Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1121  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Where would Barca be training during the winter? I wonder if SUSA bought smithtown ISA complex just to deny a rental option for Barca.
Reply With Quote
  #1122  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Where would Barca be training during the winter? I wonder if SUSA bought smithtown ISA complex just to deny a rental option for Barca.
no - not exactly. Not near there really. and I am not sure where yet, however will be on the south shore.
Reply With Quote
  #1123  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Doesn't the fact that Barca got in to NPL without ever playing a single game give some credibility to them being legit. Or do you think US Club Soccer is being duped? I would think it would be a little harder to pull the wool over their eyes, but I'm curious to hear your thoughts.
Reply With Quote
  #1124  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Doesn't the fact that Barca got in to NPL without ever playing a single game give some credibility to them being legit. Or do you think US Club Soccer is being duped? I would think it would be a little harder to pull the wool over their eyes, but I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

Here we go in- Beating a dead horse. No need for anyone to reply to that post
Reply With Quote
  #1125  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Doesn't the fact that Barca got in to NPL without ever playing a single game give some credibility to them being legit. Or do you think US Club Soccer is being duped? I would think it would be a little harder to pull the wool over their eyes, but I'm curious to hear your thoughts.
Itís not having the wool pulled over your eyes if itís done willingly.
Reply With Quote
  #1126  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Here we go in- Beating a dead horse. No need for anyone to reply to that post
Forgive me for not having the time to read through 1000ís of posts to see if this question had already been addressed.
Reply With Quote
  #1127  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Itís not having the wool pulled over your eyes if itís done willingly.
So US Club Soccer knows its a scam and put them in NPL anyway?
Reply With Quote
  #1128  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So US Club Soccer knows its a scam and put them in NPL anyway?


Of course they did. Wouldn't be surprised if a contribution was made also.
But of course things like that never happen. Lol

Think about it. It's not like Barca came over with full youth squads from Spain to play.
They just picked up kids from the island and nearby who were playing on normal teams prior to that.
Reply With Quote
  #1129  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So US Club Soccer knows its a scam and put them in NPL anyway?
It's obviously not a scam -- the teams are doing at least fine in the NPL.

Ask yourself this question: If you were running a soccer club and there was a kid who you knew would be at least middle of the pack on the team, but had an extremely wealthy family, wouldn't you take him?

The DC United Academy team certainly would. http://dcut.ussoccerda.com/sam/teams...ayer=273900366

This is kind of the same thing -- unless they were going to be an embarrassment, wouldn't it make sense to help out Barca?
Reply With Quote
  #1130  
Old 6 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's obviously not a scam -- the teams are doing at least fine in the NPL.

Ask yourself this question: If you were running a soccer club and there was a kid who you knew would be at least middle of the pack on the team, but had an extremely wealthy family, wouldn't you take him?

The DC United Academy team certainly would. http://dcut.ussoccerda.com/sam/teams...ayer=273900366

This is kind of the same thing -- unless they were going to be an embarrassment, wouldn't it make sense to help out Barca?
Leave kids out of it jerk.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.