid didnt make it or LM.
scumbag Larry Miller refused to even post my RDS teams discussions on his chat "site". basically threatened by a new superior product to his paying DA/Premier team customers. Literally every kid on these RDS teams turned down prime DA youth team spots. Its a great program and without the parent, politics, coaches kids, nonsense at usual clubs.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
agree with last poster. this is either a sour grapes dad whose kid didnt make it or LM.
scumbag Larry Miller refused to even post my RDS teams discussions on his chat "site". basically threatened by a new superior product to his paying DA/Premier team customers. Literally every kid on these RDS teams turned down prime DA youth team spots. Its a great program and without the parent, politics, coaches kids, nonsense at usual clubs.
Sure idiot. These kids turned down nycfc or red bulls academy spots so they can pay 3k to play rds edp. Get over yourself. If your kid was good enough to play mls da this year, he would not be playing rds.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

who said they turned down NYCFC or RED Bulls???!! that doesn't even make any sense - NYCFC doesn't even have a 2008 group nor does Red Bulls, other than this RDS EDP team! You clearly have no idea of the youth soccer landscape at this age. You must be LM or just a complete other idiot. I clearly meant they turned down the 2007-2008 pre-academy teams for CS, MO, BWG, NYSC, FC WC, PDA, etc. Go to bed Larr....
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
who said they turned down NYCFC or RED Bulls???!! that doesn't even make any sense - NYCFC doesn't even have a 2008 group nor does Red Bulls, other than this RDS EDP team! You clearly have no idea of the youth soccer landscape at this age. You must be LM or just a complete other idiot. I clearly meant they turned down the 2007-2008 pre-academy teams for CS, MO, BWG, NYSC, FC WC, PDA, etc. Go to bed Larr....
They both have a 2006 team which are well represented with 2007s. Take your pills.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.