Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Default Indoor Winter Tourney Recomendations

Hello everyone

New coach looking for recommendations on winter indoor tournaments on Long Island over the winter. I have a great bunch of newer U10 girls (B-C level playing in D3). I don't want to put them in a full tilt tourney with a lot of A teams, looking for ones that have good participation so there is some appropriate groupings. Other coaches have not been much help, they have a try it and see attitude.. but that costs parents $$ and we would rather get some benefit of competitive games for them.

Thanks for any help
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone

New coach looking for recommendations on winter indoor tournaments on Long Island over the winter. I have a great bunch of newer U10 girls (B-C level playing in D3). I don't want to put them in a full tilt tourney with a lot of A teams, looking for ones that have good participation so there is some appropriate groupings. Other coaches have not been much help, they have a try it and see attitude.. but that costs parents $$ and we would rather get some benefit of competitive games for them.

Thanks for any help
KK athletics. It is a dump but cheap and their house teams are C level.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
KK athletics. It is a dump but cheap and their house teams are C level.
The one over in Farmingdale?
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
The one over in Farmingdale?
Farmingville
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Farmingville
Thanks
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Hello everyone

Thanks for any help
You should try a Futsal league- it will teach the girls better control by playing on a small field, they will get to play every week, and they will have a blast.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
You should try a Futsal league- it will teach the girls better control by playing on a small field, they will get to play every week, and they will have a blast.
I was trying that at first but cannot get enough parents to commit to a winter season. I am competing with Dance, gymnastics, etc.... That was why we were looking for some tournaments. I can get them to do one or two besides some weekly indoor futsal practices.