Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We had college coaches at both games on Saturday (8 & 2) and Sunday (10). Much better than anticipated. Was it to the level of a GDA or ECNL tournament? Absolutely not. But it was good. For the players on my daughter's team, they are focused on certain Florida schools, which all had a presence. No complaints.
    You never see coaches on second day- they are all heading home. 2 games on day 1 is stupid too. No coach wants to see second game. They really don’t want to watch 3rd game in 2 days.

Comment

You never see coaches on second day- they are all heading home. 2 games on day 1 is stupid too. No coach wants to see second game. They really don’t want to watch 3rd game in 2 days.
      Lots of coaches there. Great event. I was thrilled with the turnout and quality of play

Comment

Lots of coaches there. Great event. I was thrilled with the turnout and quality of play
        Why does UNF show? The don’t recruit Florida players and it is a terrible program.

Comment

Even for competitive D1 teams, it has gotten crazy. I know of one particular Florida D1 school that has verbally committed with a number of 2019 and 2020 players. None of them have been offered any scholarship money and the most the players have been promised is an opportunity to practice/tryout. If they make the final roster of 30 is still unknown. That's an awfully big maybe. Nothing to do with the CDL tournament, simply a comment on the slave trade we call recruiting.
          I can’t say I have heard of anyone in the girls arena committing to a competitive school for no scholarship dollars. I have heard of books only. Even FSU will offer books and they will only take the best of the best.

Comment

Why does UNF show? The don’t recruit Florida players and it is a terrible program.
            Have you ever looked at their roster?

https://unfospreys.com/roster.aspx?path=wsoc

There are six girls on the roster that aren't from Florida - and one of them is Sean Bubb (from FESA)'s daughter.

Comment

Have you ever looked at their roster?

https://unfospreys.com/roster.aspx?path=wsoc

There are six girls on the roster that aren't from Florida - and one of them is Sean Bubb (from FESA)'s daughter.
              Typical, Whole thread taken over by the girls parent's again.Like the boy Scouts, you can have nothing for them.Why can't they just be happy being girls & do Cooking classes Ffs

Comment

Typical, Whole thread taken over by the girls parent's again.Like the boy Scouts, you can have nothing for them.Why can't they just be happy being girls & do Cooking classes Ffs
                Funny- at least girls soccer in FL is good unlike boys. Maybe your son should be taking some cooking classes

Comment

The one thread on here that was having a nice, rational conversation with positive comments. But no. Some azzhole had to fvck it up by making an unnecessary and derogatory remark. Congratulations! You made dovche bag of the day. That is a very high honor for talking soccer.

Comment

The one thread on here that was having a nice, rational conversation with positive comments. But no. Some azzhole had to fvck it up by making an unnecessary and derogatory remark. Congratulations! You made dovche bag of the day. That is a very high honor for talking soccer.
                    I agree. Thought it was a good discussion on the fields, level of play and coaches in attendance. Several good schools there and they were actively recruiting. Will be interesting to see if IMG is as good or better in a few weeks. Anyone seen a coach list for that yet?

Comment

I can’t say I have heard of anyone in the girls arena committing to a competitive school for no scholarship dollars. I have heard of books only. Even FSU will offer books and they will only take the best of the best.
                      Ivy League schools: no scholarship money. Now you have.

Comment

Yes- I knew about them but they don’t offer atheletic scholarships. Neither does d-3 and I k ow girls commit there too. I was referring to schools that offer atheletic scholarships. I did hear a coach at a d-1 state that he had some girls from an up north DA ask for s roster spot and no atheletic money at all. Wasn’t sure if he was handling my chain or not.

Comment

Maybe I'm in the minority here...but IMHO who really cares if it's athletic money or academic aid? Personally I'd be more proud of my kid getting "no scholarship money"/academic aid from an Ivy League or D3 school, that has great academics, than her getting an athletic scholarship from a D1 school like Eastern Kentucky or SW Missouri State. No offense against 2 schools but they don't compare to the likes of Yale or Emory.

It's sad that some parents get so caught up in their kid playing D1 soccer! Alot of D2 and D3 soccer is better than the mid major and lower D1 schools AND the academics are also A LOT better at most as well.

Comment

Maybe I'm in the minority here...but IMHO who really cares if it's athletic money or academic aid? Personally I'd be more proud of my kid getting "no scholarship money"/academic aid from an Ivy League or D3 school, that has great academics, than her getting an athletic scholarship from a D1 school like Eastern Kentucky or SW Missouri State. No offense against 2 schools but they don't compare to the likes of Yale or Emory.

It's sad that some parents get so caught up in their kid playing D1 soccer! Alot of D2 and D3 soccer is better than the mid major and lower D1 schools AND the academics are also A LOT better at most as well.
                            Not every kid is Ivy League. My daughter is going to play D-1 but she selected the best school for her major and turned down some other schools s little more well known. Everyone is different.

Comment

No, but the need base aide at most of these schools is 100%. Pretty much, any kid coming from a family in the sub $150,000 a year range will pay pretty much nothing for school. Many top students will use their soccer ability as a way to get into these schools. Some of these are top level girls who could play at a top 15 school, but most are smart enough to know that playing any further than college is a pipe dream and attending the best school possible is a better decision.

Three top ten players in the 2019 class are headed to Harvard.

Comment

No, but the need base aide at most of these schools is 100%. Pretty much, any kid coming from a family in the sub $150,000 a year range will pay pretty much nothing for school. Many top students will use their soccer ability as a way to get into these schools. Some of these are top level girls who could play at a top 15 school, but most are smart enough to know that playing any further than college is a pipe dream and attending the best school possible is a better decision.

Three top ten players in the 2019 class are headed to Harvard.
                                My apologies, it is the 2020 class.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X