Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #71  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Really? He owns Hofstra University? He owns Chelsea Piers and Alley Pond too?
Stop spreading false info, there are 10 locations where Coe is held, the 2 in Suffolk are kk
It is a very good program but pricey. If you have the budget, go for it. If not, don't worry about it. There is lots of supplemental work a player can do on their own for nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Really? He owns Hofstra University? He owns Chelsea Piers and Alley Pond too?
Stop spreading false info, there are 10 locations where Coe is held, the 2 in Suffolk are kk
Kurt Kelley leases the 2 facilities.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Kurt Kelley leases the 2 facilities.
That's what I thought, but wasn't positive. I remember that became "public knowledge" when SUSA made an offer to buyout KK.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
fwiw, the CP coe is $660 for 12 sessions. that's a big step up from the fall price. ouch.
I also believe there were only 6 session for the outdoor fall program... 6 additional session plus indoor rentals.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I also believe there were only 6 session for the outdoor fall program... 6 additional session plus indoor rentals.
One of the sessions is tryout and usually all scrimmaging. Good for younger players, but if you have an older child on a competitive team their team practices are probably just as productive if not more productive then PDP sessions and definitely cheaper.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 6 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
One of the sessions is tryout and usually all scrimmaging. Good for younger players, but if you have an older child on a competitive team their team practices are probably just as productive if not more productive then PDP sessions and definitely cheaper.
So the rest of the program is just like the tryouts, just scrimmage.... I thought it was a development... training, drills, strategy...

Anyone else do this COE PDP? What did you see and think?
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 6 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I also believe there were only 6 session for the outdoor fall program... 6 additional session plus indoor rentals.
FWIW, there were 8 sessions in fall.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 4 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So went last night to our first session. 24 girls and 2 trainers. Split into 2 age groups of 12 with a trainer. I did not see anything innovative or really different except that the level of the girls was more consistent than you will find on your town team allowing you to run the drills better, thus the girls get more out of it. Thinking about what someone said earlier, at $55 a kid=$1320 a session...
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 4 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So went last night to our first session. 24 girls and 2 trainers. Split into 2 age groups of 12 with a trainer. I did not see anything innovative or really different except that the level of the girls was more consistent than you will find on your town team allowing you to run the drills better, thus the girls get more out of it. Thinking about what someone said earlier, at $55 a kid=$1320 a session...


So about 38 a hour. I pay 35 for a car wash.
They all do the same drills no matter where you go.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 4 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don't think the program keeps up with what club/league the kids move to after a certain point. My daughter has been in the program for 3 years (monthly trainings, select squad events, etc) and plays on an Nycsl NPL team, but there are at least 6-7 girls that have moved to ECNL and GDA (over the course of the last 3 years) that still attend PDP events and trainings. Selfishly, I'm not opposed to it, bc we love the kids and my D has gotten to know them really well and the girls play amazing soccer together.
BUT, do I think it's fair to other kids who are playing in Nycsl whose potential "spots" are being occupied by kids outside the league? Not really
I'm totally aligned with your statements. My son who played on DA but left because he wants to play high school is part of the PDP program, select squad, etc has multiple friends that play for DA however are also part of the program. The way I look at it is I want my child to play in a environment which is very competitive so if a spot is taken from a NYCSL player then so be it. then that child wasn't developed enough to make the cut. HOWEVER: Once you reach an age where the iD2 program kick in that's when it becomes sticky I'm a year away from that so I'll cross the bridge next year.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.